• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christmas No Longer Recognized As The Birth Of Christ

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Ok. Are they going to fire them if they decline and say Merry Christmas anyways, though? Not if they don't want to face a lawsuit. Corporations can ask their employees to do lots of things, but people don't always have to mindlessly obey everything they are asked to do
I would hazard a guess that each company handles it differently.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
The majority of the people that I am around and have been around do what their employees ask when it comes to the businesses of the employers. Generally how it works is they give you a reprimand, they give you a written warning, they give you days off, then they give you termination when you disobey the guidelines or rules. You calling blindly following. Well company could be sued because one refused to abide by their rules.

When it comes to some things, sure, but not when it comes to wishing someone a "Merry Christmas." Anyone can say "Merry Christmas" and no company can stop them lest they face legal action

SDavis

Read your history.

Initially yes, such as Yule, the winter solstice of the Germanic peoples.
It's not MY history -

And even though it was the government / Parliament that banned Christmas celebrations. They still identified under Christians.

SDavis

Let me get this straight. I wish you a Merry Christmas, and though it's clear I'm not Christian, you choose to shove your religion in my face.

And then you wonder why people don't say Merry Christmas as often as you'd like.

It's behavior like yours above that lead to people's desire to take Christ out of Christmas.
It makes me no difference if you say Merry Christmas happy holidays or whatever.

Your assumptions are way off concerning me. Behavior like mine poof

SDavis

When it comes to some things, sure, but not when it comes to wishing someone a "Merry Christmas." Anyone can say "Merry Christmas" and no company can stop them lest they face legal action

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ

Yes, you posted this already. Where in the article does it say that corporations can force you not to wish people a Merry Christmas? Maybe I missed it and you can highlight that part for me

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
It makes me no difference if you say Merry Christmas happy holidays or whatever.

Your assumptions are way off concerning me. Behavior like mine poof
*smiles*

No assumptions at all. Your behavior is evidenced one page back.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

Christmas a holiday for centuries celebrated as the birth of Christ - now the celebration is only about gifts, food, Santa, reindeer, snowman, elves and such. Much of society has forgotten, some of society probably don't know why Christmas was initially celebrated. A few decades ago the unbelievers and those that believed in other deities fought against the recognition of Christ and won. The words now are Happy Holidays. Very few say Merry Christmas in public places. The first five letters of the word Christmas tells us it is about Christ. Scripture tells us there will come a falling away we are witnessing the beginning.

Why does it matter to you if people who aren't Abrahamic theists don't recognize Christmas as the birth of Christ? Biblically speaking, you shouldn't judge others for it (Colossians 2:16), and people can decide for themselves about how they celebrate a holiday (Romans 14:5–6). Furthermore, there is religious freedom in the United States, and people can decide for themselves how they will celebrate Christmas or any other holiday. If you wish to include Christ in your Christmas celebration, by all means do so; however, others have a right not to include Christ in their Christmas celebration. This is religious freedom.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Let me get this straight. I wish you a Merry Christmas, and though it's clear I'm not Christian, you choose to shove your religion in my face.

And then you wonder why people don't say Merry Christmas as often as you'd like.

It's behavior like yours above that lead to people's desire to take Christ out of Christmas.

Well said, in my opinion.

SDavis

Read your history.

Initially yes, such as Yule, the winter solstice of the Germanic peoples.
Hopefully I'm not writing this a second time

It's not MY history

Parliament /government / Puritans banded Christmas.

Not even for sure if Puritans considered themselves Christians in those days, since they were against the "Church" of England. Puritanism | Definition, History, Beliefs, & Facts

But I didn't know that they had banned Christmas and those countries.
And I learned that during that same time in 1659 Massachusetts which was also Puritan banned the celebration of Christmas.

And from what I've read they didn't consider themselves Christians.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Well because you suggested it. I assumed you had examples to draw from
I do not know of a company that does not enforce their policies.
Perhaps you do?

I do not know, but am fairly confident that different companies have different policies on how they enforce their policies.
This is based upon my working for different companies that enforced their policies differently.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
I do not know of a company that does not enforce their policies.
Perhaps you do?

I do not know, but am fairly confident that different companies have different policies on how they enforce their policies.
This is based upon my working for different companies that enforced their policies differently.

Name me one company that has specifically dealt with someone who wished someone a Merry Christmas. This is the policy we are talking about. Companies can ask their employees not to say Merry Christmas and say happy holidays instead, but they cannot do anything to actually enforce it

Last edited:

SDavis

Why does it matter to you if people who aren't Abrahamic theists don't recognize Christmas as the birth of Christ? Biblically speaking, you shouldn't judge others for it (Colossians 2:16), and people can decide for themselves about how they celebrate a holiday (Romans 14:5–6). Furthermore, there is religious freedom in the United States, and people can decide for themselves how they will celebrate Christmas or any other holiday. If you wish to include Christ in your Christmas celebration, by all means do so; however, others have a right not to include Christ in their Christmas celebration. This is religious freedom.

This post was for Christians bringing awareness to those who may not know.

I have atheist choose to respond in an ANTIPOST fashion - nothing I can do to stop them and it is their right.

Just like you in this Country I have freedom of religion or non religion and of speech. You don't agree with what I said what I posted that's your business it neither takes from or give to me. Your choice is made as is mine.

SDavis

*smiles*

No assumptions at all. Your behavior is evidenced one page back.
Indeed you are assuming I have said nothing for you to assume as you have. This post was strictly for the awareness of Christians as well as any comment I've made now you take it as you please. That's your business. goodby

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Indeed you are assuming I have said nothing for you to assume as you have. This post was strictly for the awareness of Christians as well as any comment I've made now you take it as you please. That's your business. goodby
Merry Christmas!