• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

christian lifestyle

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
Describe the communes. When you say Christianity is supposed to look like "this" or "that" you are in essence interpreting the Scripture for everyone and saying that the church may be held to a higher standard than what it actually is.

No one forced the giving of the possessions in the book of Acts like in a Communist manifesto (even though I see other parallels between Communism and Christianity), people were filled with God's love and just wanted to give.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
No one forced the giving of the possessions in the book of Acts like in a Communist manifesto (even though I see other parallels between Communism and Christianity), people were filled with God's love and just wanted to give.
Tell that to Ananias and Sapphira.

today's society doesn't allow people to have a christian lifestyle. today's society divides people and makes people lonely. society is ruled by the antichrist and, if someone chooses to live in accordance with the teachings of Christ, society will reject them.

Oh, today's society. So true. What happen to those early Christians in that society was just a misunderstanding. People openly embraced the lifestyle back then but now the world is just backwards.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Ohhhh, good point.

In your opinion what does that mean about those two and the fact that God killed them for being selfish? Because I don't give to my church, and I haven't been struck dead.
As Bad Religion put it "I guess God was a lot more demonstrative / when he flamboyantly parted the sea."

God seems to be a lot less directly involved in people's lives these days than in the days in the Bible.

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
As Bad Religion put it "I guess God was a lot more demonstrative / when he flamboyantly parted the sea."

God seems to be a lot less directly involved in people's lives these days than in the days in the Bible.
Maybe he's just being merciful to me because he knows I'd be impoverished if I had to live on my own and pay a tithe. Seeing as I'm still with my parents maybe I just get more grace. It's not that God doesn't work, he's always at work. We just don't know how to look for his activity.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Maybe he's just being merciful to me because he knows I'd be impoverished if I had to live on my own and pay a tithe.
So you need to keep your money because you can’t count on God to provide?

Seeing as I'm still with my parents maybe I just get more grace. It's not that God doesn't work, he's always at work. We just don't know how to look for his activity.
It’s interesting that “God always at work” is indistinguishable from a god that doesn’t exist at all, IMO.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
And changing one's attitude and life for the better are arbitrary and unnecessary actions. There you have it folks.
Why would deciding that God exists necessarily "change one's attitude and life for the better?"
What would God provide?
The Gospels mention food and clothing specifically, along with less specific statements about God meeting needs in general.