• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Demons, is there any evidence they even exist?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
If Dark Matter is a placeholder name, there is no evidence for it, because, you made up a name for something, for which you have not a clue what it is.
As Neil DeGrasse Tyson put it... not in these words. Dark Matter is a lousy name, since no one knows that it is actually matter.

That's like being awake and experiencing something, and not knowing what it is, but you call it a demon.
As mentioned in my previous post, there is evidence for what science generally calls as 'Dark Matter'. If Dr. Tyson does not like the name, he can suggest some other. When science comes to know more about it, it will give it a better name.
The problem with demons is that only some theists experience it (not all), and no atheists.

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
While it's true that life is short and there's no time for fussing and fighting, my friend, I've always thought that it's a crime to even suggest that other rock bands are comparable to The Beatles. So, having said that, I'd like to point out the fact that you have blasphemed against the legendary rock gods, The Beatles. As penance for your blasphemy in saying that these other rock bands are on par with them, you must walk the long and winding road of listening to the albums of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Rubber Soul, Revolver, and The White Album, as well as publicly sing "Yellow Submarine" while you twist and shout. If you do this, then I'll forgive you, and you'll be back in my good graces. Boy, you're gotta carry that weight, carry that weight a long time. It could be a hard day's night, or perhaps as long as eight days a week. Don't let me down. I got a feeling that we can work it out. Can you dig it?
I like your idea of punishment.

vulcanlogician

I've always thought that it's a crime to even suggest that other rock bands are comparable to The Beatles.
And what would the sentence be, under that law, if someone were to be found guilty of thinking the Beatles and Who were equally awesome?

Tar and feathering is a bit too much. I recommend rounding such people up and inviting them to work on a commune where they live according to their principles. Utopian communists should all be forced to live in a communist utopia. That would be justice. Likewise, total potheads would be forced to live under conditions where they could smoke pot whenever they wanted, and also had an unlimited supply of pot (and donuts).

What if fascists all had to live under fascism? While the rest of us didn't. That sounds pretty just to me.

Now you seem desperate to avoid acknowledging that I hit the nail on the head.
You’re a legend in your own mind bro, you know nothing about spiritual things and your only answer to supernatural things is confirmation bias.
When you enter into a conversation not even yours you don’t even have the ability to follow.
It would seem to me that you and the other member would follow their standards, a psychologist that claims to help addicts surely should be able to provide the same proof and evidence she is asking of me when I tell my personal experience with God and have 35 years of life to back up my comments, along with all the other testimonies in the Bible, as well as many people today who are being set free by Jesus Christ.
Surely the psychologist could provide her notes, how long it took and how much money it cost, the exact nature of the change.
I can describe mine and the cost was free to me, the time frame was immediate, the cost to Jesus was God becoming a man, living a perfect life, dying a horrendous death on the Cross, buried and rose from the dead.

Hallucinations that aren't the result of drug abuse or somatic contexts (like high fever or alike) are typically symptoms of psychotic episodes, which is a psychiatric condition which itself occurs within contexts of mental illnesses and / or psychiatric disorders as described in DSM.

As for scientific data on how anti-psychotic meds "make the voices go away", here's a double blind study for you to ignore and / or wave away

Conclusions: Stable elderly patients with chronic schizophrenia receiving appropriate doses of risperidone or olanzapine over an 8-week period experienced significant reductions in the severity of psychotic and extrapyramidal symptoms

I think it's obvious that you aren't at all interested in intellectually honest discussion.
Lol, just give them drugs, drugs and more drugs. Can you see the freedom from one problem to another and don’t forget the side effects from the drugs. And you call it the “intellectual approach”.

This is your answer oh man it’s a joke right? You’re serious, this is buffoonery at its best and this is the best you got. Yup you hit the nail on your head.

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
It’s about Demons being expelled from people who want them out of their lives. I posted 15 types of evidence, personal testimony and eye witness testimony are considered evidence. So the Biblical accounts as well as my own are evidence, people can choose to believe it or not that’s up to them. But to say it’s not evidence on the basis of whether you personally believe it or not is just faulty thinking.
Here are some people who wrote about this subject:
Derek Prince
Smith Wigglesworth
Katherine Kuhlman
Daniel Adams has many videos
Greg Locke has Deliverence Services every week
Mike Signorelli
And many more
I like that name Smith Wigglesworth. That sounds like a rabbit name.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Lol, just give them drugs, drugs and more drugs. Can you see the freedom from one problem to another and don’t forget the side effects from the drugs. And you call it the “intellectual approach”.

