• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Demons, is there any evidence they even exist?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
All it takes is a yes or no. What's to explain, if you already did.?
Are you saying No?

No. You did not. If Dark Matter is a placeholder name, there is no evidence for it, because, you made up a name for something, for which you have not a clue what it is.
As Neil DeGrasse Tyson put it... not in these words. Dark Matter is a lousy name, since no one knows that it is actually matter.

That's like being awake and experiencing something, and not knowing what it is, but you call it a demon.
You have evidence of a phenomenon.
Is it a demon... or something else?

Are you suggesting that I don't understand what you said? I'm just confirming... you know, making doubly sure I have a clear answer.
Do you find something wrong with that? Why may I ask?

Argumentative?
Asking questions is being argumentative? :dizzy:

Your time has come once more to run away?
Why? Are you afraid to clash with data?
You don't tire doing this?
If I put my nose in a fight every time, and got clobbered. I'd think I would learn from those experiences.

I can only repeat myself.

We measure gravitational forces that are unaccounted for by the regular source of gravity: visible matter.
There is something, a source which currently remains unknown that is exerting those gravitational forces. We know it's there, because we can measure the gravity it exerts.

That unknown thing is labeled "dark matter".
It's just a name. Get over yourself.

Is there evidence for that thing, whatever it is? Yes. And that evidence is the manifestation of it that we can measure: the gravitational forces.

Derp-di-derp-derp.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Suppose a comparison was made between dark matter and say the existence of demons. How valid would you consider that comparison?

On the one hand, we have something, even if it is unknown, that has evidence to identify its existence. On the other, we have something that is claimed and no one seems to be able to provide any evidence for it at all.
We really need the winner frubal back for posts like this. :)

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
You’re a legend in your own mind bro, you know nothing about spiritual things and your only answer to supernatural things is confirmation bias.
When you enter into a conversation not even yours you don’t even have the ability to follow.
It would seem to me that you and the other member would follow their standards, a psychologist that claims to help addicts surely should be able to provide the same proof and evidence she is asking of me when I tell my personal experience with God and have 35 years of life to back up my comments, along with all the other testimonies in the Bible, as well as many people today who are being set free by Jesus Christ.
Surely the psychologist could provide her notes, how long it took and how much money it cost, the exact nature of the change.
I can describe mine and the cost was free to me, the time frame was immediate, the cost to Jesus was God becoming a man, living a perfect life, dying a horrendous death on the Cross, buried and rose from the dead.
This is completely off topic / beside the point
The point is about testimony being unreliable.

You are doing your outmost best to avoid that point.
This is why you haven't commented at all to the statement that "testimony" is the number 1 reason why people get wrongfully convicted.

As "evidence", it is the lowest form of evidence and the most unreliable by far.
If "testimony" is all you have as evidence, then your case is as weak as it gets. It means that all you have are claims and beliefs.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Lol, just give them drugs, drugs and more drugs. Can you see the freedom from one problem to another and don’t forget the side effects from the drugs. And you call it the “intellectual approach”.

Another one who waves away clear evidence from double blind studies showing black on white how anti-psychotic meds helps people reduce psychotic symptoms.......

Also, did I say there aren't side effects?

This is your answer oh man it’s a joke right? You’re serious, this is buffoonery at its best and this is the best you got. Yup you hit the nail on your head.

The alternative is letting people deteriorate further and hope they get better by themselves, which a minority will or might.
The rest will ultimately become a major danger to themselves and others. And / or end up with permanent brain damage.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
there are two possibilities in my mind: one is that he is lying, pretending, knowing he is pretending or lying, the other is that he is possessed by a demon who has overtaken him.

Talk about a false dichotomy.....................................

So, does that mean that anti-psychotic meds make for effect exorcisms? :rolleyes:

It does lead to some intereting quetions, though. Such as what if you are called to be on a jury judging the innocence or guilt of a person who uses the insanity defense?
That person will be thoroughly evaluated by psychiatrists to see if he's lying or not.
Contrary to popular opinion, it's not that easy to fake.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I take the spiritual approach to determine the cause of an illness and go from there to treat.
Everything isn’t a demon, sometimes it’s your diet, lifestyle. I certainly wouldn’t take medication with serious side effects like the one that was listed.

The first cancer you get that requires chemo, will likely kill you in that case.

Apparently you would just prescribe medication to everyone without finding out the cause.
Mental illness where there is real treatment that leaves people in bondage a lot of time is caused by a demon, from generational curses, witchcraft, masonic lodge or other secret societies and things like this. Demons are trespassers and will take any opportunity to inhabit a person to destroy and mock God and human beings who are made in God's image.
Honestly, I hope you are never in charge of someone's health.

danieldemol

Premium Member
I take the spiritual approach to determine the cause of an illness and go from there to treat.
Everything isn’t a demon, sometimes it’s your diet, lifestyle.
I believe diet and lifestyle are material things not spiritual things.
So anyways, how do you spiritually determine whether a headache is caused by a demon or natural causes?

And by the way I would not prescribe anything as I'm not a doctor. But I do take meds for paranoid delusions, and sure they have side effects but like with paracetamol the benefit outweighs the side effects. So I believe it is common sense to take medication that has been proven to work over praying to deity/(s) in the hope that something will happen in spite of the fact that no one has ever been able to regrow an amputated limb using prayer - which would be the ultimate demonstration that prayer actually works.

