• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

COL 2:16 And The Sabbath - Are You Being Told The Truth?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I heard you the first time and told you I believe your claim a load of untrue babble (nothing personal to you; just being honest). It was the reason I posted # 996 to you to show you that your claims are the same claims that those who killed the prophets and JESUS made as well as those who killed the Apostles and disciples all through time. The scriptures teach all who live Godly in Christ JESUS will suffer persecution. I believe the scriptures teach it is the heretics that call heretic just the same as it is those of the devil that call of the devil according to the scriptures. This is shown in the linked post above from the scriptures that you simply ignored because you do not believe them. Does this not worry you? It should as this very Word you deny will be our judge come judgement day according to the scriptures *JOHN 12:47-48. The Church does not set the parameters for faith, the scriptures do. :)
That’s real funny, since the church set the parameters for the scriptures.

rstrats

3rdAngel,
re: "For a Christian it is the sacred writings of Christianity contained in the Bible (Old and New Testament)."

But how do you know which of the writings in the "Bible" are sacred writings, and which are not?

3rdAngel

3rdAngel,
re: "For a Christian it is the sacred writings of Christianity contained in the Bible (Old and New Testament)."
But how do you know which of the writings in the "Bible" are sacred writings, and which are not?

Faith *ROMANS 14:23; ROMANS 10:17 which is believing God's Word when it says that ALL SCRIPTURE is given by inspiration of God *2 TIMOTHY 3:16 and we should believe and follow it *JOHN 10:26-28. This same word that those who do not believe will be their judge come judgment day *JOHN 12:47-48; JOHN 3:15-21.

sooda

Veteran Member
3rdAngel,

Yep.. Catholicism was the church for over 1500 years.

3rdAngel

Yep.. Catholicism was the church for over 1500 years.
Untill it departed the faith (God's Word) at which time it was no longer God's church. Although God still has many of his people in it living up to all the knowledge that God has revealed to them. According to the scriptures, God is calling his people out of false teachings wheather Catholicism, and much of Protestantism or elsewhere to worship him in Spirit and in truth according to the pure Word of God. Many will be called but few will be chosen :)

sooda

Veteran Member
Untill it departed the faith (God's Word) at which time it was no longer God's church. Although God still has many of his people in it living up to all the knowledge that God has revealed to them. According to the scriptures, God is calling his people out or false teachings wheather Catholicism, Protestantism or elsewhere to worship him in Spirit and in truth according to the pure Word of God. :)

Are you saying Catholics don't worship in spirit and truth or are you saying the Bible changed after 1500?

3rdAngel

Are you saying Catholics don't worship in spirit and truth

This part here (emphasis in red is mine). Many though do not know and do so out of ignirance and in times of ignorance God winks at until he gives us a knowledge of the truth *ACTS 17:30-31; HEBREWS 10:26-27. To worship God in Spirit and in truth means to worship him according to what the scriptures teach and not according to the traditions and teachings of men that seek to break the commandments of God *MATTHEW 15:2-9 :)

sooda

Veteran Member
This part here (emphasis mine). Many though do not know and do so out of ignirance. To worship God in Spirit and in truth means to worship him according to what the scriptures teach and not according to the traditions and teachings of men that seek to break the commandments of God *MATTHEW 15:2-9 :)

LOLOL.. The vast majority of Protestants couldn't read nor did they have Bibles. You just like trashing other Christians.

3rdAngel

LOLOL.. The vast majority of Protestants couldn't read nor did they have Bibles. You just like trashing other Christians.
Sure they did after the reformation and if they read or heard the spoken Word (scriptures) it did not matter as they believed and followed God's Word. I have trashed no one and have only posted the scriptures that we must believe and follow. God's Word is not my words but God's and it is God's Word that teaches he is calling us out to follow man made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God not me *MATTHEW 15:2-9; JOHN 10:16; JOHN 4:23; REVELATION 17:3-6; REVELATION 18:1-5. Seems you do not believe them.

God's Sheep hear his Voice (the Word) and follow him. Those who are not his sheep do not hear and do not follow :)

Last edited:

sooda

Veteran Member
Sure they did after the reformation and if they read or heard the spoken Word (scriptures) it did not matter as they believed and followed God's Word. I have trashed no one and have only posted the scriptures that we must believe and follow. God's Word is not my words but God's and it is God's Word that teaches he is calling us out to follow man made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God not me. Seems you do not believe them :)

Most people were still illiterate after the Reformation and couldn't afford books. What sort of Christian are you? What church or denomination?

3rdAngel

Most people were still illiterate after the Reformation and couldn't afford books. What sort of Christian are you? What church or denomination?

