• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

contact with a supernatural being?

InChrist

Free4ever
Two Questions:
  1. What would you call a person who is in contact with a demonic supernatural being? What type of person would attract a daemonic being?
  2. And what would you call a person who is in contact with a heavenly supernatural being? What kind of person would attract a heavenly being?
I ask because I am in contact with a supernatural being but can’t be sure whether it’s demonic or heavenly

It's got to be one or the other, surely?

I asked how to tell the difference, in this thread: Heavenly beings or Satanic beings? but I still don’t know, in spite of some helpful answers

But in this thread I'm not asking about the difference, I'm asking about what people think contact with a supernatural being (be it heavenly or daemonic) makes me - or would make anyone else, for that matter

Some say there is no difference, but I think I disagree on that, I think there is a difference between a daemonic and a heavenly being and that there is a conflict between the daemonic and the heavenly. I personally want to be on the heavenly side!

I would therefore welcome a heavenly spirit but want to shun a daemonic spirit

And yes, I'm aware of the belief that heavenly spirits no longer communicate with people, but I've debated that in another thread not long ago, so let's not do that again here :)
According to the Bible, unless the spiritual being is exalting the Savior Jesus Christ... it is a demon.
If it’s entertaining you, feeding your ego, making you feel good, or spiritual or turning your thoughts to anyone or anything other than Jesus Christ...it is a demon, not a messenger from God.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
so the entity you are in contact with, is it promoting service to self? or is it promoting service to all?

if it isn't promoting service to all, then you are dealing with a negative force

Wandering Monk

Two Questions:
  1. What would you call a person who is in contact with a demonic supernatural being? What type of person would attract a daemonic being?
  2. And what would you call a person who is in contact with a heavenly supernatural being? What kind of person would attract a heavenly being?
I ask because I am in contact with a supernatural being but can’t be sure whether it’s demonic or heavenly

I asked how to tell the difference, in this thread: Heavenly beings or Satanic beings? but I still don’t know, in spite of some helpful answers

But in this thread I'm not asking about the difference, I'm asking about what people think contact with a supernatural being (be it heavenly or daemonic) makes me - or would make anyone else, for that matter

Some say there is no difference, but I think I disagree on that, I think there is a difference between a daemonic and a heavenly being and that there is a conflict between the daemonic and the heavenly. I personally want to be on the heavenly side!

And yes, I'm aware of the belief that heavenly spirits no longer communicate with people, but I've debated that in another thread not long ago, so let's not do that again here :)

1. delusional
2. see 1

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
so the entity you are in contact with, is it promoting service to self? or is it promoting service to all?

if it isn't promoting service to all, then you are dealing with a negative force
That's odd, "service to all" includes service to negative forces.

Milton Platt

Two Questions:

I would call them mistaken. How did you determine that you were speaking with an entity of any kind in the first place, much less that they were a demon?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I would call them mistaken. How did you determine that you were speaking with an entity of any kind in the first place, much less that they were a demon?

The same way you determine if you're speaking with a particular "type" of human, quite frankly - life experience, cultural teachings/norms, and pattern recognition that's innate to all of us that helps us tell a fork from a spoon or a cat from a tree. It's not complicated. Or rather, it's only complicated in Western culture because it encourages plugging one's fingers in one's ears about these kinds of experiences. The result is a level of ignorance that makes for some... well... just imagine for a moment how someone's social skills would be if they did the equivalent towards humans. It's basically like that: really, really awful.

Zaha Torte

Two Questions:

I would call that person a person. Al of us are constantly in contact with spiritual beings of every ilk but remain unaware of the interaction.

Milton Platt

The same way you determine if you're speaking with a particular "type" of human, quite frankly - life experience, cultural teachings/norms, and pattern recognition that's innate to all of us that helps us tell a fork from a spoon or a cat from a tree. It's not complicated. Or rather, it's only complicated in Western culture because it encourages plugging one's fingers in one's ears about these kinds of experiences. The result is a level of ignorance that makes for some... well... just imagine for a moment how someone's social skills would be if they did the equivalent towards humans. It's basically like that: really, really awful.

No, I know I'm speaking to a person because I have seen tens of thousands of people over the course of my lifetime and can see them, touch them, and confirm through others that they can see and touch them. Ditto for a fork or a tree.