• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Critic on Islam

IsmailaGodHasHeard

I disagree with Islam because Muslims do not believe in the Triune nature of God, meaning that they do not believe that the one God is existant in three Persons.

Last edited:

no-body

Fundamentalism, the hadiths, sharia law and declaring Mohammed the final prophet are all a huge turn off. I am a bleeding heart liberal so find myself unable to reconcile with Islams civil and human rights.

The mystical parts of Islam however I find infinitely interesting. I have learned much from Sufi Masters about the nature of God and reality and if I had to throw myself into a religion that would probably be it.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Hello everyone :). I want to hear your critic on Islam. I just want to know what's the image on your mind about it. What ever you thinking of you can write. But always remember to use good word :yes:. For muslim, I hope you will not be offended since I myself is a muslim. This is only for discussion.
Ok, I have read each post in this thread, so I am a bit more prepared than your Opening Post seems to ask for. The first thing you must understand is that I have issues with ALL religions, but in particular, I have reservations with religions that rely on revelation as their source.

Like with other religions, such as Christianity, I am very concerned about a theology that has developed what would seem to be an unhealthy fixation on an alleged afterlife. In Christianity, that fixation is bad enough, but in Islam the fixation is often bizarre and lacking in all humanity, giving rise to sentiment like, "we love death more than you love life". Now, I am not suggesting that every Muslims is a walking time-bomb, but I can't help but wonder how this fixation distracts them from their ability to function as contributing members of society. The idea being that if they were to focus that considerable energy on making a better world, during their lifetime, perhaps the desire for Paradise would not seem so tempting.

Likewise I have grave reservations about the concept of predestination in Islam. One of the most oft repeated comments among Muslims is Insha'allah (God willing). Personally, I am somewhat revolted by the psychological effects of this kind of thought, as if one has a lifetime of success they may easily delude themselves into think they are doing the will of god. I find the ramifications of that to be troubling.

Well, that is a start. Answers those and we'll see where this leads.

Last edited:

arcanum

Well Muhammad must have been a pretty charismatic and intelligent personage, for he ignited something in the arab world and beyond that is pretty much unparalleled. There are many aspects of Islam that I appreciate, especially in it's golden age with it's appreciation for learning and wisdom. But like many in history who have born the mantle of Christianity there are shameful currents which weigh down the great aspects of it with human ignorance, common to all religions.

AhmadSyahir

It seems that myself and the other members have simply misunderstood your post. when you say 'Critic of Islam' we've got a different idea.
I think that by now many of us have seen plenty of debates about the Qur'an, enough to be careful not to hurry up and jump into one.
My post was not criticizing the Qur'an, it was criticizing the way many Muslims present the Qur'an in debates, and as a result give a hard time in discussing it.
an example for this is, that I think it's safe to say that all non Muslim members on this website do not consider the Qur'an to be related to science in debates. while many Muslim members through the years have joined the website with that specific goal.
many non Muslim members consider this a problem, because it does not give an objective platform for debate.
When you provide paragraphs which may indicate 'the Qur'an is from God', or 'the Bible is from God'. that moment the debate has ended.

Well, I don't specifies this post to critics the muslim but this is a post to critics Islam in general (Title: Critic on Islam). My goal is to hear other people
opinion on my religion. Like most people said, we come here to learn.

Many people that in a certain faith will hold on to their Holy Book because it is the main source of religious faith. Why can't we provide a verse from our Scripture to share with other member. We're indeed in a religion forum and we're not here to fight but to post and reply. In this process, we will learn about other people's culture.

I figure out that many non-religion person will get offended with the example given from Holy Book of different faith. Nobody asking them to believe that 'this is the word of god'. Non-religious backing up science and religious man will be with his faith.

AhmadSyahir

Fundamentalism, the hadiths, sharia law and declaring Mohammed the final prophet are all a huge turn off. I am a bleeding heart liberal so find myself unable to reconcile with Islams civil and human rights.

The mystical parts of Islam however I find infinitely interesting. I have learned much from Sufi Masters about the nature of God and reality and if I had to throw myself into a religion that would probably be it.

