• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Come one; come all!

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Sorry, GC...I owe you some frubal hits. I'll remember tomorrow. What is your name, btw? So sorry I don't know that. :eek:

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
From what I have heard, it is VERY bad behind the scenes. There has always been some rather bad stuff behind the scenes here, but it seems to have gotten worse.
All forums have their share of discord. That's life. But it's absurd to suggest, as has been done, that it's no worse than usual right now, or that it's the members who are noting the problem that are causing the problem.

I'm not saying there aren't problems Luke, it's just that most of what I'm hearing from people is, "I'm upset over people leaving...so I'm leaving".
that doesn't make any sense to me.
Funny, which posts are you reading? I think I've read every "I'm leaving" post, and I'm hearing, "I'm upset with the mod/admin process... so I'm leaving."

Would you like me to collect the "I'm leaving" posts so we can compare notes?

It doesn't make any since to me either. If people complain and desire change, leaving will never bring it about.
True, but you have to believe that it's still possible.

Hey, I'm still here. ;)

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
All forums have their share of discord. That's life. But it's absurd to suggest, as has been done, that it's no worse than usual right now, or that it's the members who are noting the problem that are causing the problem.

Yes, that is absurd. Show me where anyone's doing that.

Funny, which posts are you reading? I think I've read every "I'm leaving" post, and I'm hearing, "I'm upset with the mod/admin process... so I'm leaving.

Would you like me to collect the "I'm leaving" posts so we can compare notes?

Knock yourself out. But do me a favor and use the actual quotes rather than creative paraphrases.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Knock yourself out. But do me a favor and use the actual quotes rather than creative paraphrases.
I had fully intended to do that. :rolleyes:

From gnomon:

(unfortunately, I can't directly quote it since the thread is locked but you can look it up and see I haven't altered any of the words.)

"To be quite frank, you can just add me to the permanently banned list and I would appreciate a complete removal from the servers of my posts. I work in management in a retail service that deals face to face with the customers and employees that make up the communities and I'm frankly offended by the **** poor quality of this situation that qualifies as forum management.

"I've witnessed far larger forums with far more contentious issues handle these situations better and considering that Danisty is permanently banned (apparent lack of knowledge by forum management showing otherwise:rolleyes:) as well as members such as Solon, a very intelligent and challenging poster, was banned you can count me out as well....."

From DarkPenguin:
"I'll second that, I want removing too.
The way this is being handled and covered up makes me sick to my stomach. The new owners/admin seem to be forgetting that it's us, the people, who make forums work. So why are we being kept in the dark about changes/disagreements at the top?"

From Jaymes:
There was a time when I was very proud to have served RF as a moderator and a supermoderator, ...

You'll note everything in that paragraph is past tense. I was very proud, I loved RF...

This isn't the RF I knew and loved. When I left the smod team, I was told I was welcome to come back any time... now I'm sad to say I wouldn't come back if I was paid.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Is this the level of discussion we can now expect from Mods/Smods, Quagmire? I take it you are not terribly familiar with Lilithu. You see, she is perhaps more anal about details than I am and that IS saying a lot. If she says something, you can pretty well take it to the bank. Likewise she is not given to using "creative paraphrases" as you so eloquently put it. Methinks it is time for a reality check.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I had fully intended to do that. :rolleyes:

From gnomon:

(unfortunately, I can't directly quote it since the thread is locked but you can look it up and see I haven't altered any of the words.)

"To be quite frank, you can just add me to the permanently banned list and I would appreciate a complete removal from the servers of my posts. I work in management in a retail service that deals face to face with the customers and employees that make up the communities and I'm frankly offended by the **** poor quality of this situation that qualifies as forum management.

"I've witnessed far larger forums with far more contentious issues handle these situations better and considering that Danisty is permanently banned (apparent lack of knowledge by forum management showing otherwise:rolleyes:) as well as members such as Solon, a very intelligent and challenging poster, was banned you can count me out as well....."

From DarkPenguin:
"I'll second that, I want removing too.
The way this is being handled and covered up makes me sick to my stomach. The new owners/admin seem to be forgetting that it's us, the people, who make forums work. So why are we being kept in the dark about changes/disagreements at the top?"

From Jaymes:

I would appreciate it if you answered my first question first, since it's in reference to a cpl of those creative paraphrases I'm talking about.

In reference to the rest of this;

I'll give you your first reference.
The second one just proves my point.
The third is unfounded speculation.
And the last one by Jaymes doesn't do anything to support or refute either of our points.

Most of the posts I've seen by Mods and Smods who've resigned recently (and please note that I said "most") listed their main reasons as time constraints and other issues having to do with their personal lives. If they said anything at all about administrative issues is was as a footnote.

You're free to read whatever you want into anyone's explainations but I'd just as soon afford them the respect of taking what they say at face value unless or until they themselves give me a reason to do otherwise.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Well, I wasn't there that one night, so I missed all the action, but I must say, it did kick in with large posts and activities here...

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
I would appreciate it if you answered my first question first, since it's in reference to a cpl of those creative paraphrases I'm talking about.
Given that the quotes I provided were about as compelling as can be, imo, and yet you still nitpick at them, I figured there was no point in quoting for the first question. Believe what you want. Insinuate what you want. I am confident to let my words stand and let other people decide how "creative" they are.

I'm not sure whether and why you are taking it personally that people are unhappy with the mod/admin process. If anything, the general mood seems to be sympathy for mods who are seen as caught in a tight situation.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Most of the posts I've seen by Mods and Smods who've resigned recently (and please note that I said "most") listed their main reasons as time constraints and other issues having to do with their personal lives.

"Most" = 2
"The rest" = 5

I suggest a crash course in mathematics.

If they said anything at all about administrative issues is was as a footnote.
Perhaps people were merely honouring a promise they'd made.

Perhaps they were trying to avoid having their heads handed to them on a plate... again.

You won't know, because we cannot say openly, and after reading this tripe quite frankly I wouldn't tell you 5 years from now on email after we'd both moved on from here.

You're free to read whatever you want into anyone's explainations but I'd just as soon afford them the respect of taking what they say at face value unless or until they themselves give me a reason to do otherwise.
My face value has a great deal more content than yours does.

Your spin control efforts are duly noted.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
This is all so junior high.

I think you just summed up everything I've been trying to say.

Given that the quotes I provided were about as compelling as can be, imo, and yet you still nitpick at them, I figured there was no point in quoting for the first question.

Um, actually, I brought up the fact that you ignored my first question before I started nitpicting you're compelling examples, so your explaination doesn't make any sense.

Believe what you want. Insinuate what you want. I am confident to let my words stand and let other people decide how "creative" they are.

I'm confident that most of the people in here are level headed enough to do just that.

I'm not sure whether and why you are taking it personally that people are unhappy with the mod/admin process. If anything, the general mood seems to be sympathy for mods who are seen as caught in a tight situation.

I'm not just a mod, I'm a member, and right now I'm just throwing my 2 cents in like everybody else.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Um, actually, I brought up the fact that you ignored my first question before I started nitpicting you're compelling examples, so your explaination doesn't make any sense.
It's called anticipating your response. I thought it highly unlikely that you would agree with my response to your first question. If there were any possibility that you would concede that I had a point, it would be to the second question, so I figured we should start there.

I'm confident that most of the people in here are level headed enough to do just that.
Well then, we'll just leave it at that.

I'm not just a mod, I'm a member, and right now I'm just throwing my 2 cents in like everybody else.
No one is questioning your right to voice your opinion. I'm just wondering why you're so hostile to the feelings being voiced by your fellow members.