• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christ Has returned, what should have we looked for?

Are you awaiting Christ's return?

• Yes

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • No

Votes: 34 58.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • I'm Fence sitting

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Just a popcorn question

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Definitly never

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • He has Come

Votes: 10 17.2%

• Total voters

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Anyone who believes that physical bodies will rise from graves and live in a restored Garden of Eden are living is a complete fantasy.
Isaiah 25:8, Isaiah 26:19, Ezekiel 37:1-14, Daniel 12:2, Revelation 21:4, Matthew 25:46, etc...

These are all quite clear in the Bible, would read both Isaiah 25 and Isaiah 26 as it is all the same time reference; just the same as we find referenced in Ezekiel 37, Daniel 12, and Revelation 21.

We could also look up all the Zoroastrian, and Islamic references to the Resurrection of the Dead...

In the Hindu texts the infinite Siddhas come back from higher dimensions, as this realm returns to an Age of Enlightenment (Satya Yuga).

In my opinion. :innocent:

Neb

It is a fact that some Arabic translations of the Bible did have Baha'u'llah written in them. These Bibles were removed after the Message of Baha'u'llah became known.
When you translate the “glory of God” that is in the Bible or from Ancient Hebrew Text to any languages, like Arabic or Greek, it will, or it should follow its language translation from the original language without intentionally omitting or committing any words from the original language.

Example: The original Old Testament or the Ancient Hebrew Text was translated into LXX or the Original Greek or the Septuagint word for word without any errors at all.

So, from LXX, the Original Greek translation of the Ancient Hebrew Text, it was translated to Hebrew Text again, but it was NOT to the Original Ancient Hebrew Text, and then to Greek again by Aquila, Symmachus, and Theodotion versions of the Septuagint, a pro-Jewish version, but NOT from the Original Septuagint/LXX, then to Masoretic Text to where we are right now, this is the Old Testament.

What is the difference between these translations?

Irenaeus [202 AD] concerning Isaiah 7:14: The Septuagint/LXX, or the Original Greek translation of the Ancient Hebrew Text, clearly wrote: “a virgin” that shall conceive. While the Hebrew text [NOT the Original Ancient Hebrew Text] was, according to Irenaeus, at that time interpreted by Theodotion and Aquila (both proselytes of the Jewish faith) as “a young woman” that shall conceive thus denying the “virgin birth” in Matthew 1:23.

According to Irenaeus, the Ebionites used this to claim that Joseph was the (biological) father of Jesus. From Irenaeus' point of view that was pure heresy, facilitated by (late) anti-Christian alterations of the scripture in Hebrew, as evident by the older, pre-Christian, Septuagint/OG/LXX. IOW, these anti-Christians during that time were refuting the virgin birth by altering the word of God by means changing the original meaning of the word “virgin/Parthenos/LXX” to a “young woman with child”, the pro-Jewish version.

IOW, your twisted translation of Bahaullah from Arabic to English of the “glory of god/allah” does NOT in any way translate into the “Glory of God/ Elohim, Jehovah, or Yahweh”. They don’t have the same meaning.

Your god/allah is NOT the same as the “God” of the Bible.

Neb

The Revelation of Muhammad is foretold in Daniel and revelation. Chapters 11 and 12 of Revelation contain a lot of Information about the Message of Muhammad that would last 1260 years, to which it did.

Both the Koran and the Baha'i Writings Testify to all Gods Messengers. You need to be just and find this for your own self.
I must warn you that there is danger in interpreting the book of Revelation.

“I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto them, God shall add unto him the plagues which are written in this book:” “and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the tree of life, and out of the holy city, which are written in this book.” –Revelation 22:18-19

Neb

Yes One God in His many names, culminating in the Greatest Name. Those with ears let them hear what the Spirit says to the Churches. There is no trinity doctrine, though there are 3 aspects. God. Holy Spirit. Messenger.
Do you know the difference between “ECHAD” and “YACHID”? An “Echad” is a “United ONE/Echad” and “Yachid” an “Only ONE/Yachid”. Guess who changed Echad to Yachid? Maimonides, that’s who. Why? In Echad there’s the Triune God while in Yachid an only one God. This is one of the many twisted translations, like yours, that’s been going around for centuries.

