• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could the Hyksos be the Ancient Hebrew of the bible?

SoyLeche

meh...
ProfLogic said:
I have noted that in Egyptian history there was only one major migration known.. it was the Hyksos, now in Exodus a race migrated also from Egypt the Ancient Hebrews. Now what is not relevant in that statement? Human mentality to keep their group together after a defeat needs to boost their group's morale either by fear or by reward. If there is a defeated group I don't see how they would have any richness to bribe the people to stay with them. Now fear as used in the OT... follow it and its commandments or you will be punished... The one god mentality that defeats anything can be used to manipulate people in staying? More than likely most of them were uneducated and believe ever word. Nowadays people can thing for themselves.

Now tell me what irrelevant or show me another documented great migration from Egypt besides the Hyksos that did not come from the bible?
You have provided no evidence of anything other than your word, and followed it up with what would considered worthless even if it were being portrayed as fiction. Cite a source for once.

ProfLogic

SoyLeche said:
You have provided no evidence of anything other than your word, and followed it up with what would considered worthless even if it were being portrayed as fiction. Cite a source for once.

Ancient Egyptian history has the facts on top of that, personal conversations with Egyptians of what they know about the Hyksos. There are so many sites saying the reign and the expulsion on the Hyksos from Egypt. Can you share any other group in great size that left Egypt?

Human psychology explains Positive and Negative reinforcement, so what are you refering to as my words?

If no one can cite any other groups that left Egypt and that would have the motivation to defame the Ancient Egyptians the most likely candidate would be the Hyksos and thus could have potentially created this book of the bible to glamorize its culture and defame the Ancient Egyptians.

ProfLogic

Jayhawker Soule said:
... perhaps because you don't recall any history.

Perhaps your history since you live in a fantasy world of yourself.. Instead of sharing information all you want is to instigate abrasive conversations?

ProfLogic

Soy Leche, did you experience an another awareness yet? Becky Soup cited that she had but did not want to share it. As I told you, if you have its an opportunity to gather information and compare. It might actually help humanity instead letting people rip each other apart because they have different beliefs? Humanity just wants to exists. It more than likely wants to exists also at the expense of humanity.

SoyLeche

meh...
ProfLogic said:
Soy Leche, did you experience an another awareness yet? Becky Soup cited that she had but did not want to share it. As I told you, if you have its an opportunity to gather information and compare. It might actually help humanity instead letting people rip each other apart because they have different beliefs? Humanity just wants to exists. It more than likely wants to exists also at the expense of humanity.
Have you read the Bible yet? As I've said, it's an opportunity to gather information that you apparently know little to nothing about. It might actually help you put together coherant arguments.

Getting back on topic besides bashing each other. I've had a theory that quite recently wasn't sound until I read that tid bit on Hebrew text and the fact that they dont add vowels in between letters so im guessing amen would read amn in english. Now the egyptian sun god was amun or amon which conviently supports Logics side. Which could have easily been miss translated and is truly the Sun God. Which means that quite possibly the Jew's actually got their idea of monotheism from the Egyptians? Idk bash me if you like or just tell me i'm wrong.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
TimetoWasteTimeToWait said:
Getting back on topic besides bashing each other. I've had a theory that quite recently wasn't sound until I read that tid bit on Hebrew text and ...
But apparently no TimetoRead. :rolleyes:

lol never said it was supported. just throwing an idea out there. Just don't like to read history unless its ancient war tactics or theory I love that. I do like reading historical thought if that makes sense. I'll try to find a book to support my amen/amon theory. I believe there is one out there and actually got the idea from a jew at a treatment facility and he suggested something. Sorrying rambling, but i'll read it then I'll take you down.:p

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
lol never said it was supported. just throwing an idea out there. Just don't like to read history unless ...
This is a debate forum and I guess I prefer considered opinion to baseless speculation. There is a tremendous amount of relevant scholarship readily available. Read it or not but, as a coutesy, don't debase the term "theory".

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6410112404402873027&q=naked+truth

dude first off every idea starts as a theory, but i found creditable evidence. You dont have to watch the whole thing just watch up to the Egyptian part.

and may things on this forum are simply theory not factual they are beliefs that have some credibility.

and this is alot of stuff i have theorized, but have had much proof i guess its just revelation. but please try to watch the entire movie.

i didn't read, but i found something

"The Naked Truth: Awaken the Sheeple"

SoyLeche

meh...
dude first off every idea starts as a theory
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt' this the progression?

