• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CPAC and the final trashing of any Republican platform

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Listened to speeches last night, and my goodness, nobody spoke about anything except Donald Trump. There is no longer any sort of Republican platform, nothing except the worship of a single man, and a willingness to follow him no matter where he goes.

Wow -- I mean Holy Wow! :(:confused::eek::oops:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Lemmings-Really-Commit-Mass-Suicide-illustration.jpg

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
It's because Republicans tend to be more in tune with their base than Democrats, and they know that Trump is still highly popular among their voters.

PureX

Veteran Member
If they all start genuflecting, I'm going to build a 49th parallel wall myself!
Trump is the mascot and poster-boy for unabashed greed, selfishness, misogyny, nepotism, willful ignorance, blatant corruption, and obduracy. So he has a lot of proponents. Because there are a lot of people in this country that admire these traits.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
It's because Republicans tend to be more in tune with their base than Democrats, and they know that Trump is still highly popular among their voters.

This is an important observation. Coordinating liberals is like herding cats. Conservatives tend to march much more in lockstep with their leadership (which makes sense, given their more authoritarian leanings).

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
This is an important observation. Coordinating liberals is like herding cats. Conservatives tend to march much more in lockstep with their leadership (which makes sense, given their more authoritarian leanings).
I really don't think that's the case. The Republican Party is very diverse. There's libertarians, neoconservatives, religious conservatives, nationalists, etc. These groups don't all get along and compete for the reins of the party. Currently the more nationalist and populist faction, of which Trump is currently seen as the figurehead, is stronger among the base than the others.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Why would anybody expect US Democrats to be in tune with the Republican voter base?
I'm in tune with the Republican voter base and I'm a moderate Democrat. It's easy to understand the RW base. Their politicians and think tanks understand the Republican voter base to a good amount.
Psychological analysis, trigger words, tones, optics, everything. The RW elitists have spent money on understanding everything about the conservative culture.
From what foods they like to narratives that trigger emotional reactions.

When you see a Frank Luntz 'Focus Group' on Fox, he's there probing the audience for trigger words. Testing them to see what they react to.
That information is used to create RW talking points with the researched trigger words/narratives implemented.