• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Considering becoming Noahide

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ifn you can decide what you believe, there's
nothing to accomplishing any level of self deception.
An advantage of being an atheist is that even
if there are thrice or a third as many gods as
I believe, I'm still really really close.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It comes from an observation of life experiences that there is a single divine order to the universe.
Is there a single order? We have quantum mechanics
vs general relativity. We have what's called dark energy
vs dark matter. And who knows what new confusing
phenomena await discovery?
What if that singular origin is a committee of several?
Being gods, we could expect them to act in unison.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Is there a single order? We have quantum mechanics
vs general relativity. We have what's called dark energy
vs dark matter. And who knows what new confusing
phenomena await discovery?
Yes, the tension between opposing forces and ideas is viewed as part of the same divine system.
What if that singular origin is a committee of several?
Being gods, we could expect them to act in unison.
These divergent powers would be viewed as attributes and/or agents of a single God.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes, the tension between opposing forces and ideas is viewed as part of the same divine system.
Opposing forces, eh.
Sounds like the gods struggle against each other.
These divergent powers would be viewed as attributes and/or agents of a single God.
Or instead, a single cabal.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I believe in One God.

I believe in reincarnation.

The only abrahamic religion who believe in reincarnation is Judaism.

Now i consider becoming a Noahide. I also consider hinduism or buddism but in my heart I believe only in one God.

Any thoughts?
I also like Hinduism, Buddhism and God

Of course there is "1 God" in Hinduism too
1 God manifesting in many forms
Unity in Diversity

In Hinduism you are also free to use all the Scriptures (because, as there is 1 God, all Scriptures are His) on your Path to Self (God) Realization
@stvdvRF

firedragon

Veteran Member
I believe in One God.

Now i consider becoming a Noahide. I also consider hinduism or buddism but in my heart I believe only in one God.

Any thoughts?

I think you should listen to an educated Jew, a Hindu, and a Buddhist. See what is more rational to you and then embrace it.

Clara Tea

It comes from an observation of life experiences that there is a single divine order to the universe.

Clara Tea's opinion:

Ancient Jews were polytheists. Christians spun off of the Jewish religion. Muslims spun off of the Christian and Jewish religions. I presume that it is the same God for all.

Wouldn't it stand to reason that there are many Gods, but the ancient Jews didn't want to offend the most powerful one (the jealous one that would damn you to hell for all eternity in the fires of hell), so they picked the most powerful of the many Gods?

If this is so, then Christians and Muslims should also believe in many Gods.

Jesus mentioned the worship of Baals in the Middle East. They worshipped the kitchen god, and even the God of the Flies. Baal means God. Zebub means flies. Thus, Baalzebub is Lord of the Flies. We spell it Beelzebub (Satan). Baal Zebub was known to be a prankster who tried to fool humans. He was worshipped as a powerful being, though thought to be mischievous or perhaps a bit evil. One doesn't want to offend powerful evil entitites unless one has a hankering for lightning bolts on one's lower back.

How can Christians believe anything but the Jewish bible? After all, God knew the future, and wrote the old testament. I believe that the new testament is a new message for a new people (Christians), and they don't have to follow the Jewish bible (except certain parts like the 10 commandments). So, it isn't that God didn't know the future, it is that God wanted different people to behave differently. Think of how harmful Christians could be (in control of nukes) if they decided not to turn the other cheek or avoid killing.

According to ancient Jews, there were many levels of heaven. One is purgatory (the name sounds like purge). It was where human traits were purged. It was not hell, nor was it the best heaven, it was a holding place. The idea was that cigar smoking, cussing, drinking, gambling souls shouldn't get into heaven, but there should be a place to train them to be better souls before reaching the hallowed grounds of the main heaven.

Even some Christians believe that there is an evil soul, Satan, and many evil souls (demons). Revelation is about two such evil souls who took political control (and religious control) of the most powerful nation in the world (according to Revelation 17:18), and attacked Babylon, Iraq twice. According to the bible, first the dragon formed a coalition of many nations in mere hours, then the dragon attacked Iraq, then, according to the bible, President Bill Clinton became president, then the beast became president and attacked Babylon, Iraq a second time. According to the bible, the tank shells lit of the skies with their fire (something that they didn't have in the days when they wrote Revelation). This is how the bible phrases it....

the administration that was, and is no more (that is, the Bush Sr. administration ended and the administration of President Bill Clinton began).

Is again (that is, the W. Bush administration began....it is a carry over of the same ideas as his father, the dragon).

According to the bible, the beast is the son of the dragon, and they both come from the lake of fire of the bottomless pit of hell.

It is ironic that the sun is as hot as hell. Could it be hell?

When all of the planets align, that puts the greatest gravitational stress on the sun, and that might be a time when souls could escape, just as the bible says. That was in the 1700's. But, that date, by the Coptic (Egyptian) calender, when all of the planets align, is the year 666. Is that a hint that when planets align, demons are released? The next time planets aligned (just the biggest 8, excluding the planetessimal) was right before the war in Iraq. That is perfect timing for the release of demons.

Is it a coincidence that the ancient Mayans predicted the end of the world soon? They made a calendar on their temple, denoting events in their history, and even wrote down future events (which did transpire). But, suddenly their calendar ends, with the prediction that a dragon will destroy the world.

Is it a coincidence that ancient Chinese predictions say that a dragon will end the world?

Maybe the dragons of middle America (Aztec and Mayan) are from the Chinese culture. Some ancient Olmec artifacts look distinctively Asian, and some look like Negros (the giant stone heads). Some Aztec artifacts depict elephants (extinct in the Americas for 17,000 years, coinciding with mankind crossing the land bridge of Beringia).

