• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creating your own personal God and religion

interminable

منتظر
The only reason you are calling them liars is because they contradict your religion. But your religion contradicts my religions, so does that make your religion a lie too?

Why do they need to prepare a miracle in order to be a new religion?
How can we prove they don't lie???

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
To not trust a liar and worship untrue god
I don't think I will ever find such an approach towards religion anything but strange.

Religion is supposed to be more than a glorified bet on the truth of some specific understanding of deity.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
But you can create your own personal God and your own personal religion that is suited for your personality and your lifestyle. Has anyone done so?

Many, many people have done so. IMHO, everyone has a personal religion in that the religion one practices is a reflection of personal life experiences and idiosyncrasies Some people are just more mindful about this process than others (and some religions encourage it more than others). As someone who is very mindful about this and considers it routine to build-your-own, what else are you curious about?
Bear in mind that my religion doesn't accept the idea of an afterlife, though.

interminable

منتظر
I don't think I will ever find such an approach towards religion anything but strange.

Religion is supposed to be more than a glorified bet on the truth of some specific understanding of deity.
Be realistic
It's the only way we can trust
Do u have any better idea?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Look
Shia and sunny both believe in muhammad pbuh but Bahaie and ahmadiah don't.
What do you mean by that? From my talks with both they sure seem to hold Muhammad in very high regard.

That's why they were apostates in our views.
Because they at least at first glance acknowledge later prophets after Muhammad, is that what you mean?

And wahabi is a kind of interpretation of the Qur'an and traditions so they believe in muhammad pbuh but have some extremely opinions so we call them extremists
Fair enough.

interminable

منتظر
What do you mean by that? From my talks with both they sure seem to hold Muhammad in very high regard.

Because they at least at first glance acknowledge later prophets after Muhammad, is that what you mean?

Fair enough.
Bahaie and Babi were born in Iran so I'm familiar with their story

Bab first claimed I'm a deputy of promised savior then said I'm promised himself then said I'm prophet
That's why was assassinated and Bahaie is originated from this sect

So how can we prove he is right in his claims??????

Two weeks ago I was in Iraq
They told us not to approach a specific place
Why?
Because there is a person here claiming I'm promised and there are some armed people there

Even I was in one of our mosque one person got up and said I'm promised savior

Just god knows how many people claimed that
But they have to prove it

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Bahaie and Babi were born in Iran so I'm familiar with their story

Bab first claimed I'm a deputy of promised savior then said I'm promised himself then said I'm prophet
That's why was assassinated and Bahaie is originated from this sect

So how can we prove he is right in his claims??????
I considered becoming a Bahai for a while back in the 1990s or so. I met some of the community in the place I used to live at the time.

Ultimately, I decided that they were much too theistic for me to fit in with them.

I just don't seek religious claims that one might feel much of a need to "prove right". It is instead ours to decide what we believe in and what it means to us, on an individual basis.

There will be a lot of variety and disagreement, and that is all right. Religious beliefs and values are a very personal matter, after all.

Two weeks ago I was in Iraq
They told us not to approach a specific place
Why?
Because there is a person here claiming I'm promised and there are some armed people there

Even I was in one of our mosque one person got up and said I'm promised savior

Just god knows how many people claimed that
But they have to prove it
It is certainly true that many people claim to be in some sense favored or promised by God.

We do not have to pay those claims much mind, and I don't think we have much of a reason to anyway.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
It won't work
It works already. And has worked for literal millennia.

There are many pious people that in some specific situation forgot their religion and even raped.
I guess you do not understand religion to be very similar to my own concept.
Being infallible is necessary for prophet of God
I don't think prophets are necessary at all. Or God, for that matter.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Many people don't like the types of dogmatic religions and condemning Gods out there. The Gods demand that you worship them or be punished and tormented in hell. These gods restrict certain acts as sinful and demand that you live how they see fit.

But you can create your own personal God and your own personal religion that is suited for your personality and your lifestyle. Has anyone done so? What name would you give your personal religion and what name would you give your personal god? Furthermore, what would your own personal heaven or hell be like?

