• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coronavirus Facts and Information thread:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I agree they are to heavy to remain in the air but I wonder on a windy day how far they can travel in the wind.
1 block?
3 blocks?
1/4 mile?
1/2 mile?
We probably don't know.
years ago I saw a science documentary.....

to the point
a weather balloon with a vacuum cleaner type of trap
was sent aloft to catch whatever it might

it went five miles up
and came down with a spider in it

We Never Know

No Slack
years ago I saw a science documentary.....

to the point
a weather balloon with a vacuum cleaner type of trap
was sent aloft to catch whatever it might

it went five miles up
and came down with a spider in it

A new study published by scientists at the University of Bristol proves that spiders can sense the Earth's electric field and use it to fly through the air. The process, known as “ballooning,” allows the arachnids to use strands of silk to float up to three miles above the Earth's surface and 1,000 miles out to sea.

Spiders Can Fly Through the Air for Miles Using Electricity, Study Finds – Fortune

Thief

Rogue Theologian
the spread of particles is more complex than posters here realize

that gray dust on your bookshelf...….that's you
it didn't get there because you sneezed
you leave a trail of yourself as you go passing by
you slough off bits and pieces of yourself everywhere you go

and a sample taken from your pillow case
is virtually identical to a sample from your toilet seat

consider …...the next occasion your children kiss your cheek

Thief

Rogue Theologian
and let's consider that sneeze

I sneeze....infecting that location
and walk away

I sneeze into the elbow of my shirt
and take it with me

either way......

We Never Know

No Slack
I agree they are to heavy to remain in the air but I wonder on a windy day how far they can travel in the wind.
1 block?
3 blocks?
1/4 mile?
1/2 mile?
We probably don't know.

Let me add to this post...

According to research by scientists at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, it’s not just the person next to us we should worry about: coughing spreads droplets as far as six metres, and sneezing as much as eight metres. These droplets stay suspended in the air for up to 10 minutes.

https://www-sciencefocus-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.sciencefocus.com/the-human-body/how-far-do-coughs-and-sneezes-travel/amp/?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE=#aoh=15832545216036&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.sciencefocus.com/the-human-body/how-far-do-coughs-and-sneezes-travel/

Now if a person sneezes and the droplets can go out 8 meters(26+ feet) and can be in the air for 10 minutes,,,, just think how many people can be exposed on a busy street or area with in that 10 minutes.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Quick question --
If I test positive for Corona but have no symptoms (to my understanding, that means I don't have Covid 19), how long does the virus stay active enough in my system that I have to worry about communicating it to another person?

You can be as contagious as anyone who has the full blown disease for that period of time or even longer. This often happens because you're either extremely healthy or you are just genetically resistant to the bug. Unfortunately, in this case you may not have any symptoms at all to speak of and you are still a virus bearer. Other people all around you may manifest an obvious set of systems -- often, you usually can tell if this happens if you're magically the one that is in the house full of sick people that ISN'T sick.

74x12

Let's hope the change of seasons slows this thing down. We'll still have to deal with it next year, but I can wait. :D

Unfortunately, we'll have other sources of information soon, as the rest of the world seems to be catching up quickly.

"South Korea coronavirus cases pass 4,800"
Coronavirus news and live updates: South Korea cases pass 4,800 - CNN
Begs the question how are they doing in NK I wonder? Maybe NK's isolationist policy will help it this time or it could backfire if they do become infected and can't get help from the outside.

We Never Know

No Slack
Death toll from the coronavirus rises to 9 in the U.S., in Washington State.

Death toll from the coronavirus rises to 9 in the U.S. -

Several reason I am posting this...

-the death toll is up to 9
-all are from Washington State, mainly around Seattle.

Then....
-there was a poster here from Seattle but I haven't seen them in about a week. Sub(something). They had a orangeish and blueish picture if I remember right.
-I wonder if they have became sick.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Death toll from the coronavirus rises to 9 in the U.S., in Washington State.

Death toll from the coronavirus rises to 9 in the U.S. -

Several reason I am posting this...

-the death toll is up to 9
-all are from Washington State, mainly around Seattle.

Then....
-there was a poster here from Seattle but I haven't seen them in about a week. Sub(something). They had a orangeish and blueish picture if I remember right.
-I wonder if they have became sick.
Do you mean Subduction-zone?

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Actually, you shouldn't eat much grains at all. But.. they have the convenience of being cheap. Most grains contain low grades of mycotoxins (cancerous causing substances), but in an emergency they're generally cheap and available food.

As far as sprouting if we're talking about a survival situation your time is better off spent elsewhere if you ask me. It's not so much about proper nutrition in this case, but about sustaining a reasonable carb/fat/protein load until you can eat without worry. Sprouting grains are high in nutrients but low in the essential fuels you need to get through the trouble period. So, you eat them with something else. For the work though I find it a worthless exercise because it's not something you need to do to get through the next day though for long term health it's probably a great idea.

My basic backup supply is a ten kilo box of maca powder, a few kilos of pea protein, a few kilos of organic cacao powder, a kilo of ashwagandha and fifty litres of water.

I was about to order bulk spinach powder from China....

The wheat (or other grain) sprouts idea was to ensure fresh greens.

Stinging nettle is seasonal, so not always available off the street. If you find it, collect it. With gloves on. Once cooked, it doesn’t sting and is very nutritious.

Wild lettuce (lactuca virosa) is edible and also a very effective pain killer, and is everywhere where I live.

Most days, the only grains I eat are a few slices of toast at breakfast (if I have breakfast. Usually, for most of my life in fact, I naturally practice intermittent fasting).

That diet provides everything you need, is not processed, doesn’t require cooking or refrigeration,, takes up minimal space, and is the best bang for buck.

