• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Comrade Biden threatens to shut down all coal plants in America.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member

[Standing ovation]

I support anything that reduces fossil fuel consumption. I support rising gas prices, supply reduction, pilot shortages, people working from home, people moving closer to work, people being forced to carpool, staycations, solar panels.

Rejoice comrades at how the deep state is poised to destroy people's businesses and livelihoods!

Yes, I do rejoice.

Sorry, guys, but if you work in a coal mine, you're a dinosaur working on borrowed time at best. If that job disappears from the earth, there may be some positions still available for them in buggy whip manufacturing in Louisville KY, or working at the Wheeling WV Blockbuster.

And if you're an owner, I couldn't care less what befalls you or how much money you lose.

I could see any one of your threads and know that you wrote the OP. You have a competitor here who is just as slavishly in service as a passive vector of conservative indoctrination, but he hasn't picked up all of the jargon like you have. It should seem strange that a supporter of the Republicans has a problem with authoritarian regimes like the Soviet Union. Or do they? Putin is the same man as when the Republicans called people like him Communists. Now, they admire and emulate him.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Biden Vows to Shut Down Coal Plants ‘All Across America’

Our great Supreme leader in a firey speech to take control of the means of production threatens the coal industry.

Rejoice comrades at how the deep state is poised to destroy people's businesses and livelihoods!

Hail to our glorious supreme chairman who like China is the one and only true authority in all the land.

One leader, one voice, one authority!
Yes, unfortunately many people are stupid and saying what is obviously true can possibly cost you some votes.

Was there anything wrong with what Biden said? I find it ironic that now that you are complaining when Biden is right.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yeah. Kind of surprising he said what he did just a few days before an important election. A lot of battleground states are pro-coal.
Yes, people can be shortsighted that way. That is the sort of speech that should be done after an election. People are better able to handle uncomfortable truths then.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Consider....
Burning coal is a public health issue, causing
more deaths per KW than any other power
generation method. Deaths are due to toxicity
of mining & burning.
So ditching coal is reasonable. The issue is
what Biden intends regarding replacing coal.
There must be a reasonable plan.

This is a libertarian issue, given that we have
beneficiaries of burning coal passing some
high costs (death & infirmity) on to others.

Absolutely!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yep.

It's the classic I love green energy. Just not in my backyard.

Langworthy Pledges To Oppose Lake Erie Wind Project
Wow! smh . . . I would love to hear some of his "reasons". Offshore wind has not dropped in price as fast as onshore wind, but it is still cheaper than coal and getting cheaper as the technology develops. Meanwhile there is not much new money saving technology in coal. The price of coal based energy has been pretty much constant. Meanwhile the biggest winner is solar power. Solar power used to be extremely expensive. It dropped by a factor of 99.6% since 1976 and 89% in the last ten years. The following article explains why and how renewable energy dropped in price:

Why did renewables become so cheap so fast?

Watchmen

Premium Member
Serious question. I truly don’t know. Renewable is now cheaper than coal, but can we feasibly power the world with renewable? In other words, can renewable sources provide sufficient energy?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Serious question. I truly don’t know. Renewable is now cheaper than coal, but can we feasibly power the world with renewable? In other words, can renewable sources provide sufficient energy?
Yes. There is more than enough available. The problem is that infrastructure can take a long time to build. We don't have enough today, not by a long shot. But no one is proposing shutting down coal plants today. There is no need to build new coal plants. That was the main point.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Because it's not happening.
It is, even, contrary to public belief, in the US.

Data%20Book%201_1.png

While the federal government (and more so the GOP) is hostile to green energy, the states are embarrassing them by implementing wind and solar on a big scale.