Do you think that this should be the new religion as opposed to those other awful and condemning religions out there in the world that cause harm to self and others? Sure, you could just create your own personal philosophy rather than a religion, but many people are interested in a God and an afterlife. That's how all religions work anyway. They make something up, pass it along, and many people believe in it.

I don't know how to create a god, actually? How do you do that? Imaginary friend?

I don't have a set religion; so, I guess you can say I created it. Sounds weird, though. Mostly I find ways to better myself. I speak well through arts-drawing, writing, and dance and so forth so that's part of how I change my life for the better (being born again?). I try and keep in touch with family. Everyone seems to be on Facebook. I light a candle for my grandparents and ancestors. General things like said prayers you can create yourself. Be free and experiment with what makes your soul sing.

It's personal preference to call it a name. I find when I do, it limits me. So, I just live life and if it looks religious in nature (lighting candles, prayer, dancing, altar calls from my family -no pun intended-), then so be.

As long as you are expressing who you are in your actions, words, and identity, that's your religion.

Forgot... afterlife and god?

What is a god to you?
How do you define it?
What's the nature of this god?

Ask yourself questions and draw an outline.

Afterlife?

To me personally, we don't know the future regardless the time period. We are not dumber than people who lived 2,000 years ago. We are all humans. So, we don't know. Make it up, I guess? With me, I experienced seeing and physically experienced the spirits (my grandmother for example) helping me. So, the afterlife to me has to do with spirits on earth taking care of family.

I want to repeat what @Tumah said:

Or the person who invented it had some experience that lead him to believe it himself and others believed him as well.​

Do you have experiences that you can reflect on that may lead you to belief in the afterlife?

Anyone can make things up. Usually, the religious aren't making it up, though. But I wouldn't put everyone in a box. Reflect. Observe. Brainstorm.

Last edited:

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
I thought that's what you got, when you replaced the words faith and god and belief with Universe and Physics and Logic ie Atheism.
Cheers

Parchment

One must declare and abide by their own laws at some point and then destroy those limitations to see what really pans out as dirt or gold. I see this as a necessary step in personal evolutions, at least according to me.

cosmogenes

observer
That's how all religions work anyway. They make something up, pass it along, and many people believe in it.

Yes, until one of the believers has a slightly different idea and a new sect is morn. Christianity itself has some 40,000 varieties and they multiply and mutate like viruses. E.g. a brother-in-law, who was originally R. Catholic, converted to "The Way", apparently and offshoot hybrid of Jehovah's Witnesses and Pentecostals, which is an offshoot of Millerite adventism, which was an offshoot of Baptism, etc., etc. Anyway, after a while he broke with "The Way" and started his own "Fellowship". Now his thing has also split into at least 4 or 5 offshoots.

Akivah

Many people don't like the types of dogmatic religions and condemning Gods out there. The Gods demand that you worship them or be punished and tormented in hell. These gods restrict certain acts as sinful and demand that you live how they see fit.

But you can create your own personal God and your own personal religion that is suited for your personality and your lifestyle. Has anyone done so? What name would you give your personal religion and what name would you give your personal god? Furthermore, what would your own personal heaven or hell be like?

Do you think that this should be the new religion as opposed to those other awful and condemning religions out there in the world that cause harm to self and others? Sure, you could just create your own personal philosophy rather than a religion, but many people are interested in a God and an afterlife. That's how all religions work anyway. They make something up, pass it along, and many people believe in it.

I think Elvisism (i.e. the worship of Elvis) could be a religion. It's already got spiritual garments, liturgy, holy place, a large following, and a popular leader that had a questionable death.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
There is only one God
It's impossible to have 2 omniscient omnipotent at the same time

and he has sent many prophets ,it's true but which one should we follow right now??

The oldest or the newest???

If u answer to this question u are no longer in doubt

You can have two all knowing gods. I know the same thing my friend knows. That doesn't mean we conflict with each other. It just means we both share the same knowledge. In the case of god, if there were two gods, they'd both know everything. Nothing wrong with that.

interminable

منتظر
You can have two all knowing gods. I know the same thing my friend knows. That doesn't mean we conflict with each other. It just means we both share the same knowledge. In the case of god, if there were two gods, they'd both know everything. Nothing wrong with that.
What about omnipotent and unlimited?

Two unlimited existents??