• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians who deny Christ's divinity/Trinity

Blackheart

Anyone who doesn't believe in the trinity cannot claim to be a Christian.

What makes you say this? Did Jesus believe in the trinity? Have you ever read it in the bible? My bible says that Jesus reminded his followers that his deeds were not of him but the father. I dont get how you can be a Christian and yet claim that God has an equal. In my bible God makes alot of fuss about his identity as the one and only God that we should serve.

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
Simple... For some Christianity is the religion ABOUT Jesus and NOT the religion OF Jesus.

:(

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
Simple... For some Christianity is the religion ABOUT Jesus and NOT the religion OF Jesus.

:(

Nailed it. My response would be that Christianity has no definition, I am aware of, that all Christians subscribe to. I guess the closest would be 'people who subscribe to some sort of following of Jesus'

Bob Dixon

>implying
Nailed it. My response would be that Christianity has no definition, I am aware of, that all Christians subscribe to. I guess the closest would be 'people who subscribe to some sort of following of Jesus'

And all people have a different degree of liberality to their definition. For example, I think that a Christian is anyone who believes that Jesus of Nazareth is the Messiah, holds to his teachings, and is a monotheist who sees God as "Father", just like Jesus did.
But that's it. And that's really, really broad.

Others believe that they are the only people who hold "real Christian" beliefs and that anyone else is a heretic, but... I guess "real Christian" is so up for debate that even they have a bit of ground to stand on.

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
"Christ" as in Christianity certainly has some inferences to the theology for sure....

So to be a "Christian", to me, it would seem indicative to see Jesus' Life and Teachings or his Birth, Death and Resurrection as a 'Saving Way'.

What I don't feel is indicative or implied is the Christlogy.

9Westy9

Premium Member
And all people have a different degree of liberality to their definition. For example, I think that a Christian is anyone who believes that Jesus of Nazareth is the Messiah, holds to his teachings, and is a monotheist who sees God as "Father", just like Jesus did.
But that's it. And that's really, really broad.

Others believe that they are the only people who hold "real Christian" beliefs and that anyone else is a heretic, but... I guess "real Christian" is so up for debate that even they have a bit of ground to stand on.

The only definition of true Christian I hold to is 'chosen by god'. Any other definition is insulting to apostates like myself.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Anyone who doesn't believe in the trinity cannot claim to be a Christian.

a christian is one who follows Christ... did Christ believe in the trinity? Did Christ believe or teach that he himself was God?

the answer is no.

So those who follow Christ also follow his teachings. the trinity was not one of his teachings... no christian had heard of the trinity until the 3rd/4th century.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
:yes: or at least it's possible
I have three questions for you, then...

1. Why would a loving God do that? What possible reason would He have for condemning someone who loves Him to eternal torment?
2. Does this doctrine bother you in the slightest? Why or why not?
3. How do you know that you personally are saved and not damned (or do you know)?

Me Myself

Back to my username
I believe in the trinity.

Christ made it very clear I would enter in the "Son" part of it's divinity :)

We are all God the Son, comunicating with God through our Holy Spirit.

That's why that is the gravest of all sins, to deny the Holy Spirit. Because the holy spirit means our ability to conect with all that is sacred, which includes love, compassion, peace, faith in human virte, etc.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon

How can it be a "Trinity," if you are going to be part of it? And does that imply that you will lose your individuality?

But we all didn't have to suffer for the sins of the world, did we? We got off pretty easy for being God the Son.

Blackheart

That's why that is the gravest of all sins, to deny the Holy Spirit. Because the holy spirit means our ability to conect with all that is sacred, which includes love, compassion, peace, faith in human virte, etc.

But Jesus had never heard of the trinity. Dont you get it??? Its a man made concept. If God said worship me and me only I think you need to find some solid evidence of him saying that Jesus is equal to him before you go treating him as an equal to God. If were all God the Son then are we all part of the trinity? So when you prey are you preying to me? I think its a big mistake to make.

9Westy9

Premium Member
I have three questions for you, then...

1. Why would a loving God do that? What possible reason would He have for condemning someone who loves Him to eternal torment?
2. Does this doctrine bother you in the slightest? Why or why not?
3. How do you know that you personally are saved and not damned (or do you know)?

1) Why would a loving God condemn fullstop.
2) Yes it does. It's what I assume some Christians to believe however
3) I don't even know if a god exists, let alone whether or not he'd save me. The answer would be a resounding no though. Unless God was to personally reveal to me, or anyone else, that they're saved.

a christian is one who follows Christ... did Christ believe in the trinity? Did Christ believe or teach that he himself was God?

the answer is no.

So those who follow Christ also follow his teachings. the trinity was not one of his teachings... no christian had heard of the trinity until the 3rd/4th century.

Lol.:frog: