• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coronavirus Facts and Information thread:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Masks are not needed for healthy people, but you should at least try to have a box of them for whoever is sick to wear.

Your whole post was good sense, I reckon, and I would like to make extra comment about the masks (and cleansers).

Yes, a person feeling ill and needing to get home should use one.
Yes, a person who habitually face-touches could use one.
Etc.......

In addition to the above, do you trust what our heads of health are telling us in some Western countries?

1. The head of one country belittled the sickness last week, claiming that it was being over-stated by political opposition in an election year.

2. Soon after that the same country's head of health recently dismissed face-masks with some comment like 'Skip the masks....'

3. Where I live there is a big news article that our advertising standards agency has banned two adverts about face masks for being misleading.

4. There is a tendency to 'little-down' hand cleansers and to 'big-up' hand washing, a strange idea in this land where hand basins are as rare as public toilets.

Many of us don't trust these guides, and this is why:-
The 'condition' of millions of people on streets, buses, trains, in offices, factories and shops all wearing face masks could impact the minds of the people to such an extent that levels of alarm will be magnified, and commerce, industry, travel, retail and stocks would all be affected further than at present.............. to 'play down masks' could be an order from our leaders.

The hand cleanser situation is such that alcohol based hand cleanser is almost unavailable and our chemists are rationing sales. So... 'play down hand cleanser' and push up 'hand washes' could be an order from our leaders.

But around here (Kent UK) most folks are not listening. People are making their own hand cleanser with surgical spirit or alcohol bases because they realise that there will not be any hand basins where they would need to wash hands! Simple.

And the shelves of our shops have been emptied of masks.

It is evident that many folks do not believe what they are being told about 'cleansers are 2nd choice' and 'masks are dumb' ....... especially when all surgeries, hospitals and travelling medics have been equipped with them.

Is it that our countries are more frightened of alarming scenes of thousands of masks which could further affects all our markets?

I wonder.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Andrographis ?
If I were to choose only one, that would be my choice.

I take a daily Blackmore's Immune Defense with Astragalus, echinacea, Siberian Ginseng, Selenium along with loads of Vit C, cod liver oil and plenty of zinc, I take garlic, magnesium, fish oil and a pro-biotic. I eat well and have a fruit and vegetable smoothie every morning. It seems to be working for me....I get through winter usually without colds and flu. Wouldn't touch a flu shot with a barge pole.

If the corona virus hits here, I hope that my immune system will help fight it off. Who knows? :shrug:

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
Wouldn't touch a flu shot with a barge pole.
This can result in others you come in contact with getting the flu if you catch it. I hope when you do contract a flu, you stay away from public spaces.

We just had an anti-vaccine group try to repeal our new state law which requires all children who attended public schools to be vaccinated regardless of religious objections. They were voted down by the people by 76 percent. They don't have to vaccinate but if they choose that path they cannot have their children attend public school. This is for diseases other than flu.
Flu shots not only to protect yourself but everyone you come in contact with.

I only started getting them a few years ago after being sick for 4 weeks with a flu. A simple shot saves a whole lot of trouble.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I have a four litre container of isopropyl alcohol. Useful stuff.
Wet a kitchen wipe with iso and put it in a ziplock bag.
Yep! Very good!
My wife has dug out two old perfume vapourisers, emptied them and filled them with vodka. She kept the costume jewelry type one and gave me the plain white metal one.

They work very well, and the tiny residue of perfume is still noticeable when they spray on to hands, which I don't mind. ....... as long as @Revoltingest never gets to hear that I'm going to use a girlie type vapouriser. It might spoil my 'Me am Man' image! :p

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yep! Very good!
My wife has dug out two old perfume vapourisers, emptied them and filled them with vodka. She kept the costume jewelry type one and gave me the plain white metal one.

They work very well, and the tiny residue of perfume is still noticeable when they spray on to hands, which I don't mind. ....... as long as @Revoltingest never gets to hear that I'm going to use a girlie type vapouriser. It might spoil my 'Me am Man' image! :p
Ya know.....as I started to read your post,
I did indeed think of how girly you are.
It seems I'm quite predictable.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
This can result in others you come in contact with getting the flu if you catch it. I hope when you do contract a flu, you stay away from public spaces.

The reason why I keep my immune system strong is so that I don't get the flu.....you cannot vaccinate for the thousands of strains of the flu virus.....but you knew that right? I know so many people who had the vaccination but still got the flu. Both my mother and my late husband each got the flu shot some years ago at the recommendation of their doctors....and almost died. No thanks.....I will not have vaccinations that are untested and that have no real established benefits.

There is no better way to avoid the flu than to sanitize your hands, wash them thoroughly after you have been in public places and if you are concerned about getting sick, wear a mask. These are apparently becoming a fashion accessory now. :rolleyes:

We just had an anti-vaccine group try to repeal our new state law which requires all children who attended public schools to be vaccinated regardless of religious objections. They were voted down by the people by 76 percent. They don't have to vaccinate but if they choose that path they cannot have their children attend public school. This is for diseases other than flu.
Flu shots not only to protect yourself but everyone you come in contact with.

That is what they tell you.....but you do realize that there has been over $4 billion paid out to the victims of vaccinations that have gone wrong? Why was there a need to set up a "Vaccination Injury Compensation Scheme" if it was as safe as they say it is? Ask the parents of these children how safe they think vaccinations are?

They do not test kids before they jab them and for some families the vaccinations that were supposed to protect their child cost them their future health and in some cases, even their lives.....can you compensate for that with money?
Vaccines in themselves are not the main problem, but the additives like Thimerosal, are....and the fact that they inject so many viruses into a small body with an underdeveloped immune system. How many of us have multiple viruses at the same time? Any wonder it causes problems. Just because the majority survive it, doesn't mean much for the ones who don't.

"Thimerosal is a neurotoxin injected into infants

What happens when thimerosal is in the brain? Does thimerosal cause
damage? Can thimerosal (a neurotoxin) once it makes its way into the brain
of a fetus or a small newborn cause any damage?

There have been studies that show [3]Thimerosal does indeed cause DNA
Breaks. And there was a study done last year showing [4]thimerosal does
indeed interferes with folate-dependent methylation.

This is so important, YET the medical journals are not reporting on
this. My question is why?? Thimerosal does inhibit DNA Methylation which
can cause DNA Breaks on chromosomes.
Thimerosal is a neurotoxin injected into infants

Everyone has a right to bodily integrity. No one has a right to violate that against their will.

If vaccinations worked, then only unvaccinated people would be at risk. Think about that for a moment.....if your child is vaccinated, what threat does an unvaccinated child pose to them? And just because one is vaccinated for one strain of the virus doesn't mean they can't get a thousand others. Why do we need a new vaccine every year?

About 30,000 events are reported each year to "Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System". (VAERS) Between 10% and 15% of these reports describe serious medical events that result in hospitalization, life-threatening illness, disability, or death. What if your child was in that 10%-15%? Would you be happy to allow your next child to be vaccinated?

I only started getting them a few years ago after being sick for 4 weeks with a flu. A simple shot saves a whole lot of trouble.

If the flu shot works for you, then go ahead.....but it doesn't work for everyone and for infants particularly, filling their tiny bodies with multiple viruses all at once, laced with additives and the risk of unknown side effects, can cause more damage than never vaccinating them at all.

It is our right to refuse because of the health concerns. Autism is so prevalent now that it itself has become a global epidemic, with some families having multiple siblings all on the spectrum. This is a modern day medical emergency that coincides with the mass vaccination of infants. We ignore it at the risk of our children's lives.

file:///C:/Users/Jen/Downloads/1200-studies-The-Truth-Will-Prevail-3%20(1)%20graph.pdf

Some Nurses Are Personally Against Vaccines.

This is my personal opinion after doing a lot of research.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
***Mod Post***

Just a reminder: debates are not allowed in the Current Events forum.

(at all)

Watchmen

Premium Member
For those in the know, how does this coronavirus compare to SARS, swine flu, H1N1 and others? Is this the virus that will end the world and bring us to how things are in Stephen King’s The Stand?

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
The reason why I keep my immune system strong is so that I don't get the flu.....you cannot vaccinate for the thousands of strains of the flu virus.....but you knew that right? I know so many people who had the vaccination but still got the flu.
Yeah, but the flu the vaccinated aquire is not nearly as strong or debilitating.

You will get it eventually. I had the same attitude when I was young, strong, and ignorant. Hopefully it won't kill you or others you infect when you do get it.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
This is not a point of debate -- just something that needs to be said. Donald Trump said this on Hannity (on Fox):

"You never hear about those people. So you can't put them down in the category of the overall population in terms of this corona flu and — or virus. So you just can't do that," he continued. "So if, you know, we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better, just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work but they get better."

I'm sorry, but this is totally and diametrically opposed to everything that the medical profession has to say. I will not get into why he said it, or what he thinks he has to gain by saying it, but it must be said that ALL AMERICANS SHOULD TOTALLY IGNORE THOSE INCREDIBLY IGNORANT AND DANGEROUS COMMENTS!

If you feel ill, talk to your doctor. DO NOT GO TO WORK! That is how pandemics get underway. Self-isolate -- be kind to your fellow humans.

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
Today:

Coronavirus Cases:

view by country

Deaths: 3,356

Recoverd: 54,147

So what is happening with the "other" 37,505 people? Do you know? Maybe they are recovering. This is going to be a tough event to provide accurate numbers for I think.

I received my full face spray paint mask today. I need to spray a lot of things this summer. Also, I will need to rip out all of my moldy insulation out and replace it. So I need it.

And if the Corona does strike here and I need to get gas or groceries I should be all set. My heath may well do me in if I get it. But how can we avoid it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
So what is happening with the "other" 37,505 people? Do you know? Maybe they are recovering. This is going to be a tough event to provide accurate numbers for I think.

I received my full face spray paint mask today. I need to spray a lot of things this summer. Also, I will need to rip out all of my moldy insulation out and replace it. So I need it.

And if the Corona does strike here and I need to get gas or groceries I should be all set. My heath may well do me in if I get it. But how can we avoid it?
For those in the know, how does this coronavirus compare to SARS, swine flu, H1N1 and others? Is this the virus that will end the world and bring us to how things are in Stephen King’s The Stand?

I've been reading a lot of articles since this all started so I may be able to give some answers or at least provide some links but it'll have to wait until I can get to a desktop. Would be too much to do on a phone.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
D9F41254-B6F6-4BC5-8F25-BD4DF9ECC840.jpeg

74x12

Shanghai Government Officially Recommends Vitamin C for COVID-19

Shanghai Government Officially Recommends Vitamin C for COVID-19

Unfortunately, you need it in massive doses intravenously for it to really be effective. Vitamin pills from the store have low absorption rate. However, they may be better than nothing. I don't know.

Supposedly the vitamin C turns into H2O2 which of course is anti-viral and anti-bacterial. I am not sure why people don't just drink food grade hydrogen peroxide and have the same result ... But, I'm no expert. I still think it deserves more research.

Lypo-spheric Vit C is nano-tech that allows the Vit C to go directly into your blood stream. What's great is it has 99% absorption rate vs. your regular vitamins at the store which are much lower.

Lypo-Spheric™ Vitamin C by LivOn Labs

Last edited:

pearl

Question, who pays for testing? I have heard that insurance will pay, what do those do who are not insured? Do they get the bill which may be several hundred dollars?