• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Crusades:Your Opinion

Crusades:Your Opinion

• Absolutely Necessary

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Unnecessary

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Other

Votes: 14 38.9%

• Total voters

Aquitaine

Other: A fine example of just how disgusting and evil mankind can be. Rich men after fortune, poor men tempted with salvation, and they left a path of terror, rape, murder, and destruction from Europe to Asia. Every Jewish and pagan settlement they came across was just practice for when they finally got to the Levant.

^ This.

roger1440

I do stuff
Maybe...
But dont forget, Muslims had been conquering Christian territories from Spain to Syria for 4 centuries. From 1071, Muslim Turks were conquering Christian Byzantine Empire. I hardly hear anyone saying that it was Islamic Patriarchal Imperialism.
One has nothing to do with the other. An action is either right or wrong on it's own merits.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe...
But dont forget, Muslims had been conquering Christian territories from Spain to Syria for 4 centuries. From 1071, Muslim Turks were conquering Christian Byzantine Empire. I hardly hear anyone saying that it was Islamic Patriarchal Imperialism.

What's your opinion of the sack of Constantinople in 1204? Not sure it quite fits the narrative you're building here.

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
Maybe...

If the irony in this declaration weren't so thick, we might then avoid the ultimate futility of human conflict in warfare.

The ultimate futility in attempts to somehow *prove* that your "god" can beat up someones other "god" is the very defining element of impotence and stupidity.

Yet, the argument goes on, in ultimate futility and sustained ineffectiveness...

...and thousands die, pointlessly.