• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Come one; come all!

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I'm saying it is healthy. Then again there is a point arrived at when "benevolent" administrators might decide dissent in unhealthy as the current situation exhibits. As usual, it is necessary to find the middle way. ;)

And the community comment was for anyone who might think their participation here is virtual.
Ahhh, gotcha. ;) It goes without saying I agree.

Cynic

I owned a forum once (I was the original owner). Let me tell ya, I was discussing matters with a fellow admin, because he was making decisions without my consultation. He went around raising hell, trying to make me look like an authoritarian dictator, simply because I tried to put my foot down. It not only ruined my reputation as the owner, but now the community and forum no longer exists.
I don't know whats been happening lately, I really have no clue. There have been many changes. Sure it can feel a little unsettling. But all I know is that I'd really hate to see people go when it is unnecessary.

standing_alone

I can't speak for standing_alone, FFH, but I'm very much dealing with it. I'm dealing with it by refusing to put up with it anymore. :)

Indeed.

Buttercup said:
Personally, I think it's best to let people air their gripes openly and get them out of the way. Only then can we move forward, imo.

Exactly, and that's my true intent for this thread; for people to air their gripes. Since the thread for questions was closed, people need a place to say what they need, hence I created this.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
If all you've been given is one side of the story from someone who's obviously upset...
Sorry, but if all we've been given is one side of the story who's fault is that?

And Danisty clearly isn't/wasn't the only one upset. She's just the one who was most vocal about it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Ya know guys, I think threads and posts like these are probably causing more damage than anything that's actually happening behind the scenes.
From what I have heard, it is VERY bad behind the scenes. There has always been some rather bad stuff behind the scenes here, but it seems to have gotten worse. Loosing several mods this fast is a good indicator.
It seems the only things that have changed is features lost, owners that rarely interact, loss of staff, and worse of all, loss of members.

Thus far, I have been most displeased with the new owners. I have not noticed anything positive from the new owners initial upgrade. Features were lost, and despite an upgrade, the site was still hacked into.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
From what I have heard, it is VERY bad behind the scenes. There has always been some rather bad stuff behind the scenes here, but it seems to have gotten worse. Loosing several mods this fast is a good indicator.
It seems the only things that have changed is features lost, owners that rarely interact, loss of staff, and worse of all, loss of members.

Thus far, I have been most displeased with the new owners. I have not noticed anything positive from the new owners initial upgrade. Features were lost, and despite an upgrade, the site was still hacked into.

I'm not saying there aren't problems Luke, it's just that most of what I'm hearing from people is, "I'm upset over people leaving...so I'm leaving".
that doesn't make any sense to me.

Hope

Princesinha
I personally feel that it's the members that make this forum great. If enough members wish to stay on and preserve the greatness of this forum by being powerful voices against what they perceive as a threat, it will remain what it is. :)

A resounding amen to that! :bow:

Let's not let this wonderful forum go down in flames without at least putting up a good fight. Knockout Remember, a "house divided against itself cannot stand." We, the great people of RF, are what truly make this forum special. Let's stick together and make this thing work.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm not saying there aren't problems Luke, it's just that most of what I'm hearing from people is, "I'm upset over people leaving...so I'm leaving".
that doesn't make any sense to me.
It doesn't make any since to me either. If people complain and desire change, leaving will never bring it about.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
There's a real naughty joke somewhere in there I just know it. :p

Oh I know what it was....something about Napoleon and well, the size of.......hehe.

It's not the size that counts. It's how many you can stuff in a can. :eek:

(Perhaps this is a post that should be removed? If so, I will gladly do so. :))