• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creationist Challenge - Build the Ark

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
The biblical god (OT especially) is not a perfect being... The whole creation was a botched experiment that needed to be reset, and the response to it was overblown. (which is why God apologized and promised not to do it again.)

IMHO, the story is more about the maturing of the deity, than the event itself.

wa:do

S-word

The biblical god (OT especially) is not a perfect being... The whole creation was a botched experiment that needed to be reset, and the response to it was overblown. (which is why God apologized and promised not to do it again.)

IMHO, the story is more about the maturing of the deity, than the event itself.

Are we talking about the same God, of who it is said that he is calling all creation back to himself, and has promised to create for us a new heavens and a new earth?

The great gatherer who gathered the quantum of the liquid like electromagnetic energy that was spewed out with the Big Bang, thereby creating subatomic particles from which he created atoms, which he made into molecules by gathering the atoms together, and by gathering the myriad of molecules together he created the galaxies, which he is gathering into clusters which will eventually roll up and burn and fall as fire into the great gravitional holes left by other dying worlds. From which material that will be spewed out of the worm hole again as liquid like electromagnetic energy in another position in space-time in the billions of degees and expand outward till it has cooled down, then from the quantum of that electromagnetic energy, he will create for us a new heavens and a new earth, from which we may one day see the light from our old position in space time eventually catch up to us. I don't know, I aint no rocket scientist, just trying to corralate all the information from which I, the mind/spirit am being formed.

Last edited:

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
The same god that said in essence: "Woops my bad.. here have a rainbow to remind everyone that I won't do THAT again!"

why would he have to make a new heaven and earth? Unless he realized that the messed this one up?

S-word

The same god that said in essence: "Woops my bad.. here have a rainbow to remind everyone that I won't do THAT again!"

Ahh! I see that you are referring to the height of the evolvimg godhead on earth in the time of the previous world, who at that time was named "Hide Thyself."

From the Book of Enoch the prophet, 10: 1; "Then said the Most High, the Holy and Great One spake, and sent Uriel to the son of Lamech, and said to him: 2,< Go to Noah and> tell him in my name "Hide Thyself!", and reveal to him the end that is approaching: that the whole earth will be destroyed, and a deluge is about to come upon the whole earth, and will destroy all that is on it etc."

quote=painted wolf; why would he have to make a new heaven and earth? Unless he realized that the messed this one up?

"Hide Thyself," had Nothing to do with the evolving singularity other than the fact that he was the Most High of the evolving intellect on earth at that point in time within the evolving singularity. Here you are talking about the Singularity who is one, and who is all. He can't help it , He is all that has evolved from the singularity of origin, or rather he is the singularity of origin evolved. He is the eternal mind in which we exist, and no mind can cease to grow/evolve, unless it ceases to exist and the eternal immortal mind cannot die. Of course He does have periods of rest, which are equal to His periods of activity, which to us seem like an eternity, but to Him are as one day.

Last edited:

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
From the Book of Enoch the prophet, 10: 1; "Then said the Most High, the Holy and Great One spake, and sent Uriel to the son of Lamech, and said to him: 2,< Go to Noah and> tell him in my name "Hide Thyself!", and reveal to him the end that is approaching: that the whole earth will be destroyed, and a deluge is about to come upon the whole earth, and will destroy all that is on it etc."
You realize that god is telling Uriel to tell Noah, that Uriel is speaking on for god and that Noah needs to to hide himself from the sinful and prepare for the flood.... not that his name is "Hide Thyself".

look3467

Premium Member
Lets see, we have water, rain, and ark made of wood, clean and unclean animals, the number of people as representing the number 8, a mountain where the ark rested, the destruction by water all of humanity save the 8, the specific number representing the sixth day, the number of days afloat and many other details.

If I was to tell you a story using all those details, what would be the message in the story?

First and foremost is a saving vehicle to save mankind from a corrupted state.

The ark, is such a vehicle, is Jesus, afloat on the waters(Peoples) supporting the ark (Jewish nation).
Jesus, representative of the number 8, as in a new beginning, as the ark, holding within itself both clean and unclean animals, both male and female, is God saving Mankind as a whole and not just a particular waters. (Peoples)

Jesus' day is the sixth day of which the ark (Jesus) is lifted up and carried on the shoulders of the soldiers (Waters)coming to arrest Jesus, judged (corrupted people) and rested on the mountain (Golgotha: high priests) on a stake of WOOD (Cross).

The destruction of all the people including the eight (Jewish nation, the clean animals) the unclean animals (All the rest of the people) is Gods consuming fire (The love of Gods grace resting on all mankind, saving it from destruction.

That is the story leading to the Jesus as the central point of the whole of humanity created, saved by God and none other.

Now, for what ever its worth, to many of you, this story of Noah, Jonah and the whale and many other such stories are but a joke if the message is not extrapolated by having faith in God.

By the way, believe it or not, see the message or not, you are included in the consummation of the whole in the ark Jesus, there by, your soul is accounted for.

Whether we accept it or not is the freedom given to us at a great price, to life from a dead sate either now or at our departure from this world.

A matter of choice when.

Blessings, AJ

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
You offer an opportunity to do something I've wanted to see for a long time.

