• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CRT Divisiveness, the culprit

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
You already have been provided examples including activist origins and those expressing how it's creating division and class using skin color and not content of character.

If you don't like it tough. Keep pretending you never had an answer like you always do.
So, all you can do is gesture at buzzwords and bad sounding things without producing any actual facts?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
So, all you can do is gesture at buzzwords and bad sounding things without producing any actual facts?
What by recognizing its an identity movement that is being pushed into schools?

The facts have been already provided.

Stay in denial all you like and pretend there was nothing provided.

At least others see it for what it is, so it's not a big concern that CRT is going anywhere but into the trash bin.

F1fan

Veteran Member
You already have been provided examples including activist origins and those expressing how it's creating division and class using skin color and not content of character.

If you don't like it tough. Keep pretending you never had an answer like you always do.
You cited an origin from the 70's, a time when black people were finding their own pride and power in a nation that has had, and still has, strong prejudicial attitudes against them.

What you didn't do was provide current examples that shows teaching CRT today is "radical activism" and propaganda.

My suspicion is that you simply picked up right wing rhetoric from a poor media source and repeated it without thinking.

My prediction is that you will find no actual examples of CRT being any sort of radical activism or propaganda. What you might think are these two things is just black people talking about the effects of long term racism in the USA. Conservatives seem more interested in ignoring this history, and current white supremacy problem in their ranks.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Provide facts that CRT is being pushed in to schools. This has been debunked as right wing paranoia and propaganda.

Here is a good article about what all the uproar is about:

What is critical race theory? Is it really taught in schools?

Here is another article that explains the educational relevancy of CRT:

EXPLAINED: The Truth About Critical Race Theory and How It Shows Up in Your Child’s Classroom

These two articles explain what CRT is, and what it aims to do. I can see why Republicans find this threatening.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I don't think you know what an "identity movement" is. As has been clearly proven in this thread, "CRT" is a fictional boogeyman, borrowing the name of an accepted academic theory that has been in Universities for nearly fifty years without incident in order to stir up fear among the gullible. Your fears about it are just lies.

The facts have been already provided.

Stay in denial all you like and pretend there was nothing provided.

At least others see it for what it is, so it's not a big concern that CRT is going anywhere but into the trash bin.
I see, you're against academic theory and are pro academic censorship?

pearl

Gaudium et Spes” encourages Catholics to engage the human and social sciences as they strive to promote human dignity and justice in society (No. 54). This engagement rejects an approach in which Catholics would appeal solely and simplistically to scriptural injunctions, such as “love thy neighbor as thyself,” as an adequate response to racism. A truly Catholic inquiry into racism—its history, its impacts and methods to oppose it—requires that we rigorously interrogate schools of thought, such as critical race theory and appeals to our common humanity, evaluate their claims in light of the Gospel and C.S.T. and teach our students to do the same.
By the standards of John Paul II and Francis, we can identify examples of structural or systemic racism throughout society at large as well as in Catholic Jesuit education. Some of the most extreme examples can be found in the criminal justice system, housing, economics and health care. We see systemic racism in higher rates of incarceration, longer sentences and capital penalties for equal crimes for Blacks as compared to their white counterparts. The impact of historic redlining and unjust real estate practices throughout urban neighborhoods has led to lower levels of generational wealth for Blacks as opposed to whites. Covid-19 mortality rates reveal disproportionate victims among Black people and unequal access to health care.

It can guide school leaders to resist overly zealous efforts to expunge from syllabi novels such as To Kill A Mockingbird because they use offensive language, rather than understanding the higher value of the universal theme and moral lesson that this literature teaches. Such efforts to remove or censor this literature ignore and even insult the capacity of students to recognize the good, the true and the beautiful in cultures, identities and social backgrounds different from their own.

Should Catholic Schools Teach Critical Race Theory? | America Magazine

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Americans didn't have a problem with the WASP identity movement that has been pushed into their schools since the late 18th century, why should it be an issue if a different identity movement were to challenging that monopoly position?

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
In addition to my earlier post in this thread, this seems relevant to the subject....

Republican Triggered By Uppity Blacks In TV Commercial. (dailykos.com)

I’d like for you to meet Lisa Leisy, of Idaho. As you can see from her now locked Twitter account bio she is a self identifying patriot and God fearing Christian. She is also the Power County Campaign Chair for Janice McGeachin’s campaign for Governor. McGeachin is running on a campaign asserting that the current Republican Governor of Idaho is just not Trumpy enough.

Having met Leisy I’d like for you to watch a brief, 15 second, Hershey’s chocolate commercial that originally aired in 2020 but is also going around this year...

Do you see anything wrong with that commercial? Alas, Republican Lisa Leisy does...

ScreenShot2021-12-05at8.36.10AM.png

Wow. Do you think the Republican's campaign will expel her for her racism? I know which way I'm betting.