• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Climate Change

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
"....manage the intense heat wave, which touched highs of 47 degrees Celsius (116.6 Fahrenheit) in parts of the country."

-

"More than a billion people are at risk of heat-related impacts in the region, scientists have warned, linking the early onset of an intense summer to climate change."

- Pakistan, India reel under intense heat wave

The latest example of the coming world...

Altfish

Veteran Member
"....manage the intense heat wave, which touched highs of 47 degrees Celsius (116.6 Fahrenheit) in parts of the country."

-

"More than a billion people are at risk of heat-related impacts in the region, scientists have warned, linking the early onset of an intense summer to climate change."

But we have to keep the Oil companies happy, they fund our party

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
"....manage the intense heat wave, which touched highs of 47 degrees Celsius (116.6 Fahrenheit) in parts of the country
Horrible such heat, a real killer
41°C (105,8 °F) is max. fever
I would die in that heat
Till 35°C I'm okay

IF Scientists found a way to export excessive heat to the Netherlands, that would be most welcome to me

pearl

The lack of rain in so many parts of the country. Maybe we'll wake up when we face a real scarcity of water, as some of the 3rd world countries.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The lack of rain in so many parts of the country. Maybe we'll wake up when we face a real scarcity of water, as some of the 3rd world countries.
I'm seeing more frequent heavy rainstorms in Revoltistan.
I have drainage systems that didn't often see usage.
Now it's many times a year.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

-

It reached 49.2 C (120.6 Fahrenheit) in Delhi (capital of India) today.
Delhi Heatwave: A half-century Delhi wants to avoid | Delhi News - Times of India
It is 9 degree C above normal.
Its the highest temperature ever recorded since recording began in the 19th century.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
How are people (and the government) coping?
In these peak conditions, schools and many offices get closed. But people will die due to heat exhaustion, particularly the poor people who cannot afford to take leave from work.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Last year we had record heat. This year we have not. And no drought for us this year. We get our water from the mountains and we are at 128% of average snowpack density. Of course I do not know if a rapid melting could affect us. The water goes into a man made lake and flows from that to the city.

We Never Know

No Slack

-

Climate has always changed through earths history. So has CO2 levels.
Do we add to it, more than likely.
Would it happen without us? It already has several times.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Climate has always changed through earths history. So has CO2 levels.
Do we add to it, more than likely.
Would it happen without us? It already has several times.
We can tell that man added CO2 to the atmosphere by the change in percentages of the C13/C12 ratios.

How do we know the build-up of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is caused by humans? | NOAA Climate.gov

In addition, fossil fuels are the only source of carbon consistent with the isotopic fingerprint of the carbon present in today’s atmosphere. That analysis indicates it must be coming from terrestrial plant matter, and it must be very, very old. These and other lines of evidence leave no doubt that fossil fuels are the primary source of the carbon dioxide building up in Earth’s atmosphere.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
We cam tell that man added CO2 to the atmosphere by the change in percentages of the C13/C12 ratios.

How do we know the build-up of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is caused by humans? | NOAA Climate.gov

In addition, fossil fuels are the only source of carbon consistent with the isotopic fingerprint of the carbon present in today’s atmosphere. That analysis indicates it must be coming from terrestrial plant matter, and it must be very, very old. These and other lines of evidence leave no doubt that fossil fuels are the primary source of the carbon dioxide building up in Earth’s atmosphere.
Yes but yes but yes but yes.....oh ok then.