In 1522, Luther's translation of the New Testament goes into print. ... By Luther's death, 100,000 copies of the complete edition of the Bible alone have been sold. But book printing in general has a unifying effect. Throughout Germany, the same texts are read and discussed. (History and education). As posted earlier wheather through the written word of God (scriptures) or the spoken Word of God (scriptures) people were being called back to follow and worship God in Spirit and in truth (scriptures). I am a Christian that believes and follows the scriptures and a voice crying in the wilderness make straight the paths of the Lord. Judgment is coming and who will be able to stand?

sojourner

Faith *ROMANS 14:23; ROMANS 10:17 which is believing God's Word when it says that ALL SCRIPTURE is given by inspiration of God *2 TIMOTHY 3:16 and we should believe and follow it *JOHN 10:26-28. This same word that those who do not believe will be their judge come judgment day *JOHN 12:47-48; JOHN 3:15-21.
Wait... I thought we’d established that “all scripture,” according to Timothy, included none of the NT. So you’re saying that the NT is unnecessary for Christians? Or are you arbitrarily adding to the word of God as Timothy understands it? If so, you’re following teachings of men, yes? Either way, your argument is screwed if you’re using this particular passage to prove your claim, because this passage doesn’t do that.

sojourner

Untill it departed the faith (God's Word) at which time it was no longer God's church. Although God still has many of his people in it living up to all the knowledge that God has revealed to them. According to the scriptures, God is calling his people out of false teachings wheather Catholicism, and much of Protestantism or elsewhere to worship him in Spirit and in truth according to the pure Word of God. Many will be called but few will be chosen :)
According to the scriptures, the Church (read: catholic Church) is the Body of Christ. Who are you to call it into question? In fact, nowhere in the Bible does it explicitly say that the Catholic Church has departed the faith. In fact, it does say that the powers of hell will not prevail against it. I’m afraid you’re straying further and further from what the Bible actually says.

sojourner

To worship God in Spirit and in truth means to worship him according to what the scriptures teach and not according to the traditions and teachings of men that seek to break the commandments of God
Except that Matthew doesn’t say anything about worshiping in spirit and truth. That’s John. Now you’re putting words into Gods mouth.

sojourner

I have trashed no one and have only posted the scriptures that we must believe and follow
Yes you did. You said that the RCC has departed the faith. AND you claim to only speak the scriptures. But the scriptures never explicitly make the claim you say they make regarding the RCC. Your post is a falsehood and a breach of the commandment not to bear false witness.

sojourner

I am a Christian that believes and follows the scriptures and a voice crying in the wilderness make straight the paths of the Lord
That was Isaiah. You’re not Isaiah. And Isaiah wasn’t a Christian. No one has appointed you to be a prophet. Your posts are a reed shaking in the wind.

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: Faith *ROMANS 14:23; ROMANS 10:17 which is believing God's Word when it says that ALL SCRIPTURE is given by inspiration of God *2 TIMOTHY 3:16 and we should believe and follow it *JOHN 10:26-28. This same word that those who do not believe will be their judge come judgment day *JOHN 12:47-48; JOHN 3:15-21.
Your response....
Wait... I thought we’d established that “all scripture,” according to Timothy, included none of the NT. So you’re saying that the NT is unnecessary for Christians? Or are you arbitrarily adding to the word of God as Timothy understands it? If so, you’re following teachings of men, yes? Either way, your argument is screwed if you’re using this particular passage to prove your claim, because this passage doesn’t do that.
Hmm NO! You tried to claim that the NT scriptures which are the teachings of JESUS and the APSOTLES were not inspired by God not me by trying to argue that 2 TIMOTHY 3:16 is in reference only to the Old testament scriptures. This is not biblical. The rest of your post does not make any sense as I have never said anything you claim I have said or does it respond to the post you are quoting from. When God's Word says ALL SCRIPTURE it is including the teachings of JESUS and the Apostles :)

3rdAngel

According to the scriptures, the Church (read: catholic Church) is the Body of Christ. Who are you to call it into question? In fact, nowhere in the Bible does it explicitly say that the Catholic Church has departed the faith. In fact, it does say that the powers of hell will not prevail against it. I’m afraid you’re straying further and further from what the Bible actually says.

Wrong! According to the scriptures the Church are all those who believe and follow God's Word (the scriptures). If you are no longer believing and following God's Word but following man-made teachings and traditions that break the commandments of God you are no longer a part of God's Church.

God's sheep (the church) hear His Voice (the Word) and follow him *JOHN 10:26-27 :)

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: This part here (emphasis in red is mine). Many though do not know and do so out of ignirance and in times of ignorance God winks at until he gives us a knowledge of the truth *ACTS 17:30-31; HEBREWS 10:26-27. To worship God in Spirit and in truth means to worship him according to what the scriptures teach and not according to the traditions and teachings of men that seek to break the commandments of God *MATTHEW 15:2-9
Your response...
Except that Matthew doesn’t say anything about worshiping in spirit and truth. That’s John. Now you’re putting words into Gods mouth.

What?? o_O

3rdAngel

Yes you did. You said that the RCC has departed the faith. AND you claim to only speak the scriptures. But the scriptures never explicitly make the claim you say they make regarding the RCC. Your post is a falsehood and a breach of the commandment not to bear false witness.

Nonsense. I have only provided scripture. If anyone claims to follow God's Word but does not believe and follow it they have departed the faith. *ACTS 17:30-31; HEBREWS 10:26-39. The only false witness are those teaching against the scriptures. God's Word is not mine but God's so I guess your argument is with God not me. :)