You start at idea - move into hypothesis - if the hypothesis stands up to scrutiny you get to call it a theory?

ProfLogic

SoyLeche said:
Have you read the Bible yet? As I've said, it's an opportunity to gather information that you apparently know little to nothing about. It might actually help you put together coherant arguments.

So if a person says their interpretation is not to what you see, people are incoherent... Now are your a representation of your faith or is this a personal opinion? Let me ask you this what gives you the right to preach a book that went through generations of bloodshed and translations if you yorself have not spoken to it, what people call their god? If you accept your faith you should accept the good and bad in it. There is no shame in admitting there were evil things that the bible condoned as long as you serve it. ... The prophet mohammed never read a book but knew about things.... which to me seems an unbaised view of his religion....

I ask you again give ma a documented migration of people from Egypt besides the Hyksos? I have not heard an answer from you, possibly because there is no other to give. Whats incoherent about that? I suggest that you read the bible and not what they teach you in religious schools, then look at the origin of a book that came thousands of years after other civilizations. On top of that answer this, why did your god save the bacteria that floats in the water and fish from the depths of the ocean floor and the amphibians in the great fable which is called Noah's ark? If you have no answers then you are just like the religious fanatics here whose defense is to attach a poster personally?

SoyLeche

meh...
ProfLogic said:
So if a person says their interpretation is not to what you see, people are incoherent... Now are your a representation of your faith or is this a personal opinion? Let me ask you this what gives you the right to preach a book that went through generations of bloodshed and translations if you yorself have not spoken to it, what people call their god? If you accept your faith you should accept the good and bad in it. There is no shame in admitting there were evil things that the bible condoned as long as you serve it. ... The prophet mohammed never read a book but knew about things.... which to me seems an unbaised view of his religion....

I ask you again give ma a documented migration of people from Egypt besides the Hyksos? I have not heard an answer from you, possibly because there is no other to give. Whats incoherent about that? I suggest that you read the bible and not what they teach you in religious schools, then look at the origin of a book that came thousands of years after other civilizations. On top of that answer this, why did your god save the bacteria that floats in the water and fish from the depths of the ocean floor and the amphibians in the great fable which is called Noah's ark? If you have no answers then you are just like the religious fanatics here whose defense is to attach a poster personally?
I'm not telling you to read the Bible for your own personal enlightenment, although I'm sure you could use some of that. I'm just concerned that you keep trying to tell people about a book that you apparantly know little to nothing about.

Your claim that the Hyksos may be associated with the Hebrews may very well be credible. Everything else you have said on this thread is pure fiction though.

SoyLeche

meh...
ProfLogic said:
So if a person says their interpretation is not to what you see, people are incoherent...
I wouldn't have a problem if you were in fact interpreting the Bible. The problem is, you are making it up and then trying to pull down your made up version. You can fix that problem by citing passeges in the Bible that support what you are claiming, but you have refused multiple times to do this.

And I did not call you incoherant, I called your arguments incoherant.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
ProfLogic said:
Ancient Egyptian history has the facts on top of that, personal conversations with Egyptians of what they know about the Hyksos.

That is hilarious. Try asking the average American about our history and you will get enough misperceptions to write a comedy. Now you are asking Egyptians about events 4,000 years ago. Good luck with that.

(3) A Babylonian Province.

Meanwhile Canaan had for a time formed part of the Babylonian empire. Gudea, viceroy of Lagas under the kings of the Dynasty of Ur (2500 BC), had brought "limestone" from the "land of the Amorites," alabaster from Mt. Lebanon, cedar-beams from Amanus, and golddust from the desert between Palestine and Egypt. A cadastral survey was drawn up about the same time by Uru-malik, "the governor of the land of the Amorites," the name by which Syria and Canaan were known to the Babylonians, and colonies of "Amorites" engaged in trade were settled in the cities of Babylonia. After the fall of the Dynasty of Ur, Babylonia was itself conquered by the Amorites who founded the dynasty to which Khammurabi, the Amraphel of Ge 14:1, belonged (see HAMMURABI). In an inscription found near Diarbekir the only title given to Khammu-rabi is "king of the land of the Amorites." Babylonian now became the official, literary and commercial language of Canaan, and schools were established there in which the cuneiform script was taught. Canaanitish culture became wholly Babylonian; even its theology and gods were derived from Babylonia. The famous legal code of Khammu-rabi (see HAMMURABI, CODE OF) was enforced in Canaan as in other parts of the empire, and traces of its provisions are found in Gen. Abram's adoption of his slave Eliezer, Sarai's conduct to Hagar, and Rebekah's receipt of a dowry from the father of the bridegroom are examples of this. So, too, the sale of the cave of Machpelah was in accordance with the Babylonian legal forms of the Khammu-rabi age. The petty kings of Canaan paid tribute to their Babylonian suzerain, and Babylonian officials and "commerical travelers" (damgari) frequented the country.