If you make a smoothie of maca, cacao, pea protein and ashwagandha root powder in water, it is almost a complete meal. I usually add full cream milk powder and a small amount of sugar, and it is actually delicious. Maybe an acquired taste for some ((particularly the ashwagandha, so maybe that’s optional) but certainly not unpleasant.

Maca and cacao are rich in vitamins, minerals, and mood elevators. Add pea protein and some good fats (macadamia oil, hemp seed oil, coconut oil) , and fresh greens and enzymes, and you will be well fed and healthy.

I should mention it will probably also make you horny.Maca, cacao and ashwagandha are all aphrodisiac to some degree :)

Add some greens from young oats (avena sativa) and it will be even more aphrodisiac. Just be aware that avena sativa works because it is a mild reversible MAOB inhibitor. Google it.

Maybe a squirt of daminana extract....if you’re in quarantine with a cutie .

You can be happy, healthy and horny in hell if you’re smart :alien:

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It seems the World Bank has announced that it is making $12 billion in immediate funds available for the coronavirus.

World Bank announces up to $12 billion in immediate funds for coronavirus

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The World Bank on Tuesday announced an initial $12 billion in immediate funds to assist countries grappling with the health and economic impacts of the coronavirus virus outbreak that has spread quickly from China to some 80 countries.

“We’re announcing today an initial package of immediate support that will make available up to $12 billion to respond to country requests for crisis financing of their immediate needs and also to lessen the tragic impacts of the crisis,” he said.

“The point is to move fast; speed is needed to save lives,” Malpass said during a teleconference with reporters. “There are scenarios where much more resources may be required. We’ll adapt our approach and resources as needed.”

The World Bank said the $12 billion in fast-track grants, loans and low-interest loans would help developing countries provide better access to health services, strengthen disease surveillance and bolster public health interventions, as well as work with the private sector to reduce the impact on economies.

About $4 billion of the funding will be reprogrammed from other Bank
instruments, officials said.

I saw another article which says that the film industry could face a $5 billion loss as a result of the virus. Global Film Industry Facing $5 Billion Loss Amid Coronavirus Outbreak

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Only thing I still need that I haven't picked up yet is pancake mix. I like the good stuff, Kodiak whole wheat, so I'm waiting for it to go on sale.
You do know that pancakes are one of the easiest things to make from scratch.....and with no additives. It's just flour, egg, sugar and milk mixed into a smooth batter. Put in a mashed banana and a little cinnamon and serve with ice cream and maple syrup....yum.
character0104.gif

Personally, I'm uping my vitamin C intake a bit (half a gram supplement per day) and plan on eating healthier over all, including some herbs with known anti-viral properties, like garlic and ginger: 15 Antiviral Herbs to Keep You Healthy

Whoever said that large doses of Vitamin C is dangerous, is an idiot. Your body takes up what it needs and you pee out the rest. It is a water soluble vitamin and when taken in mega doses during illness can considerably shorten recovery time. It is used up in the body by being destroyed, so having more than you need means there is always uptake on hand. 2 grams (2000mg) a day is good to maintain immunity, but if you are sick up it to 2 grams every 4 hour hours. There are many other herbal immune defense remedies and I take these through every winter and never get sick. The only way to beat a virus is with a strong immune system. Eat healthy with plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables.

I managed to buy a lot of my emergency food supplies from the local Dollar Tree. I figure, rice is rice, oatmeal is oatmeal, pasta is pasta.

You have to be careful where these are sourced. Many developing countries do not have strict standards of control with pesticides and herbicides, and some use human waste as fertilizer
sick0025.gif
......something to keep in mind when considering the cost.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I saw another article which says that the film industry could face a $5 billion loss as a result of the virus. Global Film Industry Facing $5 Billion Loss Amid Coronavirus Outbreak

The Cruise Ship lines are also facing massive losses with cancellations and the airlines too are seeing a downturn as people count the cost of travel. Businesses don't want Chinese goods and now we face shortages of clothing, footwear, and homewares.....all the things we consume these days are mostly "Made in China". :(

Where will it end? It seems to me like the natural disasters set us up for this pandemic.....almost like there is an evil entity out to get us.
evilgrin0034.gif

Last edited:

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Whoever said that large doses of Vitamin C is dangerous, is an idiot. Your body takes up what it needs and you pee out the rest. It is a water soluble vitamin and when taken in mega doses during illness can considerably shorten recovery time. It is used up in the body by being destroyed, so having more than you need means there is always uptake on hand. 2 grams (2000mg) a day is good to maintain immunity, but if you are sick up it to 2 grams every 4 hour hours. There are many other herbal immune defense remedies and I take these through every winter and never get sick. The only way to beat a virus is with a strong immune system. Eat healthy with plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables.

Yep. I would add that whatever amount of C you take, it is best distributed through the day rather than one daily dose. That maintains a more stable serum level. Otherwise your body is only getting access to it for a few hours.
Also, ascorbyl palmitate is fat soluble, which is useful to know. Also called esterified C.
Most C on the shelves is ascorbic acid, which is water soluble.

Cheers

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
There are many other herbal immune defense remedies and I take these through every winter and never get sick.

Andrographis ?
If I were to choose only one, that would be my choice.
Can Andrographis Help Immune Function?
Broad-spectrum antiviral properties of andrographolide. - PubMed - NCBI

And Cat’s claw, if I could choose two :)

Cat's Claw:Uses, Side Effects, Dosage, Interactions & Health Benefits
Antimutagenic and antiherpetic activities of different preparations from Uncaria tomentosa (cat's claw). - PubMed - NCBI

Thoses references were chosen reasonably quickly, there is a lot of info on antiviral herbs etc.
The NCBI papers are worth reading in general IMO.