• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Choice... someone's personal story

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I am a pagan witch now. According to my religious beliefs being nonbinary, trans, gender noncomforming, gay or lesbian, asexual... all of that can be a spiritual gift.

Some of the gods and best religious leaders in many different cultures and beliefs (prechristian Norse paganism being one) were what we would today call lgbt.
It also helps my mom is native and they have the concept of twospirit people in many native tribes. Im not two spirited there's no native idenitity for the Lakota tribe that my mom is of, for AFAB individuals that are not women but other tribes have two spirited individuals that are AFAB and take on a gender neurtal role.
They do have the Winkte among the Lakota which are AMAB folk who act as female. Plus I never was raised with her so i don't know a lot of traditions. But she told me in many Native tribes I would've likely been considered a spiritual leader.

I am glad you found your way that works for you. I found it through philosophy.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
If she's happy, I'm happy for her. It doesn't sound like she was a trans man, but rather a confused lesbian. In that case, it's good that she detransitioned because testosterone therapy causes permanent changes and these accumulate over time. God doesn't seem to send those visions to all of us, though. There's many LGBT Christian people who are at peace with both.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Can't you be happy for her?

What's to be happy about? That for now, she's no longer the target of religious bigotry? Her problem is not being transgender. It's being transgender in a world where she is considered diseased, and where people celebrate her attempt to conform to their expectations. It's pretty much a sure thing that this will lead to a state of internal turmoil attempting the suppress intuitions that just don't go away. She may succeed for the rest of her life trying to conform to Christian expectations, but we know how such lives are experienced. Or she may struggle for a while and then succumb to her instincts. Either way, it's not going to be as good for her as being herself and being accepted for that would be.

This is not a victory, and there is nothing to be happy about here the way we might celebrate an alcoholic finding sobriety. Unlike alcoholism, transgenderism is not a disease and needs no cure. There is nothing more to celebrate here than there is making a lefty use his right hand instead because you consider left-handedness a defect.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Unlike alcoholism, transgenderism is not a disease and needs no cure.
It's a medical condition and a pretty awful one to have. I hate being trans. It's not something to celebrate. It's hard, and hormones and surgery don't cure your dysphoria. They can help, but they aren't cures. I'd jump at the chance for a cure. Who the hell wants to have a mismatched body?

If someone finds relief and contentment outside of taking hormones or having major surgery, that's actually a good thing. I don't agree with all of her views, but it's a good thing if she genuinely came to be comfortable in her own skin, which is something that eludes probably most of us. Congrats.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
If she's happy, I'm happy for her. It doesn't sound like she was a trans man, but rather a confused lesbian. In that case, it's good that she detransitioned because testosterone therapy causes permanent changes and these accumulate over time. God doesn't seem to send those visions to all of us, though. There's many LGBT Christian people who are at peace with both.

If that's the case, I wonder if living in a religious environment actually created the confusion in the first place as in instilling the notion that only a man can rightfully love and have a romantic (and sexual) relationship with a woman, thus leading to an internalized need to transition even though she wasn't ever trans, and "just" lesbian. This would explain why she didn't feel satisfied with her transition, like at all. One explanation out of many, I humbly admit. Just something that came through my mind when I read your post.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
What few realize is that the human body creates hormones, and how our mental state is manipulated can cause hormones to be secreted into our blood. Adrenaline is one such hormone that we feel in our brain when we are excited or afraid.

The euphoria we feel from hormones can become a habit, and we learn how to behave and believe in way that make these chemicals enter our blood and stimulate our brains. So this is a type of self-medication. Religious fervor does seem to do this, and can explain why the fervent are so dedicated to their religious rituals, beliefs, and habits. Many interpret the feelings and experience of these chemicals in the brain as an experience with God.

Seems reasonable, I wonder if it actually works like that, but it does seem reasonable to me in principle.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
it is a shame how people try to medicate people. Heart goes out to her.
Thank you for sharing the video. Quite a story. The part about locking her up in mental institutions shocked me most. Incredible they do that in the US (Holland probably not much better) and calling themselves civilized.
Quite inhumane our governments allowing this to happen...if it were 1500 I can understand, but now in the year 2010 or so, definitely not. Those doctors and Big Pharma should be ashamed

Happy to hear she found God, and has God speak to her and performing quite a miracle. She looks beautiful now, and she is a good inspiration for many

Good message in the video. God does not judge or condemn her. God told her she is free to choose. That was the part I liked a lot. A truly loving God, always willing and ready to help, if we just allow Him. That's my experience too

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
My problem with the video is different. I have no way of knowing if the story is true or not. There's so much fakery and lying these days that I have to have some confirming second and perhaps third source from reliable outlets as a starting point.

Psalm23

My problem with the video is different. I have no way of knowing if the story is true or not. There's so much fakery and lying these days that I have to have some confirming second and perhaps third source from reliable outlets as a starting point.

That's understandable. I think you bring up a good point.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
If it was I probably wouldn't have been nonbinary.
I tried so long as a kid to change the fact im nonbinary and tried to be a woman. It didnt work.

I now am ok with being nonbinary and see it as a gift from the gods but back then I became suicidal cuz I tried so hard not to be trans
@SomeRandom
Why is this funny?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Can you be happy for all of those stories of where people made a choice that worked for them individual? Just yes or no! Come clean for once.
If you are happy, I am happy for you!

But I did take note that you didn't reply whether you were happy for this young lady who found her freedom.

What I do know is that God loves everybody!!!!!

Gargovic Malkav

If a demon stole my idenity that's a ok with me. If im possessed well the demon ain't harmed me but i sure wish they would talk to me. Im sure having lived a few thousand years a demon could give me some advice on a few things and be useful. Maybe even pay rent

Or.. the demon can use all that life experience against you.
If the demon in question has been around for so long it probably got to know very well how the human mind works, modifying their people of interest so to get them to think and do things that are "harmful" while such people feel it is right because it makes them feel good.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Or.. the demon can use all that life experience against you.
If the demon in question has been around for so long it probably got to know very well how the human mind works, modifying their people of interest so to get them to think and do things that are "harmful" while such people feel it is right because it makes them feel good.
Im optimistic

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
If you are happy, I am happy for you!

But I did take note that you didn't reply whether you were happy for this young lady who found her freedom.

What I do know is that God loves everybody!!!!!

I am happy for everybody who find their place in regards to their sex, sexualitity and gender. What about you?