It appears you see the Noah flood story as an allegory. I would love to see you discuss/debate this with some of the more conservative Christian members here who believe it is a literal account of an actual event.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
You offer an opportunity to do something I've wanted to see for a long time.

It appears you see the Noah flood story as an allegory. I would love to see you discuss/debate this with some of the more conservative Christian members here who believe it is a literal account of an actual event.

Right...and I fail to see how it could be an allegory when it seems as though every story is a precursor for the next one. Adam and Eve and the genealogy leads right up into the story of Noah...so on and so on. Even NT writers connect the biblical Yeshua right back into the OT through genealogy...:sad:....

look3467

Premium Member
It may or it may not be real, yet the message of the story is there, just as is the story of Joana and the whale.
I choose to believe the message rather than the story, though I am not rejecting it as unreal.

The whole bible though written some parts before and the other parts after Jesus came, contains the message of a God that reveals Himself as the creator, manager and savior of all mankind.

The creation is told so as a child can understand, the management part is Gods dealings with the nature of mankind, and finally, Gods love for His own creation as given in the person of Jesus.

Yes, there are many questionable practices detailed in the Old Testament as to the character of God in His dealings with mankind, which to a skeptic questions the love of God.

We have to understand the potential of human nature when given the freedom to choose between two extremes. Good and evil.

When mankind indulges in the lusts of the world to a degree that endangers self and others, then God will in many cases intervene in the affairs of mankind.

The whole object lesson of needing a Savior God, is our inability to save ourselves, save God.

Building an ark that would house the whole message is understood only if the message is seen by reason of faith in God.

I always had faith in God, but not always understood, only in part as God slowly revealed/reveals His message.

Blessings, AJ

S-word

You realize that god is telling Uriel to tell Noah, that Uriel is speaking on for god and that Noah needs to to hide himself from the sinful and prepare for the flood.... not that his name is "Hide Thyself".

Nope, I believe that "Hide Thyself!" was tha name of God at that time. But if, as you seem to believe, that God, through the angel Uriel told Noah to hide himself, he was disobedient to that command. While everyone else was whooping it up, Noah and his sons were out there gathering timber and all the necessities for the construction of the ark, unless of course you believe that Noah first built a massive shed where he hid away and built the ark in secret.

But I have no intention of arguing this point with you, for although I believe that the god of the old earth was Cain the shining one, who said to the heavenly God "Jahel," anyone who finds me will kill me etc, and the Lord set a mark on Cain, lest any finding him, should kill him, but the concept has not fully formed as yet.

Last edited:

S-word

S-word and Snowber,
This challenge is aimed at Biblical Literalists, those who's dogmatic belief in a seven day creation and a worldwide flood is central to their theology.
(There are those who have stated unequivocally that if these stories are not to be taken as literal truths, then they must discard the entire Biblical scripture.)

I believe that this is the seventh generation of the universe and that this universe was created in six universal cycles that the bible describes as days. I am one who believes that this universe and all therein was created through the process of the evolving intelligence of the creator, and that each creation is a reflection of the hights to which the intellect had evolved at the time of that particular creation. I beleive that the animating principle that was the singularity in the beginning, has evolved to become the mind that is the cosmic cloud of invisible wave particles that we perceive as the universe, which are not particles at all, having zero mass, and no electric charge and yet carries angular and linear momentum.

I believe that it was through the singularity of origin which is the animating principle that pervades all that exists and is in fact all that exists, and that it was by the animating principle that all things that exist were made, and I believe that it is for the Logos/animating principle/ universal life force, that all things exist. For He, the great evolved intellect is one, and we all exist in him, the mind that is God. And you have as much hope of getting me to discard the words that were written by the scribes of the author of the bible, as you have of building a house of timber in the centre of the sun.

Last edited:

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
It may or it may not be real, yet the message of the story is there, just as is the story of Joana and the whale.
I choose to believe the message rather than the story, though I am not rejecting it as unreal.

The whole bible though written some parts before and the other parts after Jesus came, contains the message of a God that reveals Himself as the creator, manager and savior of all mankind.

The creation is told so as a child can understand, the management part is Gods dealings with the nature of mankind, and finally, Gods love for His own creation as given in the person of Jesus.

Yes, there are many questionable practices detailed in the Old Testament as to the character of God in His dealings with mankind, which to a skeptic questions the love of God.

We have to understand the potential of human nature when given the freedom to choose between two extremes. Good and evil.

When mankind indulges in the lusts of the world to a degree that endangers self and others, then God will in many cases intervene in the affairs of mankind.

The whole object lesson of needing a Savior God, is our inability to save ourselves, save God.

Building an ark that would house the whole message is understood only if the message is seen by reason of faith in God.

I always had faith in God, but not always understood, only in part as God slowly revealed/reveals His message.

Blessings, AJ

Sure, but you've missed my point. You should start a thread on this in order to discuss your views on the Biblical flood story with our more conservative/literal members. I for one would love to follow it.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

Blessings, AJ

Is this supposed to relate to the thread?

look3467

Premium Member
Well.......the topic is "build the ark", therefore, I am building the ark, but not of wood, but as a message that includes all the ingredients and conditions of the ark as a vessel built to house the salvation of mankind.

Other than that, there is no challenge because there's no way to house all the animals in the world as described in the story, for the inclusion is meant that nothing was left out of the saving.

Blessings, AJ