Their is no separation in religion. You can't choose to believe some and drop the other.

uttam

i think muhammad is not allah. he is prophet or messenger of allah. can you tell me how allah does look like ? if allah can spell words ( quran) he should have face. how you put a limit to almighty allah that he can not have a shape to spell some thing. is allah a big zero ? if there is a name allah then how is he who bears the name ? you say allah has created this universe, allah is almighty then why allah can not take a shape of his own ? who stop him . is it not more imaginery than hindu's idol. where will any one find out allah. you say islam is scientific than any other religeon. is it scientific to believe that after death farista or allah will come to the dead body to weigh his/her good work or bad work. if according to islam soul also go with the body into kabar then what happen in the case of animal soul ? do animal possess any soul ? how their deeds are judged in islam ? is it scientific to believe that in the moon there sounds ajan ? please reply my queries .

AhmadSyahir

Ok, I have read each post in this thread, so I am a bit more prepared than your Opening Post seems to ask for. The first thing you must understand is that I have issues with ALL religions, but in particular, I have reservations with religions that rely on revelation as their source.

Like with other religions, such as Christianity, I am very concerned about a theology that has developed what would seem to be an unhealthy fixation on an alleged afterlife. In Christianity, that fixation is bad enough, but in Islam the fixation is often bizarre and lacking in all humanity, giving rise to sentiment like, "we love death more than you love life". Now, I am not suggesting that every Muslims is a walking time-bomb, but I can't help but wonder how this fixation distracts them from their ability to function as contributing members of society. The idea being that if they were to focus that considerable energy on making a better world, during their lifetime, perhaps the desire for Paradise would not seem so tempting.

Likewise I have grave reservations about the concept of predestination in Islam. One of the most oft repeated comments among Muslims is Insha'allah (God willing). Personally, I am somewhat revolted by the psychological effects of this kind of thought, as if one has a lifetime of success they may easily delude themselves into think they are doing the will of god. I find the ramifications of that to be troubling.

Well, that is a start. Answers those and we'll see where this leads.

Good one. Well, for me there's nothing weird about fixation in my religion. Our life is temporary. In Islam, there will be another life after this life and that life is eternal.
Muslim view: We should work hard in this life by working to feed our family in the morning but not forgetting that this life is temporary and we should do what was told by Allah and praying and worshipping him at night.

People now love their temporary life too much. They seek wealth, woman, throne and the pleasure of this life but they forget that all of this won't help them in their afterlife. The only thing that will help them is: prayer from their obedient son, alms and good knowledge that they thought to other in their life. All of this mean that their deed is the only assets.

But not to be forgot that our responsibilities is not only to Allah. Allah has assingned us to carry out our responsibilities to community, other people and our family. In Islam, if we commit wrong doing to human, we should ask the person to forgive us. The sin between human and the sin between us and Allah is different.

Predestination. The concept is your life is destined. But not everything. You're borned in a poor family. You don't ask but you are. Your birth date is set. If you go to a man and slap him in the public by telling him you're destined to slap him, he will be sure to hit you back. Insha' allah is used when you say about something that's not certain. Example: Will you come to my wedding this sunday? the answer will be: Insya'allah I will. We just plan but we don't know if anything will go wrong. In Islam, we plan, we pray and it will be Allah that decide it. If it's not granted, it will be a test for us.

AhmadSyahir

i think muhammad is not allah. he is prophet or messenger of allah. can you tell me how allah does look like ? if allah can spell words ( quran) he should have face. how you put a limit to almighty allah that he can not have a shape to spell some thing. is allah a big zero ? if there is a name allah then how is he who bears the name ? you say allah has created this universe, allah is almighty then why allah can not take a shape of his own ? who stop him . is it not more imaginery than hindu's idol. where will any one find out allah. you say islam is scientific than any other religeon. is it scientific to believe that after death farista or allah will come to the dead body to weigh his/her good work or bad work. if according to islam soul also go with the body into kabar then what happen in the case of animal soul ? do animal possess any soul ? how their deeds are judged in islam ? is it scientific to believe that in the moon there sounds ajan ? please reply my queries .

Hi there. This is a critic thread not a fight ring. Better check your spelling before posting.

