• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity vs Islam

kai

ragamuffin
I'm curious what's behind your reasoning as to why the new testament (or more particularly the Gospel from Jesus) is corrupted. If it is corrupt, then what is the uncorrupt word (the Torah and the Injil) which God promised to protect (29:46 ; 15:9 ; 18:28 ; 2:36). Also, God (Yahweh) cannot nessarily do as he pleases (that's a different discussion), but I guess that would depend on what type of god you believe in.

whats behind my reasoning is the Quran. Allah has no son , Jesus was not crucified therefore no resurection, and Allah is omnipotant.and i dont beleive in any God,

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
very well

do the fact that prophet Mohamed (pbuh) run wars makes any muslim feel shame and try to hide this point so that non-muslims don't use it against him?
no at all :no:
he run wars to defend the new muslim society (or muslims allies ) or to deter others.

Isn't this just conquest,remember that your religion was a new religion so it had no history of persecution unlike the Jews or the Christians

do he send an army to invade india?
i say no, not becuase i'm touchy about him, but because that's what history tells us.
do because muslims invade india someday in histroy, it divided into 3 countries?
maybe if no muslims (or no hindus) in india could been make it stay as one country,
but what's sure is the fact that the acts and policies of english occupier what took india in the separation way.

none, ofcourse no democrasy, or even wise rule, all are tyrants
thanks to efforts spent to raise and support those tyrants tenth of years ago from the former westren occupiers tell america nowdays.

OK what about the Islamic states,there is no freedom of choice,no freedom of speech,no freedom of anything much just whole nations stuck within the confines of a book with no hope of progression.

islamcity

i have a question here and i wish someone could answer me.
do the christians believe that jesus is the son of god simply because he had no father and therefor god placed the seed or sperm or whatever inside in is mothers womb?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
do the christians believe that jesus is the son of god simply because he had no father and therefor god placed the seed or sperm or whatever inside in is mothers womb?
I hope you don't mind me responding.

Within my denomination, at least, it was because God willed him into existence, and he had a mother, and went through the whole gestation period, etc - to say "without a father" in Jewish culture would generally mean the child was a *******, and that the mother had committed pre-marital sex, which due to the interpretation of the time, would have been seen as adultery - as she was engaged to be married, but had not gotten married yet.

To me, I always took 'son' not to mean biological relationship, but to refer to Jesus' closeness to God. Nowadays, I take son to mean also 'servant', and the phrase 'son of God' = rasul, or nabi.

For some, the reason may be very different.

Ditcher161

Are you talking about his human or divine nature

Humans thrive on conflict. We love it. We can't get enough. Even if there was only one religion in existence we would find reasons to dislike, disagree, hate and kill one another. Religion is just another excuse for us to indulge our self destructive nature.

Alla Prima

After 19 pages someone must have mentioned one of the prime difference between Christianity and Islam but I'll re-state if they have because it's an important one.

Islam has no Golden Rule. Christianity, as well as any religion I can think of off hand, does.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I guess I would need to hear your explanation of the resurrection then. If he did not really die, then he wasn't resurrected? There would be no point discussing the historicity of the resurrection without knowing how you view the entire event of the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus.

They thought he was resurrected but he didn't, because he wasn't crucified in the first place. If you remember in the bible, he asked them for food because he was hungry, and he asked them to see his feet and hands. They thought he was a ghost but he wasn't. Some of his disciples kept believing that he was crucified then became a ghost, and others believed that he wasn't crucified, but at the end, what we all are sure of alike, is that Jesus ascended to heaven and that he will come back again near the end of this earthly life.

The denial of the Jesus' crucifixion presents some problems. First, if Jesus was not crucified, how can we account for the conviction of every disciple and writer of the New Testament that the crucifixion is the cornerstone of the Christian faith.

If you noticed, the Quran says, he appeared to be crucified, but they didn't crucify Jesus. So the disciples didn't lie when they said he was crucified, because this is what *appeared* to them, but that doesn't make it the whole truth, and doesn't make them liars as well.

Second, without the cross, there is obviously no resurrection. If someone else died on the cross (as suggested based on sura 4:157), then how do Muslims account for all the resurrection appearances in the Gospels and the foundational belief in the resurrection by all early Christian communities?

OK, let me ask you one simple question. In what conditions do people be resurrected?

In their full body or as a soul?

Finally, would God only making it appear that Jesus was crucified go against his very Character? This would seem to involve God in a great act of deception.

Of course not. God didn't do that. It was an act of sacrifice by one of Jesus's disciples who accepted to be in his place and be martyr for the sake of Jesus Christ and the great message he is in charge of as a great Messenger of God.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I have a question,like Christianity that has different arm,Catholic,protestant,evangelical etc,can someone tell me what the difference is,i know the Sunni and Shia difference but i have seen some others like Haneef(hope i spelled this right)i cannot remember the name for the equivellant of saint,can you please tell me the names of the most notable and why they are regarded as Saints
Thanks