• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity... An issue,

Booko

Deviled Hen
lunamoth said:
I'm more of a salsa gal myself. More important, who's covering the tunes?

luna

Glad to hear it. Since I'm allergic to dairy, how about I bring along a bit of my homemade "Salsa de Muerte?"

Seems an appropriate name for the afterlife, eh?

Hm...tunes...any volunteers?

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
frg001 said:
...Q) Moira Hindley... Notorious child killer. Repented her sins in jail and accepted jesus into her heart. Where will she go?
His sincere answer was... Heaven.

Please someone make sense of this.

David....notorious adulterer and murderer. Repented of his sins and accepted Jesus in his heart. Where will he go?

Moses...notorious murderer. Repented of his sins and accepted Jesus in his heart. Where will he go?

Saul of Tarsus (aka Paul)...notorious murderer. Repented of his sins and accepted Jesus in his heart. Where will he go?

By the way all three of those wrote most of the Bible.

A theif on the cross repented at the last moment as well. Samson broke all ten comandments and then made up some more and broke those. Known in Hebrews as a man of great faith.

The Bible is replete with great sinners who were loved by God. How about you?

Booko

Deviled Hen
sandy whitelinger said:
David....notorious adulterer and murderer. Repented of his sins and accepted Jesus in his heart. Where will he go?

Moses...notorious murderer. Repented of his sins and accepted Jesus in his heart. Where will he go?

Did I miss a joke somewhere? If you were serious, can you show me where King David or Moses accepted Jesus? Thanks.

walkamile

I belief that everyone has the right to reach some type of spirituality to keep themselves grounded in this crazy world. But after reading this article on Expertnthought.com ; I am not sure what to believe. If I could I would write a rebutal against this guys thoughts not actually disagreeing with him but maybe shedding some light on his lack of vision. Maybe one of you guys could debate with this guy.

The title of the article is "The Godly Christ-like Atheist"

bunny1ohio

nutshell said:
AlanGurvey said:
sandy whitelinger said:

I don't think this was murder. Moses was acting righteously - sometimes God demands the blood of others.

Ummm... actually since it was OT you could always use an eye for an eye.... which I do agree with.... depending on circumstances.... although he went a bit further with it since he did more than beat the man.... but he did not intentionally commit murder... according to scripture it was an accidental death.

But then again in the NT it says "Judgement is mine sayeth the Lord" and "Judge not lest ye be judged"

God did not demand that man's blood.... it was supposedly accidental .... just to clarify :)

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Booko said:
Did I miss a joke somewhere? If you were serious, can you show me where King David or Moses accepted Jesus? Thanks.

The only way you would not see this is if you did not accept that the Lord and God of the Old Testament was the same as in the New.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
bunny1ohio said:
nutshell said:
AlanGurvey said:
Ummm... actually since it was OT you could always use an eye for an eye.... which I do agree with.... depending on circumstances.... although he went a bit further with it since he did more than beat the man.... but he did not intentionally commit murder... according to scripture it was an accidental death.

But then again in the NT it says "Judgement is mine sayeth the Lord" and "Judge not lest ye be judged"

God did not demand that man's blood.... it was supposedly accidental .... just to clarify :)

Off on a "bunny" trail:jiggy: Where does it say that it was an accident?

If the death of the Egyptian was an accident and not murder then why did Moses flee?

Booko

Deviled Hen
sandy whitelinger said:
The only way you would not see this is if you did not accept that the Lord and God of the Old Testament was the same as in the New.

You're really a bad mind reader, it seems.

As it happens, I do accept that the Lord and God of the OT was the same as the New.

Now please quote me in the OT where it says Moses or King David accepted Jesus.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Booko said:
You're really a bad mind reader, it seems.

As it happens, I do accept that the Lord and God of the OT was the same as the New.

Now please quote me in the OT where it says Moses or King David accepted Jesus.

I Samuel 16:13 KJV, "Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brethren: and the Spirit of the LORD came upon David from that day forward." At least this is proof that the Lord accepted David which He will not do unless you accept Him.

Exodus 4:10 KJV, "And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue." This is proof after the fact, Moses is calling God his Lordimplying acceptance by Moses of God.

Also go to the Mount of Transfiguration in the New Testament where Mose appears in his glorified body. Futher proof of Moses' salvation.

Popeyesays

sandy whitelinger said:
I Samuel 16:13 KJV, "Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brethren: and the Spirit of the LORD came upon David from that day forward." At least this is proof that the Lord accepted David which He will not do unless you accept Him.

Exodus 4:10 KJV, "And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue." This is proof after the fact, Moses is calling God his Lordimplying acceptance by Moses of God.

Also go to the Mount of Transfiguration in the New Testament where Mose appears in his glorified body. Futher proof of Moses' salvation.

The only way to make that work, Sandy, is to accept that Jesus IS God. Booko asked where it says that Moses accepted JESUS, not God. Of course, Moses accepted God. Remember the Burning Bush? Remember the struggle between Pharaoh and Moses?

But Jesus is not mentioned in the old testament.

Regards,
Scott

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Popeyesays said:
The only way to make that work, Sandy, is to accept that Jesus IS God. Booko asked where it says that Moses accepted JESUS, not God. Of course, Moses accepted God. Remember the Burning Bush? Remember the struggle between Pharaoh and Moses?

Regards,
Scott

Good golly, let me clarify this a little more, Jesus is God.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Popeyesays said:

Regards,
Scott

Let me clarify this a little more. John 14:6 KJV, "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

Booko

Deviled Hen
sandy whitelinger said:

In none of these passages doe the name "Jesus" appear.

They accepted God, obviously.

And fwiw, I don't have any reason to question their salvation.

Booko

Deviled Hen
sandy whitelinger said:
Good golly, let me clarify this a little more, Jesus is God.

Yes, I understand you believe this, but there are people who believe in God, in the Bible, and yeah, even believe in Jesus, but don't believe that Jesus is God.

There lies the difference, I expect.