Who says that Muhammad is Allah. You're informed from a wrong source.
Muslim view:
Allah has form. But nobody had ever witness it. Well,you can find His word in Al-Quran if you looking for Allah. Animal do possess soul and they we're not judged since they have no mind like us to think. If you asking me if the Adzan can be hear at the moon, I suggest you find a rocket and do so.

Some say that Niel Armstrong heard the Adzan in the space.
"When Neil Armstrong and co. walked on the moon, they heard sounds in a strange language they did not understand. ‘When Neil Armstrong went to Egypt, he heard the adhan, and said, “it was spacey something similar I heard while I was on the moon". Egyptian Friend told him that, it was the sound of Azaan (call for Muslim prayer). And Neil Armstrong immediately became Muslim because of this experience.'"

uttam

my dear i am not fighting here. i am just critical of islam . you replied very well but dont forget animal feels ,they have a mind not just as intelligent as ours but they cry they can express their feeling to human being .

AhmadSyahir

my dear i am not fighting here. i am just critical of islam . you replied very well but dont forget animal feels ,they have a mind not just as intelligent as ours but they cry they can express their feeling to human being .

You did a good job by replying but you forgot to put quotes and that make me have no idea why do you post such thing.

Did I ever suggest you that they have no feelings?? Verily, I don't. I even have 2 male cats in my house. When they in pain, they will cry.

Animal has brain but it has no mind. It's not judged because animal have no control over their reaction. Surely you can't blame a cat to steal your fish.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Animal has brain but it has no mind. It's not judged because animal have no control over their reaction. Surely you can't blame a cat to steal your fish.
Rubbish. Anyone who has animals quickly understands that animals have some kind of reasoning capacity. Yes, it is very different from our own, but it is laughable to say that they have "no mind". Have you, for example, ever befriended a "wild" animal? If you have you would quickly understand that they have a great deal of control over their actions. Simple observation over a few months would show this to even the thickest dullard human. Humans are so incredibly arrogant.

Last edited:

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
My primary problem with Islam is that it's one of a group of religions that inhibit rational thought and the honest pursuit of truth. However, this isn't as big of a problem as it seems on the surface, as most people have little to no interest in those things anyway.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Hello everyone :). I want to hear your critic on Islam. I just want to know what's the image on your mind about it. What ever you thinking of you can write. But always remember to use good word :yes:. For muslim, I hope you will not be offended since I myself is a muslim. This is only for discussion.

The Qur'an and ahadith are quite interesting,the hadith are more interesting for a non believer such as i though but i see them as a problem and cannot see the benefit of combining them with the Qur'an,after all,the message in the Qur'an is supposedly clear,except of course the allegorical verses.

Islam at its height could be described as magnificient but Islam today which has a reported following of around 1.6 billion people ,it seems many do not seem to be reading from the same page and do not appear to understand Islam in the same way,i think the problem lies in the differences of Immams and so called experts and alleged contradictions in the Qur'an itself.

I would be interested in seeing a Salafi follower of early Islam and a Khalaf or latter day Muslim and a Shi'ite Muslim in a discussion or debate about Islam and what their interpretation of what the message of Islam is.

ohhcuppycakee

When I see a Muslim or think of Islam, I feel a mixture of curiosity and disappointment. I would love to have some close Muslim friends just like I have close friends from so many other backgrounds. But Muslims seem to keep to themselves and their body language indicates that do not want to be approached. At least, that has been my experience in my country so far. I wish, again, that Muslims were not so exclusive.

I think this must be something within your culture. Here in the United States, I see Muslims mingling with other groups all the time. It's impossible not to at least mix a little bit here, really. The recent immigrants though are less likely to approach someone who isn't from their culture because of language difficulties though. Many stick to their cultures, regardless of religion (i.e. Arabic-speaking Muslims hanging out with Coptic Christians.)

Here in the U.S., I think white (what I mean is like white people that have been here a long time, if it makes sense.) Americans especially for some reason can be apprehensive towards talking to Muslim. I wear hijab, and rarely they talk to me. Minorities and immigrants of any kind tend to be more comfortable with it, possibly. I've noticed this a lot because I can compare pre-hijab and pre-Islam to after it.

Last edited: