• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Death and Evolution

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
You had that question answered before. Remember r/K selection?

Or are you yet another creationist who demands we answer your questions and explain things for you, but then you ignore/forget it all?

It's actually more to planned than the work of nature, the high growth rates
need to have less lifespan than the low ones, it isn't for the benefit of the species
but for the survival of life on earth.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
It's actually more to planned than the work of nature, the high growth rates
need to have less lifespan than the low ones, it isn't for the benefit of the species
but for the survival of life on earth.
So it's....

"How does evolution explain this?"

Here (provides explanation)

"No, it's actually because God did it."​

Once again we see the folly of showing science to creationists. You didn't ask your question because you wanted an answer, you asked it because you thought no one could answer and you would be able to claim victory. But I messed that up by giving an answer, so all you're left with is "Nuh uh....Goddidit".

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
So it's....

"How does evolution explain this?"

Here (provides explanation)

"No, it's actually because God did it."​

Once again we see the folly of showing science to creationists. You didn't ask your question because you wanted an answer, you asked it because you thought no one could answer and you would be able to claim victory. But I messed that up by giving an answer, so all you're left with is "Nuh uh....Goddidit".

But you didn't make a logical valuable answer, you only copy and paste what others
had think and guessed, the thing is that aging and death is good for the fitness and
survival of the planet earth for life and not for the species, you don't need a scientist
to tell you that to believe it except if you really don't want to believe and listen.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
But you didn't make a logical valuable answer, you only copy and paste what others
had think and guessed, the thing is that aging and death is good for the fitness and
survival of the planet earth for life and not for the species, you don't need a scientist
to tell you that to believe it except if you really don't want to believe and listen.
I thought about writing up an explanation of r/K selection, but I concluded that doing so would be like every other attempt to explain science to creationists.....a waste of time. So I provided you with a reference that said pretty much what I was going to say anyways, and figured if you were really interested in the subject you'd use that as an intro and jumping off point to investigate it further.

Instead, you've done nothing but wave it away (likely without even reading it) and assert "God did it".........thereby confirming my reasons for not bothering to write it up in the first place.

You probably don't realize it (or care), but you creationists are outrageously predictable and homogeneous in your behaviors.

DavidFirth

I thought about writing up an explanation of r/K selection, but I concluded that doing so would be like every other attempt to explain science to creationists.....a waste of time. So I provided you with a reference that said pretty much what I was going to say anyways, and figured if you were really interested in the subject you'd use that as an intro and jumping off point to investigate it further.

Instead, you've done nothing but wave it away (likely without even reading it) and assert "God did it".........thereby confirming my reasons for not bothering to write it up in the first place.

You probably don't realize it (or care), but you creationists are outrageously predictable and homogeneous in your behaviors.

Whoever we present you with any link or resource whatsoever, you merely make some snide comment about it and wave it off.

Pot, meet kettle.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
What Creation Science sites have you visited in the last month?
Let's see.......Answers in Genesis, Creation.com, Institute for Creation Research, Evolution News and Views, Uncommon Descent.....those are the ones off the top of my head. So are you going to apologize and retract your accusation, or do you lack the moral sense to do so?

DavidFirth

Let's see.......Answers in Genesis, Creation.com, Institute for Creation Research, Evolution News and Views, Uncommon Descent.....those are the ones off the top of my head. So are you going to apologize and retract your accusation, or do you lack the moral sense to do so?

Well, I don't quite believe you. Can you link to where you responded to a post after viewing the site? It is possible I could have confused you for one of the hundred atheists on here.

DavidFirth

Then why'd you ask?

Nope. You made the accusation, it's up to you to back it up or retract it

I'm not searching through all of your posts. So I'm not retracting it. If I find you doing it in the future I will call you out on it, you may rest assured of that. Also, if I see where you have done as you say a few times I will apologize.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
I'm not searching through all of your posts. So I'm not retracting it. If I find you doing it in the future I will call you out on it, you may rest assured of that. Also, if I see where you have done as you say a few times I will apologize.
Just as I said......another baseless accusation from a Christian.

DavidFirth

We've already seen. You made an accusation that you couldn't back up.

And now you try and deflect to "they do it too!" Pathetic.

No deflection, merely delayed. And i will keep my word, either way.

You did make the statement in such a way that "they do it but we don't" was implied.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

Aging and how it evolved is a work of guessing, you can guess it as well, but
of course God is excluded from your mind, you only believe in the stones and
that no intelligence is needed to make a human brain, and still you say that you
respect science, this whole system of the universe was brought to existence
by the inanimate nature, no science , no plan, no design was needed.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Do you see some people aging at 30? and some others are still young at 70?
What does that have to do with what I wrote? All I'm saying is that people do not "age" at the same rate, and that's pretty much an observable fact.

On top of this, when I ask you a question you simply just avoid it, so why should I continue with this discussion?

So, I won't.