For years, archaologists have argued that there is no evidence that ancient Chinese crossed the 58 miles from Russian islands to American islands. Yet, now, they found an ancient Chinese settlement with a brass buckle (determined to be from a mining region of China, where smelting occurred), dated to about 1100 AD. Ancient Chinese myths told of a sailor who made it to this new world. Maybe that is how such myths made it from China to America?

Looking at the Atlantic ocean, it seems odd that ancient Polynesian sailors could make it 2/3 fo the way across the vast Atlantic ocean, and not go the extra 1/3 of the ocean and notice then entire continent of South America. They found tiny Easter Island, isolated in water, but couldn't find a huge continent????

Could ancient news of Jesus have traveled to the Americas?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So boring to be God, all alone.
And nothing to look foreward to.
That's why he'd have his ant human farm.
Although it seems irrational to create such
miserable, low, unintelligent creatures to
worship him....not very satisfying I'd think.

Audie

Veteran Member
That's why he'd have his ant human farm.
Although it seems irrational to create such
miserable, low, unintelligent creatures to
worship him....not very satisfying I'd think.
Esp ifn you know every microsecond,
every atom of everything they will do
before theys born.*

I dont even like praise.
Its why i dont get any

* does " ifn" and " theys" sound like authentic cowboy talk?

Last edited:

rational experiences

Veteran Member
The human teaching.

A human the species human is one of its owned species of two bodies human on earth.

One type one species.

A human has human sex one body ova produces two of either human in sex. Magic says a man body.

Sex he said inherits human sin. A baby. So you aren't reincarnated youre Inherited by sex. Your DNA body was recreated by sex only. You remember you lived before.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I believe in One God.

Any thoughts?
Noahidism is a fabulous religion. You have your belief in the one God of Abraham, and you have seven categories of Laws to obey. Very basic, but it has all the essentials. Good luck to you.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Noahidism is a fabulous religion. You have your belief in the one God of Abraham, and you have seven categories of Laws to obey. Very basic, but it has all the essentials. Good luck to you.
According to my understanding Noahides don't believe in universalism, is that understanding correct?

@Starlight may believe that all religious believers including idol-worshipping ones such as Hinduism will attain salvation.

I sense a possible catch.

Clara Tea

I believe in One God.

Any thoughts?

Opinion of Clara Tea (unless quoting another source):

RE: JEWS BELIEVINIG IN REINCARNATION:

People hate what they don't understand. People don't want to understand what they hate. It is a circular dilemma. Many hate Jews, and anything that distinguishes Jews (true or not) is yet another reason to hate them. We have to remember that the Christian religion is the religion of hate....They hate Jews, Gays, etc. Only Italians were allowed to be popes for centuries, and they got to change the bible the way they wanted it. One must support guns to run for offices supported by the Religious Right (war hero Kerry, who hunted during the campaign, didn't support killing devices as much as they wanted). Christians supported war in Iraq without proof that they were tied to terrorism. Sure, the Vatican (pope) issued a powerful See to the US, admonishing war in Iraq, but most Christians in the US backed their president (and his torture camps in Iraq, Cuba, and other locales).

Gilgul - Wikipedia

"Today, reincarnation is an esoteric belief within many streams of modern Judaism, but is not an essential tenet of traditional Judaism. It is not mentioned in traditional classical sources such as the Hebrew Bible, the classical rabbinic works (Mishnah and Talmud), or Maimonides' 13 principles of faith." (Source: Wikipedia....above).

RE: CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS BELIEVING IN REINCARNATION:

Reincarnation - Wikipedia

"Although the majority of denominations within Christianity and Islam do not believe that individuals reincarnate, particular groups within these religions do refer to reincarnation; these groups include the mainstream historical and contemporary followers of Cathars, Alawites, the Druze,[9] and the Rosicrucians.[10] The historical relations between these sects and the beliefs about reincarnation that were characteristic of Neoplatonism, Orphism, Hermeticism, Manichaenism, and Gnosticism of the Roman era as well as the Indian religions have been the subject of recent scholarly research.[11] In recent decades, many Europeans and North Americans have developed an interest in reincarnation,[12] and many contemporary works mention it." (Source: Wikipedia....above)

Clara Teas's opinion: Christians believe that Christ rose from the grave (I would call that His 2nd coming), and then will make a second coming (I would call that His 3rd coming). So, Christ reincarnated, and all Christians believe this.

Clara Tea's opinion: The famous psychic, Edgar Cayce, was a devout Christian, but, in trances, he spoke of past lives (reincarnation) and aliens from outer space.

Edgar Cayce - Wikipedia

"Cayce was told by Lammers that, while in his trance state, he spoke of Lammers' past lives and of reincarnation"......"reading 4841–1, given April 22, 1911, Cayce referred to the soul being "transmigrated" ...."
  • [URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerminara,_Gina']Cerminara, Gina
  • . Many Mansions: The Edgar Cayce Story on Reincarnation. orig. 1950, Signet Book, reissue edition 1990, ISBN 0-451-16817-8"
(Sources: Wikipedia, above).[/URL]

Flankerl

Noahidism is a fabulous religion

By definition it isn't a Religion but an outlier for non-Jews along Judaism.

Also as far as I am aware the Chazal stipulated that they aren't allowed to organise on their own.

Which is also why Islam isn't a valid replacement for the 7 Laws.
Along all the other huge issues.

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
According to my understanding Noahides don't believe in universalism, is that understanding correct?

@Starlight may believe that all religious believers including idol-worshipping ones such as Hinduism will attain salvation.

I sense a possible catch.
I believe all religious believers is saved. (All people who are good, kind. All people who has a good heart). Which religion a person follow does not matter.