• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Considering becoming Noahide

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
Well perhaps. You don't know OP feels about idols, adultery or eating live animals.
I won't mention murder, theft because most people generally don't do it and there should be a court system in place where OP lives.
I¨m against eating animals alive. To eat animals alive is evil.

btw i am vegatarian. I¨m also against adultery

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Using high precision digital counters.
OIP.jYk4X4BvVjAiuK7bKL5shgHaFD

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I believe in One God.

I believe in reincarnation.

The only abrahamic religion who believe in reincarnation is Judaism.

Now i consider becoming a Noahide. I also consider hinduism or buddism but in my heart I believe only in one God.

Any thoughts?
Buddhism doesn't have a view of god, so you can add whichever theology you want to it.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
By definition it isn't a Religion but an outlier for non-Jews along Judaism.

Also as far as I am aware the Chazal stipulated that they aren't allowed to organise on their own.

Which is also why Islam isn't a valid replacement for the 7 Laws.
Along all the other huge issues.
I'm not an expert on Noahidism, but I can't think of a single congregation. I have known Noahides that join Jews in worshiping in the synagogue. Others are simply loners. I have known many converts to Judaism that chose to convert rather than remain Noahide simply because being Jewish means having a community.

I seem to recall having read a sage that considered Muslims to be noahides. But also read articles that said no.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
I believe in One God.

I believe in reincarnation.

The only abrahamic religion who believe in reincarnation is Judaism.

Now i consider becoming a Noahide. I also consider hinduism or buddism but in my heart I believe only in one God.

Any thoughts?
I don't see reincarnation in Judaism at all. Where did you get that impression?

Noahide is not a religion, it is following seven laws given to Noah supposedly.

Noahidism - Wikipedia

The seven commandments of the Noahic Covenant enumerated in the Babylonian Talmud (Avodah Zarah 8:4, Sanhedrin 56a-b) are:[6][7][12][13]

1. Do not worship idols.[6][7][12][13]
  2. Do not curse God.[6][7][12][13]
  3. Do not murder.[6][7][12][13]
  4. Do not commit adultery or sexual immorality.[6][7][12][13]
  5. Do not steal.[6][7][12][13]
  6. Do not eat flesh torn from a living animal.[6][7][12][13]
  7. Establish courts of justice.
I've never read the Talmud, and unlike the Bible I do not consider it authorative.

Talmud - Wikipedia

The Talmud (/ˈtɑːlmʊd, -məd, ˈtæl-/; Hebrew: תַּלְמוּד Tálmūḏ) is the central text of Rabbinic Judaism and the primary source of Jewish religious law (halakha) and Jewish theology.[1][2] Until the advent of modernity, in nearly all Jewish communities, the Talmud was the centerpiece of Jewish cultural life and was foundational to "all Jewish thought and aspirations", serving also as "the guide for the daily life" of Jews.

The guide was supposed to be the laws of Moses and the preaching's of the Prophets after Him. Then people were were supposed to interpret these for themselves.

The Talmud, if I understand it's significance, was written by rabbis to tell them what to think.

I don't want to hurt your feelings, but this is how I see it.

Truthseeker

The whole reincarnation idea within Judaism is rather varied and means different things to different people.
It certainly isn't reincarnation in the sense in which it was born on the Indian subcontinent.
Really, there';s some form of reincarnation belief in Judaism? Based on what? I doubt that's it's the Bible.

Truthseeker

I believe all religious believers is saved. (All people who are good, kind. All people who has a good heart). Which religion a person follow does not matter.
It is a combination of recognizing the Prophets and a good spirituality and deeds. Nobody knows how God sees each person in the light of those factors above.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I've never read the Talmud, and unlike the Bible I do not consider it authorative.
The Talmud, if I understand it's significance, was written by rabbis to tell them what to think.

I don't want to hurt your feelings, but this is how I see it.
So you're basing your understanding of Judaism on a couple of Wikipedia pages? How would you feel if I based my understanding of Baha'i on merely a couple of Wikipedia pages?

Truthseeker

So you're basing your understanding of Judaism on a couple of Wikipedia pages? How would you feel if I based my understanding of Baha'i on merely a couple of Wikipedia pages?
The Baha'i Faith recognizes Prophets as being authorative, not fallible men. This is what I suspect, but do not know. I may be wrong. It is just my opinion. The writers of Chronicles, etc. are not reliable, either, in my view.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
The Baha'i Faith recognizes Prophets as being authorative, not fallible men. This is what I suspect, but do not know. I may be wrong. It is just my opinion. The writers of Chronicles, etc. are not reliable, either, in my view.
How does this answer my question?

Truthseeker

How does this answer my question?
I did not give a good answer to your question. It was late at night, I was tired, and I gave a short answer. In the Book of Certitude by Baha'u'llah, He says that the religious leaders of the past have always, through a combination of ignorance and lust of power, have always kept their followers from following the next Revelation. This would include the Jewish leaders. For this reason, in the Baha'i Faith, there is no clergy as such. This is the source of my view of Jewish leaders. I don't know the Talmud. I think there may be a number a different opinions about the Jewish scriptures, and in that book, the Jewish followers are free to pick and choose among the different opinions. If so, the Talmud is not a "bad" book.

Anyway, the above and what Jesus and the Qur'an said about Jewish leaders is the source of my negative comments about Jewish leaders.