• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Death and Evolution

DavidFirth

What does that have to do with what I wrote? All I'm saying is that people do not "age" at the same rate, and that's pretty much an observable fact.

On top of this, when I ask you a question you simply just avoid it, so why should I continue with this discussion?

So, I won't.

I'll back you on "people do not "age" at the same rate" as that is pretty much common sense. There is proof but I don't need it because I can see it with my own eyes.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
What does that have to do with what I wrote? All I'm saying is that people do not "age" at the same rate, and that's pretty much an observable fact.

On top of this, when I ask you a question you simply just avoid it, so why should I continue with this discussion?

So, I won't.

It's up to you, but you're saying "not in the same rate", I asked you to show me if some people
are aging at 30 and some others are still young at 70.

You may read this if you wish When do the human organs start the aging process? - People's Daily Online

Last edited:

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Aging and how it evolved is a work of guessing
Given that not only do you not know anything about the subject, but also go out of your way to remain so, your evaluation and opinion of it is pretty much worthless.

of course God is excluded from your mind, you only believe in the stones and
that no intelligence is needed to make a human brain, and still you say that you
respect science, this whole system of the universe was brought to existence
by the inanimate nature, no science , no plan, no design was needed.
And that's what this whole charade was about. You were never curious about the biology; it was just another attempt to "stump the evolutionist". But since that's failed, all you're left with is stamping your feet and shouting "God did it! God did it!" over and over.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Given that not only do you not know anything about the subject, but also go out of your way to remain so, your evaluation and opinion of it is pretty much worthless.

Are you saying that how aging evolved is well known and it isn't just theories and ideas,
I am afraid you're the one not knowing what you're talking about.

And that's what this whole charade was about. You were never curious about the biology; it was just another attempt to "stump the evolutionist". But since that's failed, all you're left with is stamping your feet and shouting "God did it! God did it!" over and over.

God did it, if I am wrong, then show your evidence that God didn't.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Are you saying that how aging evolved is well known and it isn't just theories and ideas,
For the love of........another Christian creationist who uses the ignorant "just a theory" argument. What is it with you people and this ridiculous misconception?

And no, I'm not saying what you claim. I'm saying that you were given information on the questions you raised and you could have taken that as an opportunity to learn more about the subject, but you didn't.

God did it, if I am wrong, then show your evidence that God didn't.
Fallacy of shifting the burden of proof. If you believe God did it, it falls on you to demonstrate it.

I did but it never answered my question, if you think it did then you
can't force me to believe what you want me to believe, it's kind of rudeness.
Again you demonstrate why showing and explaining science to Christian creationists is a waste of time. You asked a question and were given resources that would help answer it. But you obviously took that as me trying to force you to believe something, rather than merely answering your question. That says a lot about you and your approach to this subject.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
For the love of........another Christian creationist who uses the ignorant "just a theory" argument. What is it with you people and this ridiculous misconception?

And no, I'm not saying what you claim. I'm saying that you were given information on the questions you raised and you could have taken that as an opportunity to learn more about the subject, but you didn't.

Fallacy of shifting the burden of proof. If you believe God did it, it falls on you to demonstrate it.

Again you demonstrate why showing and explaining science to Christian creationists is a waste of time. You asked a question and were given resources that would help answer it. But you obviously took that as me trying to force you to believe something, rather than merely answering your question. That says a lot about you and your approach to this subject.

Better to say I don't know than insisting that God didn't it, but if you're sure that God didn't it
then prove it, if you can't and you won't then our discussion will be waste of time.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Still you don't prove anything, not fallacies but a fact.
Well, I think I proved (by most reasonable standards) that your questions weren't asked out of a genuine curiosity about the subject. Instead, they were basically a game where you figured no one would be able to answer and you would get to claim some sort of victory. So when I gave you a means to actually learn, you ignored it and focused on me, in an obvious attempt to salvage that victory you were counting on.

But you missed the net result.....you left the exchange just as ignorant about the subject as when you entered it. And that's kind of a sad thing, no matter what else happened.

Now, if you're determined to get the last word in, by all means......

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Well, I think I proved (by most reasonable standards) that your questions weren't asked out of a genuine curiosity about the subject. Instead, they were basically a game where you figured no one would be able to answer and you would get to claim some sort of victory. So when I gave you a means to actually learn, you ignored it and focused on me, in an obvious attempt to salvage that victory you were counting on.

But you missed the net result.....you left the exchange just as ignorant about the subject as when you entered it. And that's kind of a sad thing, no matter what else happened.

Now, if you're determined to get the last word in, by all means......

Still pointless words, the fact is that aging and death can't be explained by mutations
and natural selection, you failed as the others did, only pointless answers.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Better to say I don't know than insisting that God didn't it, but if you're sure that God didn't it
then prove it, if you can't and you won't then our discussion will be waste of time.
Better to say "I do Not Know" than insisting God did it, but if you are sure God did it, then prove it, if you can't and you wont, then the discussion is a waste of time.

I shall not be holding my breath waiting for your proof that your chosen deity exists.
Though your hypocrisy is comical.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Better to say "I do Not Know" than insisting God did it, but if you are sure God did it, then prove it, if you can't and you wont, then the discussion is a waste of time.

I shall not be holding my breath waiting for your proof that your chosen deity exists.

No hypocrisy, you believe that God doesn't exist and I believe that God exists.
You believe it's all about the stones whereas I believe that intelligence is involved.

McBell

No hypocrisy, you believe that God doesn't exist and I believe that God exists.
You believe it's all about the stones whereas I believe that intelligence is involved.
You should really stop trying to dictate to me what I believe.
You suck at it.

Interesting that failed to present your proof.
Why is that?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
You should really stop trying to dictate to me what I believe.
You suck at it.

Interesting that failed to present your proof.
Why is that?

If I were wrong and if there's something other than the stone"non living matter", then tell me
what it's?

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure

what would proof look like to you?

all these naturalists hating on religious people. why bother with the forum altogether?

McBell

what would proof look like to you?

all these naturalists hating on religious people. why bother with the forum altogether?
The post you quoted was in response to a member who wants proof for every thing written to him but offers absolutely nothing in the way of proof in what he posts.

In short, it is pointing out his hypocrisy.
Now if you wish to take it out of context and attack the strawman, be my guest.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
The post you quoted was in response to a member who wants proof for every thing written to him but offers absolutely nothing in the way of proof in what he posts.

In short, it is pointing out his hypocrisy.
Now if you wish to take it out of context and attack the strawman, be my guest.

No hypocrisy, I am asking for a proof that death wasn't planned and that it was a sequence of
mutations and natural selection, evolution doesn't explain how death and lifespan evolved.