• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian denominations vs JW "New Light", Unity and Truth

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe people can be united in error. In an authoritative organization all the followers will be in as much error as the leaders. So unity is not necessarily a good thing. I can recall a sect where the leader led all his followers to death because of his folly.

Muffled

Jesus in me
What a great post! I found your insights to be very informative. I was raised Catholic and see such similarities between religious groups, like the Jehovah's Witnesses and others who have top down leadership such as; a pope, governing body, prophet, etc. , which they look to and are expected to follow. I also appreciate your thoughts concerning denominations. At one time I was a member of a religious group that prided itself on the fact that everywhere in the world the Sunday school classes were on the same lesson. This was pointed to as being better than all the variation of denominations of Christendom and proof they were the true Church. It wasn't until after I was saved I realized the difference between conformity and the unity with diversity that exists in the Body of Christ.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

I believe that fits in with his understanding that saved people have their salvation in common. After that we are all learning, even an old codger like me.

Muffled

Jesus in me
No, I am afraid I don't really agree with Reformed theology. I went to a reformed church for four years though and did get a pretty good understanding of that perspective.

I believe I attended a Reformed Baptist Church for a while but that probably isn't the same thing. They did not believe in speaking in tongues so I did my best to hold my tongue, lol.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
No questions.. I don't see how its possible for Jesus to have lived and died in Kashmir, however I think its a harmless belief... I am not troubled by it.
Why it is not possible, please? It is a place here on earth where people from Jewish ancestors live. There are people there who claim they are off-springs of Jesus. Mary also rests in a grave in a town who has been named after her called Murree a hilly resort near Islamabad capital of Pakistan.

Regards

sooda

Veteran Member
Why it is not possible, please? It is a place here on earth where people from Jewish ancestors live. There are people there who claim they are off-springs of Jesus. May also rests in a grave in a town who has been named after her called Murree a hilly resort near Islamabad capital of Pakistan.

Regards

Who is "May"?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Oh.. Well, there are also legends that she went to France with Joseph of Arimathea ...
All such things show that Jesus did not die on the Cross and lived after this episode of Cross. There was no religious restriction on him to travel from place to place.

Regards

sooda

Veteran Member
All such things show that Jesus did not die on the Cross and lived after this episode of Cross. There was no religious restriction on him to travel from place to place.

Regards

How do you know Jesus didn't die on the cross?

sooda

Veteran Member
There are many clues in the NT Bible itself to that effect. For instance Jesus' fervent prayers to G-d in the Garden of Gethsemane to save his life. Right, please?

Regards

I understand why you would question the crucifixion, but my tradition is very old and its part of my training and heritage.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I understand why you would question the crucifixion, but my tradition is very old and its part of my training and heritage.
I respect one's tradition and heritage, but one should note that the supplications of Jesus in the Garden could not go unheard by G-d. And for this there is also a clue in the NTBible itself:

New International Version
During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission.
Hebrews 5:7 During the days of Jesus' earthly life, He offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the One who could save Him from death, and He was heard because of His reverence.

In fact it should be a good tiding for the followers of Jesus that his life was saved from the death on Cross. Why should not accept these good tidings?

Regards

sooda

Veteran Member
I respect one's tradition and heritage, but one should note that the supplications of Jesus in the Garden could not go unheard by G-d. And for this there is also a clue in the NTBible itself:

New International Version
During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission.
Hebrews 5:7 During the days of Jesus' earthly life, He offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the One who could save Him from death, and He was heard because of His reverence.

In fact it should be a good tiding for the followers of Jesus that his life was saved from the death on Cross. Why should not accept these good tidings?

Regards

Did anyone in Kashmir write anything about Jesus in the 80 or so years he lived there?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Well, its a bit of a stretch since Mirza Ghulam Ahmad wasn't born until the 1830s.

I think one understood me wrong. One said "Did anyone in Kashmir write anything about Jesus in the 80 or so years he lived there?". I said that I could not find anything like that which was written while Jesus lived in Kashmir within 80 years he lived in Kashmir.
Mirza Ghulam Ahmad was born in 1835 and died in 1908.
Regards