• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians what makes you not accept Islam?

Thanda

I'm sorry, but no one knows what Jesus actually said. This is obvious fact, as Jesus never wrote anything down himself. So, when you say "because the Gospels are reliable to what Jesus actually said", that is merely expressing your subjective belief. There is no evidence to support this claim. We are forced to go on the word of the authors.

Even if Jesus wrote down what he said we still wouldn't know what he said. If you set the standard high enough then we don't know what anyone has ever said who we didn't hear with our own ears.

Thanda

No, I don't think God only speaks to Jews.

But if there were another Prophet, They would be Jewish. No if's ands or buts.
And if you think God loves and cherishes them any less than He did thousands of years ago, Then you're sorely mistaken. They are and always will be His people.

I know he loves Jews. I know he loves Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims and all of his children. God is love. Therefore this point is irrelevant.

What is relevant is that the Jews have rejected their God by killing the son he sent to save them and all of us. So it is clear that whatever prophet God is speaking to now he is not a Jew.

Secondly you have stated that all prophets were Jews. From the bible this is clearly false. Melchezedek was not a Jew. And the most accurate thing you could say is that most prophets in the bible were Jews. This would be no surprise since the bible was written by Jews.

Thana

Lady
I know he loves Jews. I know he loves Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims and all of his children. God is love. Therefore this point is irrelevant.

What is relevant is that the Jews have rejected their God by killing the son he sent to save them and all of us. So it is clear that whatever prophet God is speaking to now he is not a Jew.

Secondly you have stated that all prophets were Jews. From the bible this is clearly false. Melchezedek was not a Jew. And the most accurate thing you could say is that most prophets in the bible were Jews. This would be no surprise since the bible was written by Jews.

I don't think you know what you're talking about....
He was the King of Salem, not a Prophet.

I don't know what to say... If you can't see it then my words won't help.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Even if Jesus wrote down what he said we still wouldn't know what he said. If you set the standard high enough then we don't know what anyone has ever said who we didn't hear with our own ears.
Sure, but there are obvious levels of reliability. It is true that with historical figures we can never be sure of their exact word. But it is certainly easier and more reliable when we have writings authored by them. With Jesus, we barely have enough evidence to reasonably assume he was a real person, much less which of the 29 gospels actually got his words right, if any. They chose 4. It is perfectly reasonable to take these writings with a grain of salt for this reason.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I don't actually even know what a "supremacist replacement theology is." Maybe you could tell me so that I won't inadvertently wander into it.
Islam is supremacist in that it sees itself as THE religion of god, verified in the Qur'an. It sees itself as the only true religion and because god is on their side, it will eventually replace all other religions. One cannot, for example, believe in both the Christian narrative about Jesus AND the Islamic narrative about Jesus. The two views do not sync. Islam seeks to correct the mistaken notions in Christianity about Jesus thereby replacing a significant chunk of Christian theology.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Because the idea that another prophet was needed after the Messiah came makes absolutely no sense.

I mean, Mohammad wasn't even Jewish for goodness sake....
Adam,Noah,Ibrahim (pbut) were not Jews .

that's mean God sent messangers to whole humanity NOT only to Jews

also someone could said :
Jesus (pbuh) is Jewish , he rejected by Jews goodness sake ...

Thana

Lady
Adam,Noah,Ibrahim (pbut) were not Jews .

also someone could said :
Jesus (pbuh) is Jewish , he rejected by Jews goodness sake ...

Judaism didn't exist when they were born, So I'm not sure that really counts..

And Jesus was supposed to be rejected, and killed, and the Gentiles grafted in.. So I'm not sure about your point?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Judaism didn't exist when they were born, So I'm not sure that really counts..

And Jesus was supposed to be rejected, and killed, and the Gentiles grafted in.. So I'm not sure about your point?

what i understood from your that post :
because Muhammad (pbuh) is not Jewish, so he could not be prophet .

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Placing Jesus second to Muhammad? Muslims will rattle on and on at how much they respect Jesus, as a prophet of Islam, but that personality is very, very different from the Jesus that Christians know. I think the more valid question would be, "Why on Earth would Christians accept that Muhammad was even a prophet?"

Who place Jesus (pbuh) second to Muhammad(pbuh) ?
Yes we the Muslims respect Jesus (pbuh) is that hurt Christians feeling ?

We the Muslims believe that Jesus (phuh) is messenger and prophet and Jesus (pbuh) NEVER EVER identified him-self as God or savoir .

this one single verse made from Jesus (pbuh) a GOD !!!:
I and my Father are one

could had many interpretations God and Jesus had :same mission,same message,same reputation,same dignity ...et, it's does not forcely meant they share same divinity .because Jesus (pbuh) hims-self pray GOD .

so God never pray him self .