Neb

Yes the Word is Baha'u'llah, it is all the Names of God. It is Jehovah, Allah, Buddha, Moses, Abraham, Krishna, Muhammad ....etc.
This is like mixing everything in a casserole and trying so hard to sell it to people. Come one, come all, fuss-free, guaranteed you’ll be entertained. This is pluralism taken to extremes. What is it that you did not understand in Exodus 20:3 "Thou shalt have no other gods before me."
All those names have a Meaning, those meanings find the Oneness in Baha'u'llah. This is the God we can know, it is the God of Attributes and not God in Essence.
Mírzá Ḥusayn-`Alí Núrí, a Persian Shi'ite, aka, baha’u’llah who came from Ishmael and NOT from Isaac. NOT in the Bible.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
Oh I agree Yeshua fulfilled the prophecies before the 2nd temple destruction, and the diaspora was because of his rejection (Luke 19:41-44)....

What i was saying is what came after is false (Christianity John, Paul, Simon), and then Baha'i copied the false bits, rather than the real bits; which proves they don't know what is going on.

I don't believe you have ever shown any evidence that there are false bits. However one is not going to get confirmation from the Baha's because the writings aren't any better than commentaries.

Muffled

Jesus in me
you wouldn't see it coming, nor going. it would happen in a flash.

so how are you going to experience someone as an electrical charge that lasts............ roughly 30 microseconds?

When the two connect, an electrical current flows as negative charges fly down the channel towards earth and a visible flash of lightning streaks upward at some 200,000,000 mph (300,000,000 kph), transferring electricity as lightning in the process.

don't blink, you might miss it?

I believe this is a misunderstanding on your part. "Like lightning" does not mean that it is lightning. The most common occurrence of a light going across the skies is a comet and considering the cosmological signs in Mat. 24:29 a comet fits right in.

I believe people did miss it because they did not know what to look for or were not paying attention.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Thanks for the link...

The problem with that is, it hasn't established that John is detrimentally misrepresenting Yeshua's character in numerous occasions, compared with the Synoptic Gospels...

Thus equating light and dark ideologies as a reason to think John was Essene, is something we find in almost any religion around the world, thus it isn't a logical premise to build from....

It is like asking is the Gospel of John Gnostic for the same reasons.

John to me is written by the Sanhedrin, as it is detailed in that area; knowing private conversations between them, and hearsay evidence of what the Sanhedrin thought about Yeshua.

So now you can cast aspersions on Peter as well?
1Pe 2:9 But ye are an elect race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, that ye may show forth the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

I believe there is absolutely no evidence for this. We have evidence that John knew the High Priest well enough to be present when the Sanhedrin judged Jesus but John doesn't mention having an affinity for him. Maybe we could presume that John didn't have anything nasty to say about the high priest but it appears more likely that John was just reporting what happened.

Milton Platt

This thread is simple. This is about the promise of Christ Return.

From a Baha'i point of view this event has happened and was Fulfilled in the Messages of the Bab ("Gate") and Baha'u'llah ("Glory of God", or "Glory of the Lord").

As many await this event, both Christians and Muslims, how did we miss the greatest moment in History to date, would be the over-riding question to consider with this OP.

View attachment 20526

But lets go for a further three options;

What should have we looked for?
What are you still waiting for?
Why are you sitting with popcorn?

I guess when he shows up on a video on the evening news, I'll give him some thought.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
IOW, your twisted translation of Bahaullah from Arabic to English of the “glory of god/allah” does NOT in any way translate into the “Glory of God/ Elohim, Jehovah, or Yahweh”. They don’t have the same meaning.

Your god/allah is NOT the same as the “God” of the Bible.

'Glory of God' or 'Glory of the Lord' is Arabic Baha'u'llah.

No twist needed.

Jehovah, Yahwah is also the 'Glory of God', both known as the 'Greatest Name' of God.

Baha'u'llah has given an answer to you;

"..One and all, they shall arise with all their power to resist His Cause. Then shall the knights of the Lord, assisted by His grace from on high, strengthened by faith, aided by the power of understanding, and reinforced by the legions of the Covenant, arise and make manifest the truth of the verse: ‘Behold the confusion that hath befallen the tribes of the defeated!’”

Every time you now read your Bible, you will now know that the 'Glory of God', Baha'u'llah has come.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I must warn you that there is danger in interpreting the book of Revelation.

