• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians what makes you not accept Islam?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Why would a Christian not believe that Prophet Mohammed is not the last and final messenger?
Placing Jesus second to Muhammad? Muslims will rattle on and on at how much they respect Jesus, as a prophet of Islam, but that personality is very, very different from the Jesus that Christians know. I think the more valid question would be, "Why on Earth would Christians accept that Muhammad was even a prophet?"

InChrist

Free4ever
Why would a Christian not believe that Prophet Mohammed is not the last and final messenger?
Christians do not believe Mohammed was a prophet of the true God. Jesus Christ is known by Christians to be the final revelation of God coming to earth personally to save humanity, so there is no further need of any other.

InChrist

Free4ever
Christians do not believe Mohammed was a prophet at all of the true God and Creator. According to the biblical scriptures Jesus Christ was the final, ultimate revelation of God who personally came to the earth to save humanity, so there is no need of an other.

Thana

Lady
Because the idea that another prophet was needed after the Messiah came makes absolutely no sense.

I mean, Mohammad wasn't even Jewish for goodness sake....

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I couldn't believe this because I am extremely uncomfortable with the idea of a "last and final messenger." I don't believe that God would leave us with just a couple of instruction books and stop communicating with us directly. That probably explains, at least in part, why I'm a Mormon.

Forever_Catholic

I couldn't believe this because I am extremely uncomfortable with the idea of a "last and final messenger." I don't believe that God would leave us with just a couple of instruction books and stop communicating with us directly. That probably explains, at least in part, why I'm a Mormon.
Jesus said he would be with his Church always, and he has been. So he never stopped communicating with us, both directly and indirectly. Here’s just a little of it, if you’d like to take a look.

Mystics of the Church

Apparitions and pictures of Virgin Mary

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Jesus said he would be with his Church always, and he has been. So he never stopped communicating with us, both directly and indirectly. Here’s just a little of it, if you’d like to take a look.

Mystics of the Church

Apparitions and pictures of Virgin Mary
Well, I do believe that He communicates with each of us through the Holy Ghost. But to me, that's different than speaking to His Church through a living prophet. Of course, if I were a Catholic, I would quite possibly believe that He speaks through the Pope. It's the finality of "the last messenger" that puts me off. Other than that, I have quite a high regard for many of the teachings of Islam.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
According to the biblical scriptures Jesus Christ was the final, ultimate revelation of God who personally came to the earth to save humanity, so there is no need of an other.
There is a gargantuan difference between being the Savior of the world and being a prophet. There is absolutely nowhere in the Bible where we are told God would never send another prophet to the earth. And if the Apostles hadn't all been martyred, prophets might have continued to this day.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
You go from Jesus, a man who advocated peace and tolerance, and taught others to be pure in their hearts, words and actions, and to give away even our very lives for the sake of others, let alone wealth, a man who refused to be put in power over others. Jesus worked many miracles and healed many. You go from Jesus, to Muhammad, a warlord who killed and conquered, healed no one, worked no miracles. Why should I hold Muhammad in esteem next to a man so holy as Jesus?

JFish123

Remember that God speaks to us through His word and the Homy Spirit within us. And he warned us about false prophets and Christ's. Even Paul warned that if even an angel should preach another gospel then us, to jet them be accursed. We gave to be on guard for false teachers and prophets

Yoshua

Christians what makes you not accept Islam?

Islam is contrary to the teachings of Evangelical Christianity. Christianity is "Loving your enemies." Islam is not "Loving your enemies."

Jesus died and resurrected. He offered the sinners the gift of salvation--eternal life. Prophet Mohammed cannot save the sinners and offer the gift of salvation. He died and not resurrected.

Last edited:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Remember that God speaks to us through His word and the Homy Spirit within us. And he warned us about false prophets and Christ's. Even Paul warned that if even an angel should preach another gospel then us, to jet them be accursed. We gave to be on guard for false teachers and prophets
Of course we have to be on guard for false prophets. But if we are to automatically reject all prophets, why didn't Paul or any of the other Apostles just tell us to do so? Paul actually said that prophets and apostles were the foundation upon which Christ built His church and that they should remain in place until all Christians are unified in their faith in Christ. He said that without this organizational structure, people would be led astray by all sorts of false doctrines. They wouldn't know who to believe and who not to believe. Since there are now over 40,000 different Christian denominations in existence, he (Paul) obviously knew what he was talking about.

JFish123

Of course we have to be on guard for false prophets. But if we are to automatically reject all prophets, why didn't Paul or any of the other Apostles just tell us to do so? Paul actually said that prophets and apostles were the foundation upon which Christ built His church and that they should remain in place until all Christians are unified in their faith in Christ. He said that without this organizational structure, people would be led astray by all sorts of false doctrines. They wouldn't know who to believe and who not to believe. Since there are now over 40,000 different Christian denominations in existence, he (Paul) obviously knew what he was talking about.
The 40,000 or the more said, "The 30,000 Protestant denominations” argument fails on several points. First, there are not 30,000 Protestant denominations. Even under the most liberal definition of what constitutes a denomination, there are nowhere close to 30,000 Protestant denominations. The only way to get even remotely close to the 30,000 figure is to count every minor separation as an entirely different denomination. Further, the vast majority of Protestant Christians belong to just a handful of the most common Protestant denominations; i.e., Baptist, Lutheran, Methodist, Presbyterian, Pentecostal, etc. Yes, it is undeniably sad that there are so many denominations, but the 30,000 Protestant denominations argument is an extreme exaggeration of the reality of the divisions within Protestantism. Second, even if there genuinely were 30,000 Protestant denominations, one thing all Protestant denominations agree on is that Jesus is God, God is a Trinity, Jesus was crucified for out sins, and was raised bodily from the dead. And only through Him can we make it to Heaven. And Paul warned that ANY person, prophet, or angel, if they tell you a different gospel then the one he preached with Christ guiding him then, let that person, that prophet, that angel be accursed. For he is not from God. So we can know which people are not if God by comparing what they say to what the Bible says. And if they don't match up, then it's a false gospel that Jesus warned us about.

InChrist

Free4ever
There is a gargantuan difference between being the Savior of the world and being a prophet. There is absolutely nowhere in the Bible where we are told God would never send another prophet to the earth. And if the Apostles hadn't all been martyred, prophets might have continued to this day.
True, there is a vast difference between Savior and a prophet. It is difficult for me to understand why anyone would seek a prophet when the Savior and direct access to the throne of God is available to believers. Christ is sufficient for me. As the scriptures say...“God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;” Hebrews 1:1-2