• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could it be?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Maybe God is in the Ohm too ;)
Maybe. And maybe intelligent falling is real, too.

Evolution is an unguided process. If your OP was trying to ask whether there's room in a universe that was guided overall for a process like evolution that isn't guided at all, then that's really a theological question that you would have to answer in the context of your own belief system.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I'm not. Are you?

I was looking for the woman in the red dress. ;)

matrix_lady_in_red.png
:confused:

I found God already, I wasn't in the picture :oops:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Maybe. And maybe intelligent falling is real, too.

Evolution is an unguided process. If your OP was trying to ask whether there's room in a universe that was guided overall for a process like evolution that isn't guided at all, then that's really a theological question that you would have to answer in the context of your own belief system.
I know I believe in God, how the universe is evolving now and if God is behind everything all the time. Or if it is put an automatically process behind it all, that I do not know

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I know I believe in God, how the universe is evolving now and if God is behind everything all the time. Or if it is put an automatically process behind it all, that I do not know
Your phrase "how the universe is evolving now" suggests to me that you and I mean different things when we talk about evolution.

When I say "evolution," I'm talking specifically about the things addressed by the Theory of Evolution: the factors that created the variation of life we see on Earth, along with the idea of common descent.

When you talk about evolution of the universe, it's not clear to me what you mean.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Your phrase "how the universe is evolving now" suggests to me that you and I mean different things when we talk about evolution.

When I say "evolution," I'm talking specifically about the things addressed by the Theory of Evolution: the factors that created the variation of life we see on Earth, along with the idea of common descent.

When you talk about evolution of the universe, it's not clear to me what you mean.
Everything in the universe evolves/expands, Animals evolve sometimes into new species, humans evolve, and so on.

Colt

Is it possible that our universe was created by a God, but that the theory of evolution also is true?

Meaning, did God create this universe with purpose that it evolve as a evolution on its own?
Absolutely! I believe that our world and life on it was created by the process of evolution. I've been a student of the Urantia Book revelation for most of my life which reveals how our world and life on it came about. I believe that once our planet reached the stage wherein it could host life forms then the Life Carriers created and planted those early forms of life which evolved into will conscious man over hundreds of millions of years.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
We already have a universe. Now where's the God?
You would have to present a God first , otherwise the question isn't possible to answer.
God is said to be Omnipresent ... so it seems to me, that it's quite hard to "not see God", as He is everywhere

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Is it possible that our universe was created by a God, but that the theory of evolution also is true?

Meaning, did God create this universe with purpose that it evolve as a evolution on its own?

As a Christian, our scriptures did not "declare" how He created all things except that He spoke into what was with purpose, identity and destiny, so it is possible. We do see how everything seems to have and serve a purpose so, IMV, it dictates a God. It would also give understanding at the proliferation of Cambrian Explosion... God giving it a turbo charge of new organisms and change.

Where we would have a dividing line would be in the creation of today's mankind. That is the only thing that declares "how" he and she were created.

EDITED

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
How often do you find something you're not looking for?
That happens, but in my 80 (nearly) years, I have not found God. Did you?
Creation of the universe and evolution don't really have anything to do with each other.
That is not true. Though I have my own views about creation, but scientifically creation of universe is creation of molecules and evolution is the aftermath. So, both are intimately connected.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Oh thanks. Now I'm going to spend all day looking for Wally, and I bet he isn't even there ;)
I have the Wally on my desktop now, *for some time though (all thing are impermanent except Brahman).
Here is one by Late Indian cartoonist Mario de Miranda, a Goan: Singapore.
_89611444_p16.jpg

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Not possible since there is no God.That happens, but in my 80 (nearly) years, I have not found God. Did you?That is not true. Though I have my own views about creation, but scientifically creation of universe is creation of molecules and evolution is the aftermath. So, both are intimately connected.
I can not show you God, But how can you be so sure God does not exist If you have not found God?

RestlessSoul

Every phenomena in the universe is part of the same molecular dance; the same complex web of interactions whereby reality is woven, and existence comes to be.

To take one manifestation of nature in isolation from all others, and consider it separate, is to exhibit backward thinking, both philosophically and scientifically.

Evolution of life on earth is intrinsically linked to the unfolding drama of the universe itself; the Mesozoic era during which multi cellular life evolved on earth, occurs within the steliferous era of the cosmos.

Our intuitive understanding of evolution as a concept may be a function of our particular temporal perspective (which is of course linear). The a to b to c perspective of causality may be erroneous; but that a and b and c are intrinsically related, and that each manifests relative to the other, that’s pretty much a given.