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Yep. And the Jews rejecting Jesus doesn't change who they are, God's chosen.
tha's right , in that time they were God 's chosen in that place of earth.

since they reject Jesus (pbuh) and Muhammad (bpuh) they don't became God's chosen any more .

from Torah :

Deuteronomy 32:21
So I will make them jealous with {those who} are not a people; I will provoke them
to anger with a foolish nation

the proof from Bible, Jesus (pbuh) vows the Jews :

Mt 21:43
Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

Thana

Lady
tha's right , in that time they were God 's chosen in that place of earth.

since they reject Jesus (pbuh) and Muhammad (bpuh) they don't became God's chosen any more .

from Torah :

Deuteronomy 32:21
So I will make them jealous with {those who} are not a people; I will provoke them
to anger with a foolish nation

the proof from Bible, Jesus (pbuh) vows the Jews :

Mt 21:43
Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

Well.. I suppose if you saw it differently you wouldn't have believed in Muhammad in the first place.

And by the by, those verses are taken out of context, For one thing, Jesus was directing those words towards the Pharisees.

Thanda

Sure, but there are obvious levels of reliability. It is true that with historical figures we can never be sure of their exact word. But it is certainly easier and more reliable when we have writings authored by them. With Jesus, we barely have enough evidence to reasonably assume he was a real person, much less which of the 29 gospels actually got his words right, if any. They chose 4. It is perfectly reasonable to take these writings with a grain of salt for this reason.

Very few serious and respected scholars doubt the historical reality of Jesus. Few also doubt his crucifixion. What is in doubt is all the other things Jesus is claimed to have said and done. And one of the main reasons for that is that we in the modern age are generally very sceptical of the supernatural.

Secondly, the abundance of literature about Jesus, even if contradictory, serves to prove the historical fact of Jesus rather than disprove it. 1000 years from now people will read a lot of contradictory information about the 9/11 attacks (in even now that is the case). Will the contradictory stories make the fact that it happened less credible?

The fact that at least 29 people wrote their version of Jesus to me appears to prove beyond doubt that Jesus existed.

Secondly what does Jesus writing have to do with us knowing what he said and did? Even today most politicians don't write what they say. In fact, very few people in general write what they say. Most records of what people say are written by journalists after the event. So saying we can't know what Jesus said because he didn't write anything is using a standard so high we would not even be able to believe what people today are reported to have said.

Thanda

I don't think you know what you're talking about....
He was the King of Salem, not a Prophet.

I don't know what to say... If you can't see it then my words won't help.

Genesis 14:

18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.
19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:
20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

And again in Hebrews 7:

1 For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;
2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;
4 Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.
5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:
6 But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.
7 And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.

Clearly if you thought Melchisedec was just a king then you do not really know about him.

Servant_of_the_One1

Why would a Muslim not believe that Bahaullah was not the next prophet after Muhammed?

Bahaullah is not prophet.

We believe only prophet Muhammad pbuh is the last messenger and prophet.

Christians believes after Jesus pbuh there wont be new prophets.

Its up to christians and jews to believe or not.

Christians disbelieve in message of Muhammad pbuh(which means they also disbelieve Noah Abraham Moses And Jesus because their message was Oneness of God), and we disbelieve in the polytheistic message of Paul.

Last edited:

Servant_of_the_One1

David Koresh slept with other mans wives. Hardly a moral man of God. Jesus warned that false Christ's and false prophets will come after Him, even saying there Jesus but don't believe them. David Koresh claimed he was Jesus, and his tree bore bad fruit showing who he was following and it wasn't God. Anyone who proclaims a different gospel then that of Christ Jesus, is a false Gospel. Muhammad, Joseph Smith, Bualluah etc... All preached contradicting gospels and therefor are false, as God cannot contradict Himself, for He is Truth. And Jesus showed and demonstrated He was Truth and the one gospel by Raising himself from the dead.

Yet NT contradicts OT!! Lmao

How can NT and OT be from God when it contradicts each other :p

Thana

Lady
Genesis 14:

18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.
19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:
20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

And again in Hebrews 7:

1 For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;
2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;
4 Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.
5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:
6 But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.
7 And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.

Clearly if you thought Melchisedec was just a king then you do not really know about him.

A priest is still not a prophet....
And I didn't say that he was just a king, I said he was a king.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Well.. I suppose if you saw it differently you wouldn't have believed in Muhammad in the first place.

And by the by, those verses are taken out of context, For one thing, Jesus was directing those words towards the Pharisees.
ok
why Jesus (pbuh) was directing his vows Pharisees,"the leaders of Jews"

was the other Jewish sects OK with him ?

why was he vows them by saying "given to a nation" , he could said instead given to other leaders/sect for exemple ?

Thana

Lady
ok
why Jesus (pbuh) was directing his vows Pharisees,"the leaders of Jews"

was the other Jewish sects OK with him ?

why was he vows them by saying "given to a nation" , he could said instead given to other leaders/sect for exemple ?

That's why you need to read the whole thing instead of just a few passages that seem to agree with you out of context.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
That's why you need to read the whole thing instead of just a few passages that seem to agree with you out of context.
that's why i asked questions,to find answsers , instead of repeating "out of context"