In my opinion.

I believe diet and lifestyle are material things not spiritual things.
So anyways, how do you spiritually determine whether a headache is caused by a demon or natural causes?

And by the way I would not prescribe anything as I'm not a doctor. But I do take meds for paranoid delusions, and sure they have side effects but like with paracetamol the benefit outweighs the side effects. So I believe it is common sense to take medication that has been proven to work over praying to deity/(s) in the hope that something will happen in spite of the fact that no one has ever been able to regrow an amputated limb using prayer - which would be the ultimate demonstration that prayer actually works.

In my opinion.
Why are you equating a headache or a stubbed toe or paper cut with someone that would be a drug addict, have schizophrenia, tormented in their dreams, someone with serious anger issues, suicidal thoughts and things like this?
I have seen many people like myself that have been delivered from all kinds of things that were caused by demons. Once people get saved through Jesus Christ, repent by renouncing all occult practices, generational curses, unforgiveness and resentment due to many reasons, and there are many ways people can be tormented by demons, During the renouncing and repentance demons manifest and show themselves, at that time they are expelled in the Name of Jesus and have to obey the authority of His Name and leave that person. Jesus owns the believer not the demon.

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
Why are you equating a headache or a stubbed toe or paper cut with someone that would be a drug addict, have schizophrenia, tormented in their dreams, someone with serious anger issues, suicidal thoughts and things like this?
Why are you misrepresenting what I asked?

I was specific to mental health issues. I made no references to trivial injuries.

If you cannot answer, just say so. Wouldn't that be fitting to your professed beliefs?

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
I have seen many people like myself that have been delivered from all kinds of things that were caused by demons. Once people get saved through Jesus Christ, repent by renouncing all occult practices, generational curses, unforgiveness and resentment due to many reasons, and there are many ways people can be tormented by demons, During the renouncing and repentance demons manifest and show themselves, at that time they are expelled in the Name of Jesus and have to obey the authority of His Name and leave that person. Jesus owns the believer not the demon.
Reading through the posts you are replying to, there is no mention of stubbed toes, paper cuts or headaches. The reference is to side effects versus therapeutic value.

The first cancer you get that requires chemo, will likely kill you in that case.

Honestly, I hope you are never in charge of someone's health.
Well, I don’t discount doctors and medication but they’re limited.
Medication didn’t heal me but got me addicted to more medication, legal and illegal substances.
In your example of medication the side effects of the medication doesn’t seem like a win for the patient. When do they get off the medication and experience healing?
I’m free from everything that used to control my life and that is from Jesus Christ.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
In your example of medication the side effects of the medication doesn’t seem like a win for the patient.

In my examples patients are severely suffering from schizofrenia, which is manifested in chronic psychosis (hallucinations both auditive and visual).
These are disorders that tear people and families apart, that can cause permanent brain damage and drive people to suicide. It's also not uncommon for such people to turn seriously violent and even murderous.

Some weight gain and alike seems like a small price to pay if that is the alternative.

You seem to have no idea at all what you are talking about. Having seen first hand the damage psychosis can cause in people, their families and loved ones, I am absolutely appalled by the irresponsible statements you make here.

When do they get off the medication and experience healing?

People usually never heal from disorders like schizofrenia.
The first line of defense against accute psychosis is always anti-psychotics.
Once the episode is over, one can gradually try without meds. Often though, they relapse.
But again, it depends on the context within which the psychosis manifests.

I’m free from everything that used to control my life and that is from Jesus Christ.
If you say so.

I'll trust double blind studies over your unverifiable anecdote.

nPeace

Veteran Member
It is incorrect to say that there is no evidence.
"The primary evidence for dark matter comes from calculations showing that many galaxies would behave quite differently if they did not contain a large amount of unseen matter. Some galaxies would not have formed at all and others would not move as they currently do. Other lines of evidence include observations in gravitational lensing and the cosmic microwave background, along with astronomical observations of the observable universe's current structure, the formation and evolution of galaxies, mass location during galactic collisions, and the motion of galaxies within galaxy clusters." - Wikipedia
It's not evidence of Dark Matter.
It's evidence of the Spaghetti Monster.
How do you know it is matter, and not a monster?

nPeace

Veteran Member
As mentioned in my previous post, there is evidence for what science generally calls as 'Dark Matter'.
Yes. We can call it whatever we like. It's not evidence for whatever we like. Let's call it God. It is evidence for God. Is that fine?
Better yet. Since you call it matter, because you assume it is matter, and because you know of matter, and think... Oh well. It cannot be anything else... contrary to what other physicists say. why don't we just call the phenomenon we observe demons.
There, There is evidence for demons. BRUM Case Closed.
Cool?

If Dr. Tyson does not like the name, he can suggest some other. When science comes to know more about it, it will give it a better name.
The problem with demons is that only some theists experience it (not all), and no atheists.
No. Actually, all Christians - that is A LL experience demons.
Notice that I did not highlight the fact that only some scientists suggest Dark Matter. Not all. so what are you saying?
They - that is, all Christians - know from Jesus what to look for, so when they see the phenomenon, they recognize... Oh. It must be demons.
Any objections?