This is your answer oh man it’s a joke right? You’re serious, this is buffoonery at its best and this is the best you got. Yup you hit the nail on your head.
What do you propose to treat people with mental health problems?

danieldemol

Premium Member
So when you get a headache do you moan about the side effects of paracetamol and pray to Jesus to drive the demon out of your head instead?
Or do you take the "intellectual approach" and swallow a tablet or two?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
That's good. I haven't been discussing the flood, so not discussing it with me would be appropriate.

Wouldn't it be more important to consider those that deify the Bible and are forced to relinquish free will to follow it as other men tell them to follow it. God gave us the gift of free will, yet many demand that gift be thrown out with the bath water.

How do you imagine that this practice fits with the First and Second Commandment? Or with the Ninth Commandment?

Since the Reformation, we have been told that each of us can interpret the Bible through our own relationship with God and understanding of God's word. Yet all I see on this thread are demands that run counter to that understanding and anyone doing so is coerced to give up that free will and pressured to conform to some other person's interpretation of the Bible.

How do you imagine these coercive persons come to the belief that they share authority with God?

I have seen overkill on here to force others to bend to that assumed authority, or at the least, shut them up when they ask questions.

Maybe you should think about that more.
My question really centers around those who believe or claim a basic belief in the Bible and those who do not. Some people here claim to hear voices, have spirit communication with the dead, and things similar. How then do you perceive such claims, do you think they are they making it up?

YoursTrue

That's good. I haven't been discussing the flood, so not discussing it with me would be appropriate.

Wouldn't it be more important to consider those that deify the Bible and are forced to relinquish free will to follow it as other men tell them to follow it. God gave us the gift of free will, yet many demand that gift be thrown out with the bath water.

How do you imagine that this practice fits with the First and Second Commandment? Or with the Ninth Commandment?

Since the Reformation, we have been told that each of us can interpret the Bible through our own relationship with God and understanding of God's word. Yet all I see on this thread are demands that run counter to that understanding and anyone doing so is coerced to give up that free will and pressured to conform to some other person's interpretation of the Bible.

How do you imagine these coercive persons come to the belief that they share authority with God?

I have seen overkill on here to force others to bend to that assumed authority, or at the least, shut them up when they ask questions.

Maybe you should think about that more.
Well, let's see -- Bible reading was forbidden for quite a while, wasn't it? Going back to the books themselves spoke of marked differences among those claiming a belief in Christ, and spoke of serious dissent as time would go on. Here is what I conclude: God allows free will.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
My question really centers around those who believe or claim a basic belief in the Bible and those who do not. Some people here claim to hear voices, have spirit communication with the dead, and things similar. How then do you perceive such claims, do you think they are they making it up?
I have no way of knowing, but I must admit being dubious of such claims. Anyone can do that.

What would you do to determine if it is true or dream, fact or fabrication? How would you know if your determination was valid?

If a person says they are Napoleon, how do you know they aren't telling the truth?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Well, let's see -- Bible reading was forbidden for quite a while, wasn't it? Going back to the books themselves spoke of marked differences among those claiming a belief in Christ, and spoke of serious dissent as time would go on. Here is what I conclude: God allows free will.
Not that I'm aware of. When was this and where?

The Bible as we know it didn't fully exist until the 2nd through the 5th Centuries. It has been available ever since as far as I know.

God gifts us with free will, but man insists it be taken away.

YoursTrue

The Bible as we know it didn't fully exist until the 2nd through the 5th Centuries. It has been available ever since as far as I know.

I am talking about posters here who staunchly believe they can communicate with the dead, and some who also say they hear voices. How do you place that in your spiritual vocabulary if you know what I mean? In other words let me be more succinct. Do demons exist? Are these posters in harmony with your ideas about life, God, and demons if they claim to believe voices and spirit mediums?

YoursTrue

OK, 2 Peter 3:16 is one reference:
New International Version
He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

YoursTrue

I'm also talking particularly about the Inquisition.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I am talking about posters here who staunchly believe they can communicate with the dead, and some who also say they hear voices. How do you place that in your spiritual vocabulary if you know what I mean? In other words let me be more succinct. Do demons exist? Are these posters in harmony with your ideas about life, God, and demons if they claim to believe voices and spirit mediums?
I don't know if demons exist. That is what I have been asking. One of your compatriots couldn't answer in his typical fashion. No one else has either.

How do you determine the validity of these things or do you just accept that they are real without ever knowing? How do you imagine the 9th Commandment relates to that sort of acceptance?

YoursTrue

I have no way of knowing, but I must admit being dubious of such claims. Anyone can do that.

What would you do to determine if it is true or dream, fact or fabrication? How would you know if your determination was valid?

If a person says they are Napoleon, how do you know they aren't telling the truth?
Really? You think that person might be/could be Napoleon?? ?