• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could it be?

Segev Moran

We already have a universe. Now where's the God?
You would have to present a God first , otherwise the question isn't possible to answer.
God:
A source throughout the entire known and unknown universe emerged.
An active force that constantly leads and directs reality as we know it for both individuals and collectives.
An "intellectual" force that "decided" how everything works in our universe with a purpose and intension.

I think these are the basics that are accepted by most theists.

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".
An active force that constantly leads and directs reality as we know it for both individuals and collectives.
Interesting side topic: this is radically different from my own understanding and religion which is based on reading the common Bible. In the Bible is pretty clear to me God isn't constantly directing all that happens in nature, though He is of course famously understood to be accomplishing things He has chosen to bring about. So....He is intervening sometimes, meaning sometimes taking action to change something to alter a likely outcome to be different than it would have played out without the intervention. Ergo, all other events are just natural events happening on their own without any divine control at all, past the original design of nature itself.

Segev Moran

Interesting side topic: this is radically different from my own understanding and religion which is based on reading the common Bible. In the Bible is pretty clear to me God isn't constantly directing all that happens in nature, though He is of course famously understood to be accomplishing things He has chosen to bring about. So....He is intervening sometimes, meaning sometimes taking action to change something to alter a likely outcome to be different than it would have played out without the intervention. Ergo, all other events are just natural events happening on their own without any divine control at all, past the original design of nature itself.
As God is the source of all that drives reality, it means its affect is constant and not periodic.
What you refer to is what some call a "Miracle".

halbhh

As God is the source of all that drives reality, it means its affect is constant and not periodic.
What you refer to is what some call a "Miracle".
Interesting sentence! Also, did you mean 'affect' in particular, instead of 'effect'?

(side note that matters to me and many: since we ourselves would take offense if someone called us an 'it', then we would better use the term 'God' or some other term, like "One" or "Eternal" or whatever, but not 'it').

Segev Moran

Interesting sentence! Also, did you mean 'affect' in particular, instead of 'effect'?
Yes.
It affects constantly. The only thing we can wideness, is the effect.
(side note that matters to me and many: since we ourselves would take offense if someone called us an 'it'
Why would anyone call you an it? you are most definitely human and not it.
then we would better use the term 'God' or some other term, like "One" or "Eternal"
You can use whatever term you choose :)
It will be very weird for me to use the later 2.
The first one I use when I feel the need.
or whatever, but not 'it').
I just use "it" as I am not comfortable using "he" or "she", "them", "they"... for me its just... it.
Sorry for making anyone uncomfortable, but it will probably remain so.

halbhh

Yes.
It affects constantly. The only thing we can wideness, is the effect.

Why would anyone call you an it? you are most definitely human and not it.

You can use whatever term you choose :)
It will be very weird for me to use the later 2.
The first one I use when I feel the need.

I just use "it" as I am not comfortable using "he" or "she", "them", "they"... for me its just... it.
Sorry for making anyone uncomfortable, but it will probably remain so.
As Christ explained, God is a Person. We are basically like God, Christ said. So, I cannot call God 'it' just like I would not call you an 'it'.

Would you call Socrates an 'it'? If not, then you could more accurately refer to God in a more normal way, just as 'God' (which is a general label to refer to the divine being). When you say "God" you'd not be saying attributes, but using a general label.

Last edited:

Segev Moran

As Christ explained, God is a Person.
So god has a personality?
That is very contradicting to the idea of God.
We are basically like God, Christ said.
What does "Basically" mean?
Also, it is stated that we are like god long before Christ. Its in the first chapter of genesis.
So, I cannot call God 'it' just like I would not call you an 'it'.
That's because I am not an It. God is.
Would you call Socrates an 'it'?
No. Socrates was a human, not an "it".
If not, then you could more accurately refer to God in a more normal way, just as 'God'
I do, when I feel it is needed.
(which is a general label to refer to the divine being).
What do you by "Devine"?
When you say "God" you'd not be saying attributes, but using a general label.
I don't like general labels. They leave a lot of room for misinterpretations.