• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

christian lifestyle

syo

today's society doesn't allow people to have a christian lifestyle. today's society divides people and makes people lonely. society is ruled by the antichrist and, if someone chooses to live in accordance with the teachings of Christ, society will reject them.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
today's society doesn't allow people to have a christian lifestyle. today's society divides people and makes people lonely. society is ruled by the antichrist and, if someone chooses to live in accordance with the teachings of Christ, society will reject them.
I think if anyone actually did live in accordance with the teachings of Christ, the opposite would be true. A true Christian does not make enemies by trying to ram their beliefs down other's throats, trying to deny the rights of those who don't think like them, casting accusations of sin to others outside their group, and so forth. A true Christian would be accepting of others, not judgmental, helpful, compassionate, loving, supportive, kind, and so forth. These are things most people do not reject.

socharlie

30“I will not speak much more with you, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has nothing in Me;

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I experience the opposite. I wake up in a christian owned home. I work with openly christian coworkers. I talk with christians who are curious (as if I was an alien not an earthling) how I dont believe in god. In art history, we have nothing but christian themes. I turn on the t.v. to see christian on every sunday channel. When pagans finally emerged out of the states, they were on the news and praying around for new seasons. Stone ridge ritual, I think it was.

My coworker thought satan. I said beautiful. We have six or some odd churches almost walking distance from me. The Church pickets buisnesses that do not agree with their morals. Anti abortion signs everywhere. God bless yous are said as if it was part of a daily conversation as hello and goodbye.

Christians in the States have a great lifestyle as one unit. They have history tradition, fights, get togethers, retreats, charities, etc. No pagan book store in the open area. No buddhist temple on every block. Even UU have church like ceremonies. Not many know historically they believe in god.

South of me is even more hectic. Everywhere our laws are defined by christians.

Maybe its the area or country you live in? Most I see here are christians and muslims. Everyone I talk to believes in god.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
If anything, it would be certain minority religions that cannot live their religious lifestyle. For example, many the Humanist chaplain that was denied entrance into the Chaplain Corps even though the Navy recognizes Humanism as a religion. Or Muslims. I don't think I have to explain that one.

David1967

Premium Member

Wouldn't that depend on what area you live?

suncowiam

How convenient you've labeled society under the rule of the anti-Christ.

You know this, how?

What if it was the Christians that were wrong? What if it's religion that is wrong? Care to prove why religious morality should be objective?

Last edited:

syo

A true Christian would be accepting of others, not judgmental, helpful, compassionate, loving, supportive, kind, and so forth. These are things most people do not reject.
then why homeless people exist? where are the christians to help them?

syo

Most I see here are christians and muslims. Everyone I talk to believes in god.
theists are the worst kind of people. pretenting to believe, while there are people suffering. they don't see other people as brother and sister, they either pity them or envy them.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
today's society doesn't allow people to have a christian lifestyle.

That's what Christians who want to run society say. The overarching culture of the US is Christian; the population is largely Christian. Freedom of religion is enshrined and guaranteed in the First Amendment of the US Constitution. So Christians who say they can't practice or live their religion are simply whining and throwing temper tantrums.

syo

How convenient you've labeled society under the rule of the anti-Christ.

You know this, how?

What if it was the Christians that were wrong? What is it's religion that is wrong? Care to prove why religious morality should be objective?
true christians do not create homeless people.

suncowiam

true christians do not create homeless people.

What?

That's your proof?

As if the creation of homeless people is based on religion. What if some homeless people just wanted to be homeless? What then? We force them to own homes because religion thought it was the moral thing to do?

syo

That's what Christians who want to run society say. The overarching culture of the US is Christian; the population is largely Christian. Freedom of religion is enshrined and guaranteed in the First Amendment of the US Constitution. So Christians who say they can't practice or live their religion are simply whining and throwing temper tantrums.
the us constitution sees people as dollars. the christians in america have pockets full of money, while there are homeless and starving people.

syo

What?

That's your proof?

As if the creation of homeless people is based on religion. What if some homeless people just wanted to be homeless? What then? We force them to own homes because religion thought it was the moral thing to do?
you are joking right?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
30“I will not speak much more with you, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has nothing in Me;
I think that coming is a bad translation. Strong's Greek: 2064. ἔρχομαι (erchomai) -- to come, go John 14:30

accompany, appear, bring, come, enter, fall out, go, grow

Middle voice of a primary verb (used only in the present and imperfect tenses, the others being supplied by a kindred (middle voice) eleuthomai el-yoo'-thom-ahee, or (active) eltho el'-tho, which do not otherwise occur) to come or go (in a great variety of applications, literally and figuratively) -- accompany, appear, bring, come, enter, fall out, go, grow, X light, X next, pass, resort, be set.

People set themselves up to obey the spirit of the World's air. But not so Jesus and anyone who is with him.

I think that is what it means.

In my opinion.