• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

contact with a supernatural being?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Two Questions:
  1. What would you call a person who is in contact with a demonic supernatural being? What type of person would attract a daemonic being?
  2. And what would you call a person who is in contact with a heavenly supernatural being? What kind of person would attract a heavenly being?
I ask because I am in contact with a supernatural being but can’t be sure whether it’s demonic or heavenly

It's got to be one or the other, surely?

I asked how to tell the difference, in this thread: Heavenly beings or Satanic beings? but I still don’t know, in spite of some helpful answers

But in this thread I'm not asking about the difference, I'm asking about what people think contact with a supernatural being (be it heavenly or daemonic) makes me - or would make anyone else, for that matter

Some say there is no difference, but I think I disagree on that, I think there is a difference between a daemonic and a heavenly being and that there is a conflict between the daemonic and the heavenly. I personally want to be on the heavenly side!

I would therefore welcome a heavenly spirit but want to shun a daemonic spirit

And yes, I'm aware of the belief that heavenly spirits no longer communicate with people, but I've debated that in another thread not long ago, so let's not do that again here :)

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Is there a third option you can think of?

The way I see it, is that it's God vs. Satan - only two factions

Unless you have some other idea?

Could be neither. Could be that you're not in contact with a supernatural being at all.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Is there a third option you can think of?

The way I see it, is that it's God vs. Satan - only two factions

If you adhere to an Abrahamic (particularly Christian) worldview, then you will interpret the otherworlds through that lens. I can't say any of my work with the otherworlds would be categorized in those terms, but then again, I'm also not a Christian. Our interactions with the otherworlds is very much impacted by cultural upbringing. It limits how we think about them, even though the otherworlds themselves are limitless. If you want to see only demons and angels, you'll only see demons and angels. To me, there are simply other worlds with denizens in that are several orders of magnitude more diverse than what you'll find in the apparent world. It definitely is not limited to Christian concepts of "angels" and "demons" any more than the humans you interact with in this world are limited to such dualisms.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Oh yeah? How so?
Well, first off, I believe in God and Satan and that they are engaged in a struggle

And I believe that beings that are subordinate to God and Satan exist and do stuff, that is related to the struggle between God and Satan

And that some such being has attached itself to me - but I am uncertain of its allegiance

I've been though some crazy stuff, had mad things happen to me

Unusual things still do happen to me. But hey, it's never boring!

Honestly, I think it's the best and most convincing explanation

But granted, this view requires having a certain world view which you may not share

So yeah, write me off as insane, that doesn't bother me

But I think you'd see differently if your feet were in my shoes

I for one am sick of being considered either a) a victim or b) unwell

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Two Questions:
  1. What would you call a person who is in contact with a demonic supernatural being? What type of person would attract a daemonic being?
  2. And what would you call a person who is in contact with a heavenly supernatural being? What kind of person would attract a heavenly being?

Honestly? Most probably deluded.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
If you adhere to an Abrahamic (particularly Christian) worldview, then you will interpret the otherworlds through that lens. I can't say any of my work with the otherworlds would be categorized in those terms, but then again, I'm also not a Christian. Our interactions with the otherworlds is very much impacted by cultural upbringing. It limits how we think about them, even though the otherworlds themselves are limitless. If you want to see only demons and angels, you'll only see demons and angels. To me, there are simply other worlds with denizens in that are several orders of magnitude more diverse than what you'll find in the apparent world. It definitely is not limited to Christian concepts of "angels" and "demons" any more than the humans you interact with in this world are limited to such dualisms.
Thank you for that, that's been really eye-opening!

Maybe the thing that bothers me is a denizen of an other-world and not a demon or an angel

Your world view is fascinating

Thanks for that :)

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Thank you for that, that's been really eye-opening!

Maybe the thing that bothers me is a denizen of an other-world and not a demon or an angel

Keep in mind by "otherworlds" I mean any realm that isn't the apparent world, or what most call the physical/tangible realm or what some think is the "real world" so to speak. The otherworlds is the realms of imagination, of ideas, of the subtle, of the spirt, of thought... what some dismiss as "not real" or do not take seriously in their lives. There's different ways to interpret it, honestly. But the way I am speaking about this, angels and demons would generally be considered inhabitants of otherworlds in that they are not directly part of the apparent/physical/tangible world that is studied by the sciences. Just to clarify. :D

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Keep in mind by "otherworlds" I mean any realm that isn't the apparent world, or what most call the physical/tangible realm or what some think is the "real world" so to speak. The otherworlds is the realms of imagination, of ideas, of the subtle, of the spirt, of thought... what some dismiss as "not real" or do not take seriously in their lives. There's different ways to interpret it, honestly. But the way I am speaking about this, angels and demons would generally be considered inhabitants of otherworlds in that they are not directly part of the apparent/physical/tangible world that is studied by the sciences. Just to clarify. :D
Very interesting!

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
So, in your opinion, to what extent do beings who are from other-worlds interact with people in this world?

If at all?

Is it plausible that one may chose to communicate with a person?

If so, what type of reasons may it have for doing so?

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, first off, I believe in God and Satan and that they are engaged in a struggle

And I believe that beings that are subordinate to God and Satan exist and do stuff, that is related to the struggle between God and Satan

And that some such being has attached itself to me - but I am uncertain of its allegiance

I've been though some crazy stuff, had mad things happen to me

Unusual things still do happen to me. But hey, it's never boring!

Honestly, I think it's the best and most convincing explanation

But granted, this view requires having a certain world view which you may not share

So yeah, write me off as insane, that doesn't bother me

But I think you'd see differently if your feet were in my shoes

I for one am sick of being considered either a) a victim or b) unwell

I didn't call you insane, Eddi. I do know you've said in the past that you've had some hallucinations and have believed in Sim Theory, that you're an angel, that a butterfly spirit is following you around, etc. So I just asked how you know that this "spirit" you're now in contact with is supernatural? It sounds similar to other experiences you've had that you now recognize you were wrong about. Doesn't it?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I didn't call you insane, Eddi. I do know you've said in the past that you've had some hallucinations and have believed in Sim Theory, that you're an angel, that a butterfly spirit is following you around, etc. So I just asked how you know that this "spirit" you're now in contact with is supernatural? It sounds similar to other experiences you've had that you now recognize you were wrong about. Doesn't it?
I believed all those crazy things you mentioned happened due to the influence of the being that haunts me

It's haunted me from 2004, it began when I was having a meal in Pizza Hut in Leamington-Spa!

I believe that I had to go through believing those things, to eliminate them as possibilities on my journey to.. well, my journey to wherever or whatever :D

I believe it influenced me to make me think mad things as kind of a teaching method

How else might one categorise such a being without calling it "supernatural"? Genuine question :)

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I believed all those crazy things you mentioned happened due to the influence of the being that haunts me

It's haunted me from 2004, it began when I was having a meal in Pizza Hut in Leamington-Spa!

I believe that I had to go through believing those things, to eliminate them as possibilities on my journey to.. well, my journey to wherever or whatever :D

I believe it influenced me to make me think mad things as kind of a teaching method

How else might one categorise such a being without calling it "supernatural"? Genuine question :)

Genuine answer: I'm not convinced you've actually encountered a "being" at all. Has anyone else seen it? Heard it? Have you caught it on video?