• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Demons, is there any evidence they even exist?

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Besides that when it is contrasted with mental health medication which works whether a person believes in it or not it seems to me that mental illness is a more plausible explanation than demon possession.
I'm not necessarily talking about possession. I'm talking about normal people under spiritual attack. More often it is oppression, not possession.

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member

If so what is the evidence?
I've never been attacked by a demon or seen anyone attacked by a demon. Never seen one as far as I know, but you know how they lie. Personally, I'm well-protected and don't have to worry about such existing or not.

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member

If so what is the evidence?
Here is some photographic evidence of demons.

d1-1500436580.jpg

4e0f0565-michael-andretti-dodge-challenger-srt-demon.jpg

dodge-demon-then-now-university-dodge-1024x288.jpg

I know there is good evidence for these, but unfortunately not the demons you are talking about.

danieldemol

Premium Member
i suppose you are right... then again, it isn't like we are looking for demons and then saying "Wait just a minute, let me go get my camera! Honey, run to the car, get the equipment and set up the lights. Pull out your phone, quick, I want everybody to see how I cast out demons so we can satisfy the curious".

No, actually, when the person was delivered they said, "Thank you! I felt it go out and now I am free". That was good enough for me.

You probably don't have a demon so I think you are fine :)
Well I suppose another way of saying you have nothing to satisfy the curious is to say that you have no evidence that you could share with another person.

In my opinion.

Apostle John

“Go ahead, look up Revelation 6”
Its not that simple with the Bible either, so your goal posts appear a bit unequal there.
But scientists are certainly able to cure a diverse array of illnesses (unlike the Bible) and people have been saved by listening to adverse whether forecasts etc.

In my opinion.
I’ve a feeling your Stephen as well, from that other forum as I know from there he likes inventing an array of different characters, is an atheist and doesn’t get the Bible having read it three times. Scientists cannot cure a whole hearted belief in the Big Bang and evolution theories that mislead many atheists.

I too only have my own evidence of angels and experiences of the supernatural, they cured me of atheism…..eventually. I’m also spiritual and not religious.

danieldemol

Premium Member
I’ve a feeling your Stephen as well, from that other forum as I know from there he likes inventing an array of different characters, is an atheist and doesn’t get the Bible having read it three times.
No, my name is Daniel, my real photo is my profile picture and im not an atheist.

I don't know what goes on in other forums but have you considered the possibility that there is more than one person on the internet that disagrees with the Bible?

Scientists cannot cure a whole hearted belief in the Big Bang and evolution theories that mislead many atheists.
Oh dear me. The job of scientists is to examine the evidence and discover the theories that best fit all available evidence.
Not to cure people of ideas you disagree with.

Many Christians believe in both evolution and the big bang and although I understand Darwin to have become an agnostic later in life if I recall he was Christian when he came up with the theory of evolution. Le maitre was also a Christian and if i recall he was the one who proposed the big bang theory.

So it is not really the case that you have atheist science believers on one side and Theist science deniers on the other.

I too only have my own evidence of angels and experiences of the supernatural, they cured me of atheism…..eventually. I’m also spiritual and not religious.
Ok, but the value of evidence that can be passed on from person to person is that it can be used to convince those who doubt your claims, whereas personal experiences cannot be since I have no means to verify the claims of your personal experience as being true.

In my opinion.

Apostle John

No, my name is Daniel, my real photo is my profile picture and im not an atheist.

I don't know what goes on in other forums but have you considered the possibility that there is more than one person on the internet that disagrees with the Bible?

Oh dear me. The job of scientists is to examine the evidence and discover the theories that best fit all available evidence.
Not to cure people of ideas you disagree with.

Many Christians believe in both evolution and the big bang and although I understand Darwin to have become an agnostic later in life if I recall he was Christian when he came up with the theory of evolution. Le maitre was also a Christian and if i recall he was the one who proposed the big bang theory.

So it is not really the case that you have atheist science believers on one side and Theist science deniers on the other.

Ok, but the value of evidence that can be passed on from person to person is that it can be used to convince those who doubt your claims, whereas personal experiences cannot be since I have no means to verify the claims of your personal experience as being true.

In my opinion.
In my experience both God and Satan can make any human believe what they want to, without their knowledge, locking them in their own mind bubble, even starting theories for others to believe the lie. I am a trained scientist with a doctorate but prefer the wisdom God has given me to that. Humans will never achieve success at doing a simple thing as a head transplant, God has already told us “the life of the flesh is in the blood”.

danieldemol

Premium Member
In my experience both God and Satan can make any human believe what they want to, without their knowledge, locking them in their own mind bubble, even starting theories for others to believe the lie.
If that is the case why are you even here? If God and Satan are playing mind control games we are just a bunch of marionettes doomed to believe whatever whoever happens to be in control of us dictates.

I am a trained scientist with a doctorate but prefer the wisdom God has given me to that.
You have God given wisdom? Do tell, this should be interesting.

Humans will never achieve success at doing a simple thing as a head transplant...
a)I believe you dont know what humans will or won't achieve in the future.
b)If humans haven't yet achieved it what makes you think it is simple?

God has already told us “the life of the flesh is in the blood”.
I believe your God was wrong, Jellyfish are made of flesh and alive but they have no blood.

Humans die without blood because brains require oxygen to survive and blood is what transports oxygen at safe levels from the lungs to the brain.

In my opinion

Apostle John

1. If that is the case why are you even here?

2. You have God given wisdom? Do tell, this should be interesting.

3. If humans haven't yet achieved it what makes you think it is simple?
1. I felt like joining.
2. I intend to tell my testimony to Christians later, if I get the urge.
3. Since the 1960’s humans have been able to attach all relevant parts.

Ostronomos

Is there any evidence the Invisible Pink Unicorn can't exist?

We are talking about the Mind = Reality proposition and God mathematics. Not an imaginary entity that has potential to become actualized as all imaginary entities do and can exist in a ghostly state of possibility and become manifest to a degree when the M=R proposition becomes that ultimate reality.

Ostronomos

If that is the case why are you even here? If God and Satan are playing mind control games we are just a bunch of marionettes doomed to believe whatever whoever happens to be in control of us dictates.

You have God given wisdom? Do tell, this should be interesting.

a)I believe you dont know what humans will or won't achieve in the future.
b)If humans haven't yet achieved it what makes you think it is simple?

I believe your God was wrong, Jellyfish are made of flesh and alive but they have no blood.

Humans die without blood because brains require oxygen to survive and blood is what transports oxygen at safe levels from the lungs to the brain.

In my opinion

Thank you Daniel.

It is good to distinguish God superstition from God fact, which is what I call "super-science". I am the world's leading expert on this. There seems to be a growing number of scientists who can make many a distinction in this area as well.

The mind = the brain yes. Or rather, the brain is a Quantum computer. It is a quantum mechanical instrument that runs the software. It requires God mathematics to create a fully functioning mind. But the mind/brain relationship is also a dualism of sorts. As the mind is a non-material consciousness yet a quantitative dimension.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Unexplained depression, unreasonable panic attacks, irrational fears are some possible symptoms.
Again these seem like mental health issues to me.

Can you explain what your success rate is like compared to antidepressants, anxiety meds and cognitive behavioural therapy? Have you done your double blind study to research the results?

In my opinion.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Well I suppose another way of saying you have nothing to satisfy the curious is to say that you have no evidence that you could share with another person.

In my opinion.
Wasn't trying to provide "evidence"... was giving information as per the OP.

If you are really interested, go to a mission trip to India or some other place. If you aren't interested, just enjoy RF :)