(4) Jerusalem Founded.

We must ascribe to this period the foundation of Jerusalem, which bears a Babylonian name (Uru-Salim, "the city of Salim"), and commanded the road to the naphtha springs of the Dead-Sea. Bitumen was one of the most important articles of Babylonian trade on account of its employment for building and lighting purposes, and seems to have been a government monopoly. Hence, the rebellion of the Canaanitish princes in the naphtha district (Ge 14) was sufficiently serious to require a considerable force for its suppression.

(5) The Hyksos.

The Amorite dynasty in Babylonia was overthrown by a Hittite invasion, and Babylonian authority in Canaan came to an end, though the influence of Babylonian culture continued undiminished. In the North the Hittites were dominant; in the South, where Egyptian influence had been powerful since the age of the XIIth Dynasty, the Hyksos conquest of Egypt united Palestine with the Delta. The Hyksos kings bear Canaanitish names, and their invasion of Egypt probably formed part of that general movement which led to the establishment of an "Amorite" dynasty in Babylonia. Egypt now became an appanage of Canaan, with its capital, accordingly, near its Asiatic frontier. One of the Hyksos kings bears the characteristically Canaanitish name of Jacob-el, written in the same way as on Babylonian tablets of the age of Khammu-rabi, and a place of the same name is mentioned by Thothmes III as existing in southern Palestine

(6) Egyptian Conquest.

The Pharaohs of the XVIIIth Dynasty expelled the Hyksos and conquered Palestine and Syria. For about 200 years Canaan was an Egyptian province. With the Egyptian conquest the history of the second Amorite city at Gezer comes to an end. The old wall was partially destroyed, doubtless by Thothmes III (about 1480 BC). A third Amorite city now grew up, with a larger and stronger wall, 14 ft. thick. The houses built on the site of the towers of the first wall were filled with scarabs and other relics of the reign of Amon-hotep III (1440 BC). At Lachish the ruins of the third city were full of similar remains, and among them was a cuneiform tablet referring to a governor of Lachish mentioned in the Tell el-Amarna Letters. At Taanach cuneiform tablets of the same age have been discovered, written by Canaanites to one another but all in the Babylonian script and language

um i found this by accident lol

http://www.bible-history.com/map-israel-joshua/map-israel-joshua_the_canaanites_encyclopedia.html

Very interesting, The Torah could be a mixture of different cultures uniting under one God? Hyskos, the israelites, canaanites, etc

ProfLogic

sandy whitelinger said:
That is hilarious. Try asking the average American about our history and you will get enough misperceptions to write a comedy. Now you are asking Egyptians about events 4,000 years ago. Good luck with that.

Similar to listening to preachers and religious readers on a book that was written thousands of years ago of which can not be proven in looking at its content. Good luck with that......

ProfLogic

SoyLeche said:
I wouldn't have a problem if you were in fact interpreting the Bible. The problem is, you are making it up and then trying to pull down your made up version. You can fix that problem by citing passeges in the Bible that support what you are claiming, but you have refused multiple times to do this.

And I did not call you incoherant, I called your arguments incoherant.

As I mentioned to you before if you experienced the so "called god's calling" then you will understand the bible more than what others had written or translated about it. Again you never answered in Noah's Ark, it told Noah to gather a pair of animals... and everything would be destroyed except for the creatures that made noah's ark... I say bacteria, plankton, amphibians, fish, crocodiles, alligators can survive a flood and would be really happy with the new found food supply. Now answer this.. why where they left out in the bible? Why because these people and it did not know about bacteria... maybe an answer.....