• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians demanding hugs from strangers

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
There is a thin line that separates the definition of hands around the neck as a hug or strangulation...at least in my experience...

There are days I wish the greater part of humanity had one neck and I had my hands around it. :D

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
But seriously...

I am not a hugger or a toucher, nor do I like to be hugged or touched. I tolerate a pat or slap on the back or shoulder, but that's about it. My family was never huggy-kissy-touchy, which is odd for Italians, so I never learned it.

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
i was at the hospital yesterday for my wound care. a lady and her husband older, were walking around handing out flyers for their church and inviting people to church the Rodeo church,they had a stack said they going to put them on doors.

When she handed me the stupid flyer I accepted it and said thank you and allowed her mumble into me about her stupid church. I was nice the whole time. I am use to zealous conservative Christian pulling this crap in the bible belt Mesquite tx.

SO after I just thought great now I can get her out of my hair and smiled politly.

Smile and nod.

After that if that wasn't enough OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!OMG!The woman actually walked up to me grabbed my shoulders and forced me to hug her I could not get out of it.

I called the hospital today and go the number of the security. I am telling you they better not pull that with me again. i had night terrors about it last night. OMG! Next time it happens ill go in a corner and call security that can not happen again.

Why do Christians do stuff like this?
Obviously she thought that she was just having a pleasant conversation with you and thought she deserved a reward. :D*cringe* Some people though. Smh. I realize my religion is annoying to people sometimes, I just wish other people would. Lol. Some of us just don't know how to dial it back.

My guess is that while you were having that conversation about those flyers you couldn't escape the feeling of "this person is so awkward". That's completely normal. No worries there.

Sorry about the night terrors. You take care of yourself, alright?

Riders

Atheists & Jews also try to hug me.

Uh no not in Dallas tx ever. Jewish and Pagans too are underground, in the closet and mostly Atheists are too,The Jewish temples in Dallas Fort worth have had quite a few bomb threats and bombs going off by white racist neonatzi groups who claim they are Christian.

I have had 3 different atheist men I talked on dating websights who at first would not share that fact with me. They just they don't want to talk about religion its private.

They told me they don't usually tell people that in Dallas because its dangerous. There's never been any Atheists getting bombed out here but many have been stalked and witnessed to hated on by Christians and others.

The Jews out here also don't believe in witnessing to people either. I dated a guy named Mitch 6 years for 4 months. He was Jewish he told me they never witness and actually they don't even allow gentiles to join, if they want to join they have to be rejected at least 3 times or more.

So Jewish folks in Dallas don't actually witness or put flyers on peoples doors either.

Its about 75 or 80 percent Christians out here many religions are very closed outside the Christian church.

Riders

Obviously she thought that she was just having a pleasant conversation with you and thought she deserved a reward. :D*cringe* Some people though. Smh. I realize my religion is annoying to people sometimes, I just wish other people would. Lol. Some of us just don't know how to dial it back.

My guess is that while you were having that conversation about those flyers you couldn't escape the feeling of "this person is so awkward". That's completely normal. No worries there.

Sorry about the night terrors. You take care of yourself, alright?
Thank you. I saw my family theyd walk up to me smile in my face and stand there making me hug them was freaked.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
i was at the hospital yesterday for my wound care. a lady and her husband older, were walking around handing out flyers for their church and inviting people to church the Rodeo church,they had a stack said they going to put them on doors.

When she handed me the stupid flyer I accepted it and said thank you and allowed her mumble into me about her stupid church. I was nice the whole time. I am use to zealous conservative Christian pulling this crap in the bible belt Mesquite tx.

SO after I just thought great now I can get her out of my hair and smiled politly.

Smile and nod.

After that if that wasn't enough OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!OMG!The woman actually walked up to me grabbed my shoulders and forced me to hug her I could not get out of it.

I called the hospital today and go the number of the security. I am telling you they better not pull that with me again. i had night terrors about it last night. OMG! Next time it happens ill go in a corner and call security that can not happen again.

YES, HOW HORRIBLE FOR YOU THAT SOMEONE GAVE YOU A HUG AND SHOWED YOU TENDER AFFECTION. HOW WILL YOU SURVIVE THE COMING DAYS OF FEAR AND TERROR SUCCESSFULLY? PERHAPS YOU SHOULD HAVE HER JAILED, BEATEN AND CRUCIFIED!

PS. IMHO, Jesus loves you, and I do, too. (Hugs!)

Riders

YES, HOW HORRIBLE FOR YOU THAT SOMEONE GAVE YOU A HUG AND SHOWED YOU TENDER AFFECTION. HOW WILL YOU SURVIVE THE COMING DAYS OF FEAR AND TERROR SUCCESSFULLY? PERHAPS YOU SHOULD HAVE HER JAILED, BEATEN AND CRUCIFIED!

Of course not but I thoguht yall would like to be informed of handling talking to strangers differently and maybe consider oh uh being a witness by your actions like Jesus did.My Roman Catholic friend Rose never forces Jesus down my throat.

I thought you might want to know why churches aren't getting in many new poeple these days but hey if your satified happy with putting your older women in danger by having them touch and hugs on strangers in the public go right ahead.

I only know maybe or 16 people in my SAA recovery group would have responded by doing something physical and illegal in the public. So I say this not just to complain about the hug also in concern for you older women. Its not safe but its your decision.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

No one has the right to violate your space no matter what the intentions.

God knows @Riders and I hardly agree on anything, but this time she's on the right side, lol...

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Smile and nod.

hug-meme-i-will-look-for-you-i-will-find-you-and-i-will-hug-you.jpg

Hugging is awkward for me but that what some folks do. So far haven't came across any hugs of bad intention.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

Smile and nod.

Sorry to hear about that........ That was very bad manners of the Christian. Not good.

Apart from Wife and very very close friends I don't hug anybody.

In the past when I have been 'grappled' I have always put my hands on their shoulders and gently pushed them away, then offered a handshake. I do not hug people I don't love...... full stop! :)

EDIT: I might hug @Revoltingest . I shouldn't think he ever gets a hug!! :D

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Sorry to hear about that........ That was very bad manners of the Christian. Not good.

Apart from Wife and very very close friends I don't hug anybody.

In the past when I have been 'grappled' I have always put my hands on their shoulders and gently pushed them away, then offered a handshake. I do not hug people I don't love...... full stop! :)

EDIT: I might hug @Revoltingest . I shouldn't think he ever gets a hug!! :D

You'll never get that smug look out of your mind if you do...

Riders

Who's Jesus and how do you know he loves me?Its smug to think everyone knows about your religion and accept the Jesus story.

Shad

Veteran Member
Not a hugger myself. This lady invaded your personal space even with good intentions.

You have more issues than hugging if you have night terrors from this.

Riders

Not a hugger myself. This lady invaded your personal space even with good intentions.

You have more issues than hugging if you have night terrors from this.
Well yes absolutley! I spent 9 years of my life with severely emotionalistic tongue talking crazy Pentecostal s who not only thought they were the only ones going to geaven.

They ut their hands all over me layed hands one each other all the time had hours of praise worship and alte calls healing the sick and constantly inappropriatly emotionally hugging me all over the place and sometimes touching in inappropriate ways,

So when she got all emotional with me hugged me all over yea it brought back memories and I freaked out but not in front of her,

Many people have issues with hugs and other issues with church and not all of us will even be safe to hug.I am about to go back into counseling for that next month.

Thats a great reason not to go around in public places and trying to hug strangers.