• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chomsky: Most dangerous organization on Earth

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Mainstream media usually ignore Chomsky, but with an extraordinary claim like this, I expect someone will pick up on it.
Outlandish? Well, no. "The party is dedicated to racing as rapidly as possible to destruction of organized human life. There is no historical precedent for such a stand."
Noam Chomsky on why the Republican Party is the most 'dangerous organisation in human history'

Noam Chomsky: The Republican Party Is the 'Most Dangerous Organization in World History'

Comments? Kudos? guffaws?

Laika

Premium Member
Mainstream media usually ignore Chomsky, but with an extraordinary claim like this, I expect someone will pick up on it.

Noam Chomsky on why the Republican Party is the most 'dangerous organisation in human history'

Noam Chomsky: The Republican Party Is the 'Most Dangerous Organization in World History'

Given the importance of Climate Change I agree with Chomsky. I'm pretty sure Trump would take it as a compliment and a badge of honour though.

trump-coal-gty-er-170823_16x9_992.jpg

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Good grief, Charlie Brown. An evidently forgotten Nazi Party comes to mind when we speak of wholesale human destruction. (There's curmudgeonship for ya, @Revoltingest.)

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I respect Chomsky's viewpoint, although I consider both the Democratic and Republican parties to be part of the same organization, which I agree is dangerous. Whether it's the "most dangerous organization in world history," that may be debatable.

atanu

Premium Member

Kudos.

I wish that India had such people who could speak against so called leaders who have actually been hoisted up by plundering lobbies.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I respect Chomsky's viewpoint, although I consider both the Democratic and Republican parties to be part of the same organization, which I agree is dangerous. Whether it's the "most dangerous organization in world history," that may be debatable.
The "most dangerous country in world history" would be an easier argument to make.
Some merit there, but even that I don't buy.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Given the importance of Climate Change I agree with Chomsky. I'm pretty sure Trump would take it as a compliment and a badge of honor though.
Well, it is coming from the Chompmeister himself, so, yes, Trump would likely see it as a sign that he is doing something right.

You do have to keep in mind that Chomsky is a first rank linguist and so he knows how to play an audience for the maximum effect as he realizes they won't drill down too deeply to think about the absurdity of what he is saying. He knew the headlines would play well reassuring many that their hero believes precisely what they have long suspected. Easy as pie, really.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

I guess if we ignore every single Nazi, Stalinist, fascist, and terrorist organization in history, he might be right.

This kind of irresponsibly blind, deeply prejudiced statement is what happens when bipartisan politics is allowed to override reason and facts. Chomsky's statement doesn't sound less absurd than some Trumpisms, which is quite a feat.

tytlyf

Not Religious
I guess if we ignore every single Nazi, Stalinist, fascist, and terrorist organization in history, he might be right.

This kind of irresponsibly blind, deeply prejudiced statement is what happens when bipartisan politics is allowed to override reason and facts. Chomsky's statement doesn't sound less absurd than some Trumpisms, which is quite a feat.
Chomsky is referring to something not related to Nazi's, etc.

Noam Chomsky has argued the Republican Party is the most “dangerous organisation in human history” and the world has never seen an organisation more profoundly committed to destroying planet earth.

Has nothing to do with what you mentioned.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Chomsky is referring to something not related to Nazi's, etc.

Has nothing to do with what you mentioned.

It's not like the mega-mass-murder and wars carried out by, say, Stalinists and Nazis were eco-friendly. Also, it seems to me that the environmentally destructive policies of the GOP are a byproduct of primary motives such as corporate greed, not something they're actively pursuing just for the sake of destroying the planet.

Chomsky is just engaging in histrionics... and not for the first time.

tytlyf

Not Religious
It's not like the mega-mass-murder and wars carried out by, say, Stalinists and Nazis were eco-friendly. Also, it seems to me that the environmentally destructive policies of the GOP are a byproduct of primary motives such as corporate greed, not something they're actively pursuing just for the sake of destroying the planet.

Chomsky is just engaging in histrionics... and not for the first time.
He's specifically referring to climate change. The party that denies it's happening because they're lobbied by big oil. There's has never been such a threat in the past to human survival on this planet.
And it's all for greed