• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

D.C. Peaceful Protest Pics

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
I think some you of want too much to turn this into a Left vs. Right deal, but the fact is Trump is really unpopular on both sides.

I just hope the Reps. have the nads to stand up to Trump when he does something stupid, because babysitting Trump is now their job. They need to keep in mind, that they don't work for Trump, they work us, the citizens.

Notanumber

A Free Man
BBC ?, I will have to give them a try.

The BBC has been criticised for being biased. I watch it and listen to it because there are few adverts, but I take what it says with a pinch of salt. You only need to do an internet search on ‘bbc bias issues’ to see what I mean.

I find LBC to be more balanced, if you can stand the adverts.

Watchmen

Premium Member
"That's democracy in process."

Russian and FBI influence, and lost the popular vote by nearly 3 million: Yep, that sure sounds like Democracy. Go back to sleep sheep, nothing to see here, Democracy is safe.
The popular vote is meaningless, but a sheep like you wouldn't understand.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
The popular vote is meaningless, but a sheep like you wouldn't understand.

It means in a Democracy the President the people voted for didn't get elected.

Now maybe that may not mean much to you, but any politician that ignores that fact is stupid. I don't know what some of you think is going on here but simply because Trump is President the Democratic process does not stop. Midterm elections are just around the corner, and if Republicans don't pay attention to the concerns of the popular vote then the Democrats will take over Congress. Also if Reps. can't distinguishes themselves from Trump then his unpopularity will damage them.

Watchmen

Premium Member
It means in a Democracy the President the people voted for didn't get elected.

Now maybe that may not mean much to you, but any politician that ignores that fact is stupid. I don't know what some of you think is going on here but simply because Trump is President the Democratic process does not stop. Midterm elections are just around the corner, and if Republicans don't pay attention to the concerns of the popular vote then the Democrats will take over Congress. Also if Reps. can't distinguishes themselves from Trump then his unpopularity will damage them.
The popular vote is irrelevant because winning by popular vote was not the rules of the "game." It's like a baseball team losing then complaining that they had more hits than the winning team. If the president was elected by popular vote than the voting would have been different. Maybe Trump still would have won, maybe Hillary would have won. The point is we do not know. For example, if it was "win by popular vote," do you think Trump would have skipped areas like densely populated California? Of course not. Do you think Hillary would have spent more time in Texas. Sure. So, you see, we really don't know what the result would have been had the rules been "win by popular vote." In this way, the popular vote was and remains irrelevant.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Don't forget this assault:

AP-trump10-ml-170120_4x3_992.jpg
Holy hell....
Even the men are protecting their crotches....

McBell

The popular vote is meaningless, {edited out the attack}
I completely disagree.
Trump LOST the popular vote.
Meaning that most of the people who voted did not vote for Trump.
That fact has meaning.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I completely disagree.
That fact has meaning.
Agreed. It doesn't have the meaning that Trump should not be a legetimate president. No one is saying that. But it does hold meaning of importance when we look at the will of the people. "We the people" are important no matter who wins the Election.

Watchmen

Premium Member
I completely disagree.
That fact has meaning.
Sorry. You're wrong. Try rereading my post and point out any flaws. Good luck!

Watchmen

Premium Member
Agreed. It doesn't have the meaning that Trump should not be a legetimate president. No one is saying that. But it does hold meaning of importance when we look at the will of the people. "We the people" are important no matter who wins the Election.
Wrong. Reread my post and ask yourself this question: "Do I know who would have won had the rules called for winner by popular vote?"

McBell

Sorry. You're wrong. Try rereading my post and point out any flaws. Good luck!
I already pointed out a major flaw in your post.
Your reply is to simply dismiss it.
That is on you, not me.

Nice try though.

Watchmen

Premium Member
That is on you, not me.

Nice try though.
Incorrect. Trump lost the popular vote but that is meaningless per my original post. Obviously you can't rebut, but I encourage you to try. Again, the question is this: "Do I know who would have won the popular vote had the rules called for winner by popular vote?" What say you?!?!

McBell

Incorrect. Trump lost the popular vote but that is meaningless per my original post. Obviously you can't rebut, but I encourage you to try. Again, the question is this: "Do I know who would have won the popular vote had the rules called for winner by popular vote?" What say you?!?!
It is not meaningless.
We may disagree with what meaning it does have, but the fact remains you are just plain flat out wrong that Trump losing the popular is meaningless.

That you now try to move the goal posts indicates you understand that it is not meaningless and are attempting to present a situation where YOU deem it meaningless.

Like I said:
That is on you, not me.

Nice try though.​

Watchmen

Premium Member
It is not meaningless.
We may disagree with what meaning it does have, but the fact remains you are just plain flat out wrong that Trump losing the popular is meaningless.

That you now try to move the goal posts indicates you understand that it is not meaningless and are attempting to present a situation where YOU deem it meaningless.

Like I said:
That is on you, not me.

Nice try though.​
Wrong again. I'm out and about. Will respond later.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Wrong. Reread my post and ask yourself this question: "Do I know who would have won had the rules called for winner by popular vote?"
Wrong. Rereard my post and ask yourself this question: "Do I konw the results of the popular vote as is? Does it matter if they campaigned differently? Why does Donald Trump have the lowest approval rating ever in the history of any begining of office?"