• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Considering becoming Noahide

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
I believe in One God.

I believe in reincarnation.

The only abrahamic religion who believe in reincarnation is Judaism.

Now i consider becoming a Noahide. I also consider hinduism or buddism but in my heart I believe only in one God.

Any thoughts?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I believe in One God.

Now i consider becoming a Noahide. I also consider hinduism or buddism but in my heart I believe only in one God.

Any thoughts?

Talk to @Rival

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I believe in One God.

Any thoughts?
How does one decide on the quantity of gods?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Since you have suffered a great deal this life, you would probably not suffer as much in the next
That's the promise, but Baha'is do not believe in reincarnation. We believe that we go to a spiritual world or worlds.

“O My servants! Sorrow not if, in these days and on this earthly plane, things contrary to your wishes have been ordained and manifested by God, for days of blissful joy, of heavenly delight, are assuredly in store for you. Worlds, holy and spiritually glorious, will be unveiled to your eyes. You are destined by Him, in this world and hereafter, to partake of their benefits, to share in their joys, and to obtain a portion of their sustaining grace. To each and every one of them you will, no doubt, attain.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 329

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
That's the promise, but Baha'is do not believe in reincarnation. We believe that we go to a spiritual world or worlds.

“O My servants! Sorrow not if, in these days and on this earthly plane, things contrary to your wishes have been ordained and manifested by God, for days of blissful joy, of heavenly delight, are assuredly in store for you. Worlds, holy and spiritually glorious, will be unveiled to your eyes. You are destined by Him, in this world and hereafter, to partake of their benefits, to share in their joys, and to obtain a portion of their sustaining grace. To each and every one of them you will, no doubt, attain.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 329
Yes i know :) i am reading up on Baha'i teaching these days

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Many seem to have decided on the number first.
But even those with the quantity assigned by the
religion might wonder why a particular number.
It comes from an observation of life experiences that there is a single divine order to the universe.

Flankerl

According to the Noachide POV you're already a Noachide ;)

Well perhaps. You don't know OP feels about idols, adultery or eating live animals.
I won't mention murder, theft because most people generally don't do it and there should be a court system in place where OP lives.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Well perhaps. You don't know OP feels about idols, adultery or eating live animals.
I won't mention murder, theft because most people generally don't do it and there should be a court system in place where OP lives.
I meant the idea that every non-Jew is considered, within Judaism, a Ben/Bat Noach and is still part of the covenant.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I meant the idea that every non-Jew is considered, within Judaism, a Ben/Bat Noach and is still part of the covenant.
Philosophically that's true, but practically-halachically it's of course more complicated as I'm sure you know. That's why, for example, there are different laws for idol-worshippers in Israel and Gerim Toshavim (Noachides living in the Land of Israel).