• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Comrade Biden threatens to shut down all coal plants in America.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Then instead of talking about shutting them down, talk about replacements and work on that plan. Don't put the cart before the horse.
He was quoted inaccurately. He said we are going to be shutting down . . . That implies some time in the future. He also mentioned the wind plants that would be replacing them. Clearly he cannot shut down the coal plants until the wind farms are up and running.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
If all coal plants were shut down tomorrow, could we produce the electricity we need every day? 24/7?
Look at California and the consistent rolling blackouts and telling people not to charge their cars or use their ACs.

Obviously the answer is a solid resounding no!

Twilight Hue

He was quoted inaccurately. He said we are going to be shutting down . . . That implies some time in the future. He also mentioned the wind plants that would be replacing them. Clearly he cannot shut down the coal plants until the wind farms are up and running.
Wind farms are crap. They are not going to be supplying an entire state. Plus people don't want them built in their backyard either.

Twilight Hue

It is, even, contrary to public belief, in the US.

Data%20Book%201_1.png

While the federal government (and more so the GOP) is hostile to green energy, the states are embarrassing them by implementing wind and solar on a big scale.
Just watch. People's electricity bills won't go down. In fact they will increase.

esmith

Veteran Member
Another nothingburger from one who posts every time Biden puts his foot in his mouth but stays silent when Trump lies, steals, cheats and make stupid remarks.
Why should I? I think there are more than enough of those on this forum that handle that quite well.....but very few of us that keep you informed about Biden's faults.

esmith

Veteran Member

Twilight Hue

That sounds like a very learned claim.

Do you have any evidence for this, or is it just utter ignorance as usual?
Yea. It's a fact. Show me a state with no coal and all wind and solar power and I'll believe ya and admit I'm wrong.

For now, however, your just full of hot air.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
If all coal plants were shut down tomorrow, could we produce the electricity we need every day? 24/7?
Since it says a phased shut-down over 10-15 years....that is certainly not the plan. I said that I hoped that the shut down happened in accordance to this plan, not overnight. Furthermore, in many cases, the power plant is not being shut down. It is being converted to burn natural gas instead, which emits less CO2 and pollutants per unit of energy produced.
More than 100 coal-fired plants have been replaced or converted to natural gas since 2011

Heyo

Veteran Member

esmith

Veteran Member
I think windmills would do very well in Democrat states since they are full of hot air.:D

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yea. It's a fact. Show me a state with no coal and all wind and solar power and I'll believe ya and admit I'm wrong.

For now, however, your just full of hot air.
That is not "evidence". We know who is full of hot air here. You keep making utterly ignorant claims because you do not like the government doing something and then yo can never justify those beliefs.

Think about it. Why would any rational person ever believe you when it comes to politics?

Twilight Hue

That is not "evidence". We know who is full of hot air here. You keep making utterly ignorant claims because you do not like the government doing something and then yo can never justify those beliefs.

Think about it. Why would any rational person ever believe you when it comes to politics?
I stay with reality. Not some fantastical leftest insulated echo chamber comprising unrealistic and impractical forced and mandated agendas.

That coming red wave will prove who are the rational ones because they experienced first hand what Democrats are all about, and what they actually do to people.

Twilight Hue

Your backyard is the perfect place for windmills.
I dunno why the speel over the lake is such a contention.

Probably because the proposed eyesore won't benefit anyone locally or ever lower electricity costs for the nearby residents living there.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
What question was that? I have so many alerts it's hard to keep up sometimes.

It was post #12 in this thread. I'll repeat the question for you:

Do you believe in safety standards? For example, do you think it's a good idea that we have trained engineers designing and approving the construction of bridges and cars and electrical systems in our homes?