• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christmas No Longer Recognized As The Birth Of Christ

SDavis

Merry Christmas!
81245_Isaiah9_6_cropped.jpeg

SDavis

I'm reminded years ago when an unpleasant MAGA lady I used to work with would say "Thanks to Trump, we can finally say Merry Christmas again!"
Something I didn't know Trump was responsible for being able to say Merry Christmas again.
I know he said he would but I've never heard of him doing a thing.

Besides not all stores allow it or businesses

SDavis

Could this be because people don't wear badges expressing what religion the belong to or if they belong to a religion at all?

Could it be that people do not want to offend others who walk a different path than Christianity?
It was mandated by companies in businesses not to say Merry Christmas because people of different religions are non-believers were offended by others saying Merry Christmas to them and displaying Nativity decorations.

Which I'll never understand because they should have changed the name Christ is still in "Christ"mas.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
Something I didn't know Trump was responsible for being able to say Merry Christmas again.
I know he said he would but I've never heard of him doing a thing.

He didn't. He said he did, though. Another lie that his followers ate up and parroted

No one is trying to stop anyone from saying or enjoying Christmas. I'll be enjoying Christmas with my family the traditional Christian way because my family are Christians. This doesn't bother me any. I love my family and I want them to enjoy their favorite holiday and have a good time

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
According to God's plan? God didn't plan it - it's according to the actions of man? Because God already knows the events -he gave certain men the prophecies to write, warning of when time was close to being no more and all will face judgment.

God's plan is that all be saved and believe in him.

But I'm quite sure that doesn't mean anything to you, just a bunch of hogwash.
So then your actual answer to the question would be that you do not believe that everything happens according to gods plan?

You should probably stop dictating to me what I think and believe.
It will only make you look foolish.

SDavis

Oh geez S, you're still letting Bill O'Reilly guide your understanding of the world? You're citing a news story from 2005. It's almost 2024. Step outside and get some fresh air.

Meanwhile, Christmas is not in danger. Some people celebrate Christmas as a religious holiday, some don't. It'll be okay.

Worry more about the stress retail workers making minimum wage are under than what greeting they offer you. That's the true Christmas spirit, in my view.
I'm not letting Bill Riley influence me in any shape form or fashion. It was the first thing I ran across to post that saying Merry Christmas was taken out of the stores and business and I used it.

I remember from my memory when it started but being in a world that requires evidence I gave it some.

Christmas I never said it was in danger as you indicate. Christ is taken out of Christmas is what I am referring to. It's hard to find anything related to the birth of Christ.

And I'm not worried, my reasons for posting the post has nothing to do with unbelievers.

F1fan

Veteran Member
According to God's plan? God didn't plan it - it's according to the actions of man? Because God already knows the events -he gave certain men the prophecies to write, warning of when time was close to being no more and all will face judgment.

God's plan is that all be saved and believe in him.
But quite a messy and immoral way to make his plan happen. Frankly it’s not believable.
But I'm quite sure that doesn't mean anything to you, just a bunch of hogwash.
Hogwash is a good description for the 21st century.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not letting Bill Riley influence me in any shape form or fashion. It was the first thing I ran across to post that saying Merry Christmas was taken out of the stores and business and I used it.

I remember from my memory when it started but being in a world that requires evidence I gave it some.

Christmas I never said it was in danger as you indicate. Christ is taken out of Christmas is what I am referring to. It's hard to find anything related to the birth of Christ.

And I'm not worried, my reasons for posting the post has nothing to do with unbelievers.

We live on different planets, I guess. :shrug:

SDavis

He didn't. He said he did, though. Another lie that his followers ate up and parroted

No one is trying to stop anyone from saying or enjoying Christmas. I'll be enjoying Christmas with my family the traditional Christian way because my family are Christians. This doesn't bother me any. I love my family and I want them to enjoy their favorite holiday and have a good time
It's about the falling away from Christ and the acceptance of the as they say worldly values and for Christians too be aware. The Bible speaks of a falling away then this was just a form of the beginning.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
There are many businesses that want their employees to say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas."

Ok. Are they going to fire them if they decline and say Merry Christmas anyways, though? Not if they don't want to face a lawsuit. Corporations can ask their employees to do lots of things, but people don't always have to mindlessly obey everything they are asked to do

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Let me get this straight. I wish you a Merry Christmas, and though it's clear I'm not Christian, you choose to shove your religion in my face.

And then you wonder why people don't say Merry Christmas as often as you'd like.

It's behavior like yours above that lead to people's desire to take Christ out of Christmas.

SDavis

Ok. Are they going to fire them if they decline and say Merry Christmas anyways, though? Not if they don't want to face a lawsuit. Corporations can ask their employees to do lots of things, but people don't always have to mindlessly obey everything they are asked to do
The majority of the people that I am around and have been around do what their employees ask when it comes to the businesses of the employers. Generally how it works is they give you a reprimand, they give you a written warning, they give you days off, then they give you termination when you disobey the guidelines or rules. You calling blindly following. Well company could be sued because one refused to abide by their rules.