• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Climate Change

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We have had a few through the years, when the reservoirs get low and water use is restricted.
The southwest differs in having a long history of
severe drought. I avoid that place...except for
brief trips to recreate.

KW

"....manage the intense heat wave, which touched highs of 47 degrees Celsius (116.6 Fahrenheit) in parts of the country."

-

"More than a billion people are at risk of heat-related impacts in the region, scientists have warned, linking the early onset of an intense summer to climate change."

- Pakistan, India reel under intense heat wave

The latest example of the coming world...

And yet no headlines for the fact that the winter of 2021 was the coldest ever recorded
in the antarctic.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
And yet no headlines for the fact that the winter of 2021 was the coldest ever recorded
in the antarctic.
You tried this in an earlier thread and you were refuted (by me). Remember? Reposting it here after 4 weeks does not make your argument more sound.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
in the antarctic.
Antarctica is not the world.

BTW, I have a friend who works there 6-9 months of the year, and he has seen changes there that clearly give evidence of global warming, especially the massive "calving" that's happening there. Greenland's glaciers are diminishing at a rapid rate. Etc.

The overwhelming scientific evidence is being very consistent on this, and I've mentioned some of them before.

KW

But climate change does not refer to heat only, we had both last year, more than two heat waves and also one of the coldest winters we've ever had.

The climate change alarmists claim that the planet is warming dramatically due to human actions.

Coldest winters ever fits into that paranoia in what way?

KW

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yes, there is a reason that it is called "climate change" or Global Warming. Please note it is not called "London warming". There are areas that could cool down, though on average, over the whole globe, things will get warmer. Right now they are worried about the Gulf Stream being interrupted. The Gulf Stream brings warm air from the Caribbean up to Europe. It is not nearly so warm once it gets there, but it still makes winters in Britain a lot more like those of western Washington state than those of Moscow. Moscow is only four degrees of latitude north of London and yet there is a world of difference in their winters.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That's not about the entire continent of Antarctica.

We know that warm air and cold air circulate. However, if the earth is warming at an alarming rate then we should not be seeing record cold temperatures anywhere.

Umm, no. Once again, climate is complex. Shut down the Gulf Stream and we will see record cold winters in London. The globe is warming rapidly, but due to various local complexities we could have areas of cooling. One has to look a bit deeper than skin deep. You are only taking a very simplistic look at this and are terribly wrong as a result.

KW

Yes, there is a reason that it is called "climate change" or Global Warming. Please note it is not called "London warming". There are areas that could cool down, though on average, over the whole globe, things will get warmer. Right now they are worried about the Gulf Stream being interrupted. The Gulf Stream brings warm air from the Caribbean up to Europe. It is not nearly so warm once it gets there, but it still makes winters in Britain a lot more like those of western Washington state than those of Moscow. Moscow is only four degrees of latitude north of London and yet there is a world of difference in their winters.

I understand weather patterns.

Please explain how the coldest place on earth reaches record cold temperatures as a result of dramatic warming.

This is not arctic air cooling the UK. This is recored cold in the antarctic.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
But India and Pakistan are?

I was simply pointing out the absurdity of the premise the OP presented.
And I've posted many times scientific sources that clearly show that we're in a period of global warming that has dire consequences if we can't bring it under control. Even our own DoD here in the States has issued warnings as such and how it can further lead to substantial suffering and conflict.

And the Church through PF's encyclical based on established science also says as such.

KW

Umm, no. Once again, climate is complex. Shut down the Gulf Stream and we will see record cold winters in London. The globe is warming rapidly, but due to various local complexities we could have areas of cooling. One has to look a bit deeper than skin deep. You are only taking a very simplistic look at this and are terribly wrong as a result.

Coldest place on earth reaches record cold winter temperatures?

How did that happen? Cold air from the tropics?

Don't be so gullible.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I understand weather patterns.

Please explain how the coldest place on earth reaches record cold temperatures as a result of dramatic warming.

This is not arctic air cooling the UK. This is recored cold in the antarctic.
No. You do not.

Ask again without a false claim at the start of your post.