• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creationist Challenge - Build the Ark

Gunfingers

Happiness Incarnate
who siad anything about limiting it to biological evolution?

my challenge was very clear, create a new universe collide a positron and neutron or what ever like the scientists are trying to do in europe and make life exist in it. i am not setting out any rules you speead up the proces or what ever to see the changes surely you can do that, i mean our universe didn't have an intelligent human to watch over it. so it took time you should not have a problem in doing this right? right?
I want you to understand what you're asking for.

First, you're asking him to take all the matter in the universe and compress it into a space to small for you to see. Then you're asking that he make it expand, despite the fact that he can't be outside of it because this expansion creates the expansion of space. That is to say, there is no space outside of the space occupied by this expanding matter.
Now the laws of the universe as we know them were established at the Big Bang, so at that point we have to hope that the laws in the new universe that you're expecting johnhanks to make come out similar enough to our own to allow recognizable life. It's entirely possible that the new universe won't have time, or the strong nuclear force will be weaker than the force of electromagnetism resulting in no atom's nucleus being able to stay together. Or whatever.
Assuming we get a universe with approximately the same physical laws as our own, we now have to wait for the forces of gravity to bring Helium together in large quantities to form stars. The mass of these stars will attract them to each other forming galaxies. This took about a few hundred million years in our universe.
It took some 10 billion years for our sun to make an appearance, and some six billion from there before leftover matter from it's formation formed our planet. After the planet formed it was about a billion years before amino acids began forming from naturally occurring organic compounds, which, by the way, has been simulated in a lab, and three billion years after that you found a thread about the ark and made a post illustrating how truly little you understand about the universe.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie

my challenge was very clear, create a new universe collide a positron and neutron or what ever like the scientists are trying to do in europe and make life exist in it. i am not setting out any rules you speead up the proces or what ever to see the changes surely you can do that, i mean our universe didn't have an intelligent human to watch over it. so it took time you should not have a problem in doing this right? right?
Someday it may become possible to create a singularity that could, theoretically, expand into an entirely new and separate universe. However, once formed, there is no way to guide, or even observe, the "evolution" of the new universe.
Much like our own universe, what is outside the singularity cannot influence what occurs inside the singularity.
What you suggest would be imposable, unless we were able to magically gain some supernatural powers that allowed us to defy physics and reach into an alternate universe and supersede the natural cycle and bend it to our own will.......
Oh. Wait. That is what you think your god can do.
No wonder you have no understanding of the natural universe.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
my appologies for coming in late into the discussion but i too have a challenge back.

i challenge all evolutionists to make a magical poof in the sky resulting in a new universe with new planets and life also. if you can do this then i will not call myself a creationist anymore.

Actually, that would be your position--science doesn't rely on magic.

eselam: The fact is, you can't dispute evolution without learning what it is. Posts like this only serve to demonstrate that you haven't bothered learning what evolution is. If you ever decide to find that out, let me know and we'll talk.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

Here's my challenge: Have God do this. Until you show me God creating a new universe, you have no argument for His existence.

Dumb challenge, isn't it?

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
And all this is moot considering the thread is about building an ark and not about the universe. Do you see how easy it was for a creationist to take you off course? It's a predictable pattern for them.

Although a (wooden) ark can and have been built by some (maybe not to full scale) they (the replicas) can not float. One such famous one I showed a few pages ago was being carried around by a barge and a tug boat. If a wooden replica half the size and empty can't float then there's really no possibility that the supposed Noah's boat was able to float.

The sea tubulance, considering the type of storm the bible is talking about, along with the massive amount of debris in the water would have destroyed that ship.

Baydwin

Dirty Penguin said:
And all this is moot considering the thread is about building an ark and not about the universe. Do you see how easy it was for a creationist to take you off course?
Thanks, I was going to say something similar.

Where do you suppose that the waters during the cretaceous age, when the sea levels were 80 feet higher than they are today, have gone to?
Polar ice caps.

Baydwin

there must be more, im sure even with every glacier, ice cap, etc melting completely we would not see 80+ foot higher sea levels. or is this figure dependant on differences in the land formations/ relative heights?
I don't think you realise how much water there is stored in the ice caps, if it were all to melt sea levels would rise about 80 metres. Also, back in the cretaceous the topography of the oceans was different than today, they were far shallower. Plus, the waters were warmer back then, and warmer water takes up more space than cold due to expansion. Added together that is why the cretaceous had higher sea levels.

There is actually more water on the planet today than there was in the cretaceous, small comets bring a tiny amount of new fresh water to the Earth each year.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
The Atlantic Ocean was less than half it's current size in the Cretaceous. The Rocky Mountains were just starting to uplift much of North America, between the two you ended up with a shallow inland sea, that drained away.

Regardless... Seven of every "clean" animal and two of every "unclean" makes for a very crowded (not to mention stinky and unhygienic) wooden box.

wa:do

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Come on. Let's get to work boys and build the Ark.

Welcome to RF.....

Well, one has been built that is ruffly 2/3rds the size of the supposed Noah Ark but....I have seen no reports or heard about it being able to float by itself. underneath it is a barge platform. I saw a picture some time ago it being pulled by a tug boat. I'd like to see it "float" by itself for ONE WEEK...!!!!!! Just ONE WEEK..... (in turbulent waters)....I'll bet money it won't last and will sink like a rock...

Here ya go.....Check this out...

Remarkable Noah’s Ark Replicas*|*INSPIKS

Last edited:

nonbeliever_92

I've made a mini ark, it fits two of each and every animal from my neighborhood. I had to cut down all the woodlands by my house becuase the lumberyard couldn't supply me with enough timber. But I've been told to either destroy or have it moved. It's taking up two blocks. Boy am I pooped.

tarasan

I'd like to issue a challenge to all Creationists. If you can build an ark to the specifications in the Bible and fill it with two of every "kind" of animal by your own hands (remember Noah had no one to help him), set it afloat with you and your family on board and keep all the animals alive for 40 days, I will convert to Creationism.

If there are other evolution accepting people willing to pledge their conversion to Creationism on completion of this challenge, please post below.

Im not a creationist..... but surely you know that everyone is far too lazy to do that... I mean come on.. we just sat down to our soaps and here you are asking us to build a gaint boat...

:beach:

am i trolling.....I could be... its beena tiring day

look3467

Premium Member
Except God build the ark the world would not fit in it!

There is message in that sentence.

look3467

Premium Member
certainly not a grammatically correct one...

OK, then this: Psa 127:1 <A Song of degrees for Solomon.> Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.

The ark is representative of a Savior who is carried by the waters (People) who represents a new creation.

Blessings, AJ

johnhanks

The ark is representative of a Savior who is carried by the waters (People) who represents a new creation.
Fine. Now, just how, apart from your own personal preconceptions, does the word 'waters' mutate to become 'people'? Detailed linguistic analysis, please.

Baydwin

It really isn't though. Versions of the flood story are found in several cultures of the middle east, it seems to be a common folk tale derived from a physical event in the history of the region.

look3467

Premium Member
Rev 17:15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

Words, dreams,visions, numbers and objects are used other than what the literal definitions mean.
Such as waters, mountains, trees, grapes, wine press etc.

A study of the bible is necessary along with the help of Holy Spirit is necessary to reap the benefits of understanding.

Blessings, AJ

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Rev 17:15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
The waters "where the whore sitteth"? How does the whore figure into the Flood myth?

AFAICT, the only thing in the flood story that sat on the waters was the Ark itself. Is the Ark the whore?