• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity vs Islam

Luminous

non-existential luminary
if fact there are some points i'll be glad to mention:
first, you selectively picked up verses out of its context, honesty don't say that.

second, you missed something: you didn't attach any explanation of this holy scripts.

third, is there a war in islam? ofcourse there are wars in islam, and also there are peace and trading, and business, and banking, and medicine, and science, ...etc,
it's a religion for life, and as you know my friend there are wars in life, right?
in fact, it'll be so strange if the opposite happenes and no mentioning of that important aspect in a religion that claims it's for all people, for all ages, and for all aspect of life.

so, mentioning verses that talk about war in the way you did is very pointless unless you talk about something specific.

i hope you got me
one can attach any meaning and explanation one chooses to many word. that, and more, is what is wrong with idolizing books.

sindbad5

I see what you are trying to say,but how out of context is this even if you add the rest of it ,lets look at this
Sura 2:216, 217.
216. Fighting is prescribed for you and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth and ye know not.
217. They ask thee concerning fighting in the Prohibited Month. Say: "Fighting is a grave (offence); but graver is it in the sight of Allah to prevent access to the path of Allah to deny Him to prevent access to the Sacred Mosque and drive out its members. Tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter. Nor will they cease fighting you until they turn you back from your faith if they can. And if any of you turn back from their faith and die in unbelief their works will bear no fruit in this life and in the Hereafter; they will be Companions of the Fire and will abide therein.
The fighting is prescribed for you and you dislike it etc,is this prescribed violence or something from a religion of love and toerance

did you really read the verses above and try to mind it?
because if this happen you'll see what quran talking about.

so, why islam is a religion of peace?
it's simple, islam "prevent" muslims from assulting others, i.e. it's a very serious sin, it's may send you straight to hell.
so, muslims, think a million time before assulting others, huh?.

Allah prescribed killing a human (any human not just muslim) as killing the enire humanity.

i try to clarify the difference between "assulting with no right" and "defending".

so, please don't mix between them, and leave out all these media propaganda that generalise negatives against islam, and what some maniacs do thinking they serve islam thru exploding buses and bulidings.

sindbad5

Like I said, I don't expect you to believe it, it's non-Muslim scholarship.
yeah, what makes you think that i think that you want me to believe you?

It's a story that demonstrates how easily the people were drawn to other gods
it's incorrect, but even if we assume so, what's this relates to the fact Judiasm is from Allah or as you say not?

Exactly, and what I find interesting is in the building of the religion, from the initial reforms Muhammad attempts to make through the use of fear of hellfire, through the incorporation of Jewish and Christian stories.
you know what i found it interesting?
we are at the same line, but with opposite directions.

I have no intention to give strong points against Islam, I just like discussing the origins and evolution of the various world religions.
i think you have some beliefs
about religions, and you try to reason these beliefs thru projecting them wrongfully on islam, judiasm, and christianity.

sindbad5

one can attach any meaning and explanation one chooses to many word. that, and more, is what is wrong with idolizing books.
in islam, nothing prevent you from "Ejtehad", i.e. minding and explaining verses in new other ways (there's no religious authority like the way we found in christianity), but you and your supporters credibility is the key factor of realizing your effort by meainstream community.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
did you really read the verses above and try to mind it?
because if this happen you'll see what quran talking about.

so, why islam is a religion of peace?
it's simple, islam "prevent" muslims from assulting others, i.e. it's a very serious sin, it's may send you straight to hell.
so, muslims, think a million time before assulting others, huh?.

Allah prescribed killing a human (any human not just muslim) as killing the enire humanity.

i try to clarify the difference between "assulting with no right" and "defending".

so, please don't mix between them, and leave out all these media propaganda that generalise negatives against islam, and what some maniacs do thinking they serve islam thru exploding buses and bulidings.

So why did Muhammed and his followers attack and invade other countries and even Arabs in the forbidden month

Renji

You need to indicate what I am wrong on, otherwise I have no idea whether your comment is justified or not. I have some knowledge on Christianity and Islam, yes, I have made sure that this knowledge is correct through reading. But if I am wrong all you need to do is correct me

Well then, where did you get the idea that Muslims worship the black stone? And why did you say that some Jewish and Islamic beliefs are polytheistic? Any proofs?

Sui

So why did Muhammed and his followers attack and invade other countries and even Arabs in the forbidden month

No invasions took place during the time of Muhammad (pbuh). As for the Arabs, a small group of Muslims attacked a caravan during the forbidden month, an attack that was not authorized by Muhammad. He and the community expressed deep disappointment in the men when they returned to Madinah.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
Anyone care to discuss Islam's fundamental opposition to Christianity? Just to begin, I believe the historical controversy between the two religions is centered theologically on the concept of God. I would most like to hear from someone of the Islamic faith.

I think with every opposing religion of christianity, it's more often than not, the view of Christ that divides the groups,such things as,who he claimed to be,his life, how he was born, what he did, his death, why he went to the cross, that is to die for mankind and atone for their sins,something which they could not adequately do for themselves, which by the way flies in the face of many religions who base their righteousness on their own merit.
But more importantly, his resurrection,which ultimately sealed the truth to all mankind that he was who he claimed to be.
His proclaimation of being the only way to the father and heaven and his confession that he is the epitome of truth and that through him exclusively, is eternal life.

These, I think are what other religions are opposed to.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
No invasions took place during the time of Muhammad (pbuh). As for the Arabs, a small group of Muslims attacked a caravan during the forbidden month, an attack that was not authorized by Muhammad. He and the community expressed deep disappointment in the men when they returned to Madinah.

What about Persia,Byzantium,Iraq

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

Why are you so touchy about Muhammeds invasions

Gharib

I want Khilafah back

well i'm glad you made this this question, i was just reading this last night.

first they attacked because they didn't know that the holy month was in yet, so they attacked because they didn't know.
but then when news went to Muhammed (saws) by the non believers about this, he got very deppresed, but Allah sent down verses to him saying that it is a greater sin to drive away the muslims from the Kabba, it is a greater sin to drive them away from their home, etc. so then the non believers backed down. so now the same ting with you. it is a much greater sin to drive people away from home and to stop us from enetering the holy city (mecca). does that answer your question? i think it does but you wont accept it, true right

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
What about Persia,Byzantium,Iraq

they were not invations. are you the person i tolled about the war where the muslims were 6,000 and the enemie was 2,000,000. they all had similar causes, but like i said in the other post that i spoke about the above war, i don't need to tell the world when i am going to send you someone to deliver a message to you from me. the eneie killed the messenger of Muhammed (saws) and so they went to war for that. and the world doesn't know about this they say "oh, it was the muslims who attacked" they are the only people who invade, you know about the verses in the Kur'an that speak of war and you know very well what they say, so would the muslims go and dissobey them? would you like to tell me?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Why are you so touchy about Muhammeds invasions

NOTE: for the third time Muhammed (saws) never attacked unless he and his people were attacked. we are not touchy but we are defending the truth, the truth that you and many others wish to change around, and do not say, thats not true, because it is.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
well i'm glad you made this this question, i was just reading this last night.

first they attacked because they didn't know that the holy month was in yet, so they attacked because they didn't know.
but then when news went to Muhammed (saws) by the non believers about this, he got very deppresed, but Allah sent down verses to him saying that it is a greater sin to drive away the muslims from the Kabba, it is a greater sin to drive them away from their home, etc. so then the non believers backed down. so now the same ting with you. it is a much greater sin to drive people away from home and to stop us from enetering the holy city (mecca). does that answer your question? i think it does but you wont accept it, true right

I do in fact know of the attack on the caravan and i would like to raise some points with you,first were the non believers given less consideration because they were not Muslim.
Secondly,if they were Muslims what would have happened to the attackers of the caravan.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
by non believers you mean the caravan owners? if yes then this is what i will tell you. they were not given less consideration because they were non muslims no thats not true. the reason for the attack was because they were meccans, and the meccans took everything from the homes of the muslims and went to markets aroud the middle east to sell their goods (that of the muslims), so they went to take it back, the leader of the caravan was killed but the other 2 were captured.

as for the second question that in no way could have happened because they knew who were muslims and who werent, the muslims weren't going to head towards mecca with a caravan of goods. they werent strangers to one another, everyone knew one another

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
by non believers you mean the caravan owners? if yes then this is what i will tell you. they were not given less consideration because they were non muslims no thats not true. the reason for the attack was because they were meccans, and the meccans took everything from the homes of the muslims and went to markets aroud the middle east to sell their goods (that of the muslims), so they went to take it back, the leader of the caravan was killed but the other 2 were captured.

as for the second question that in no way could have happened because they knew who were muslims and who werent, the muslims weren't going to head towards mecca with a caravan of goods. they werent strangers to one another, everyone knew one another

So they were attacked because they were non believers

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
no they were attacked because they had the goods of the muslims. there were many othr simmilar attacks but they aen't really mentioned because it wasn't a holy mont when they did the attacks but this too was ok by Allah as he said in the verses that i tolled you about

Sui

I think with every opposing religion of christianity, it's more often than not, the view of Christ that divides the groups,such things as,who he claimed to be,his life, how he was born, what he did, his death, why he went to the cross, that is to die for mankind and atone for their sins,something which they could not adequately do for themselves, which by the way flies in the face of many religions who base their righteousness on their own merit.
But more importantly, his resurrection,which ultimately sealed the truth to all mankind that he was who he claimed to be.
His proclaimation of being the only way to the father and heaven and his confession that he is the epitome of truth and that through him exclusively, is eternal life.

These, I think are what other religions are opposed to.

Yes, I agree. Despite the countless similarities between Christians and Muslims, it's the concept of God and Jesus that serves as the major divider. The Quran glorifies Jesus abundantly, but rejects his divinity. The concept of God is also very simple and straightforward in Islam. If you ask a Muslim who God is, the typical response is probably something like this:

[Surah 112 - The Unity]

1 Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;
2 Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
3 He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
4 And there is none like unto Him.

It is apparent that unity is central to Islam, most importantly the unity of God. In Christianity, it is generally the Trinity that is emphasized. Personally, I don't understand this because such a concept is not even stressed in the Bible. If accepting the divinity and the sacrifice of Jesus is the key to salvation, why is this not stressed in the Bible over and over? You see what I mean?