“I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto them, God shall add unto him the plagues which are written in this book:” “and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the tree of life, and out of the holy city, which are written in this book.” –Revelation 22:18-19

It is good I did not have to as I in no way would have been able to do so. The Glory of God gave the Keys of Translation, provided many explanations of how to read Revelation and then many worthy souls have used them

The Seals were opened as promised.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do you know the difference between “ECHAD” and “YACHID”? An “Echad” is a “United ONE/Echad” and “Yachid” an “Only ONE/Yachid”. Guess who changed Echad to Yachid? Maimonides, that’s who. Why? In Echad there’s the Triune God while in Yachid an only one God. This is one of the many twisted translations, like yours, that’s been going around for centuries.

Luckily I did not have to consider all the spin man has put on scriptures. I had no Faith until the Glory of God did light my life.

If you are using this argument to disprove Baha'u'llah, then it is a twisted argument.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This is like mixing everything in a casserole and trying so hard to sell it to people. Come one, come all, fuss-free, guaranteed you’ll be entertained. This is pluralism taken to extremes. What is it that you did not understand in Exodus 20:3 "Thou shalt have no other gods before me."

I have One God as we all do, it is not I making another God or chaining up Gods Hands.

It is what Christ is, the I Am, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End, the Alpha and Omega. All of God's Names in One.

I do not have to Hard sell the Glory of God, the returned Christ.

You can take the advice or leave it, it is free and you have free will.

Regards Tony

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
We can indeed have that. That is what this thread is about.

The return has happened, the world is in its judgement day, all of us face this judgement and the Standard we are judged against is to be found in the Writings of the Baha'i faith.

Regards Tony
I am aware of precisely zero actual evidence for any such thing. And your very confident assertion does nothing at all to convince me. I find it easier to read how the world progresses, and what that tells me is that there's nothing happening but what us human folks (along with some natural laws, a few planetary flaw, and so on) do.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am aware of precisely zero actual evidence for any such thing. And your very confident assertion does nothing at all to convince me. I find it easier to read how the world progresses, and what that tells me is that there's nothing happening but what us human folks (along with some natural laws, a few planetary flaw, and so on) do.

Yes quite a few are still unaware of this.

We must mow work together to build a future of a united world, where all people are equally cared for, while retaining our diversity.

That is the Message given in this Age, that is what we must all now work towards.

Regards Tony

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I am aware of precisely zero actual evidence for any such thing. And your very confident assertion does nothing at all to convince me.
There is scads of evidence for the Baha'i Faith, more evidence actually than for any other religion in history; and it is verifiable evidence, unlike evidence for the religions of the past.
I find it easier to read how the world progresses, and what that tells me is that there's nothing happening but what us human folks (along with some natural laws, a few planetary flaw, and so on) do.
That's true, because God has left it to us human folks to build a better world, little by little, day by day. :)

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That is why the Jews rejected Jesus. Some of what He brought was new, so it did not fit with their understandings of their scriptures and what they were expecting the Messiah to be like according to their prophecies. Jesus partially fulfilled their prophecies so Jesus was a Messiah, He just was not the Messiah associated with the Messianic Age.

I like it we are always learning. I had read Baha'u'llahs Tablet to Pope Pius IX quite a few times, it was when I read it tonight the recall of this conversation came to me and I thought I would share.

Note the part about the Messiah

"...O followers of the Son! We have once again sent John unto you, and He, verily, hath cried out in the wilderness of the Bayán: O peoples of the world! Cleanse your eyes! The Day whereon ye can behold the Promised One and attain unto Him hath drawn nigh! O followers of the Gospel! Prepare the way! The Day of the advent of the Glorious Lord is at hand! Make ready to enter the Kingdom. Thus hath it been ordained by God, He Who causeth the dawn to break.
Give ear unto that which the Dove of Eternity warbleth upon the twigs of the Divine Lote-Tree: O peoples of the earth! We sent forth him who was named John to baptize you with water, that your bodies might be cleansed for the appearance of the Messiah. He, in turn, purified you with the fire of love and the water of the spirit in anticipation of these Days whereon the All-Merciful hath purposed to cleanse you with the water of life at the hands of His loving providence. This is the Father foretold by Isaiah, and the Comforter concerning Whom the Spirit had covenanted with you. Open your eyes, O concourse of bishops, that ye may behold your Lord seated upon the Throne of might and glory...."

I had to look at God Pases by again and Shoghi Effendi's list of references to the Titles of Baha'u'llah, at this link -

Bahá'í Reference Library - God Passes By, Pages 89-103

The Messiah is not a Title used.

Food for thought.

Regards Tony