• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Choice... someone's personal story

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
it is a shame how people try to medicate people. Heart goes out to her.

Yeah, it is a shame. As a neurodiverse I would have no life without my medication. So get out of my life. They tried to make me neurotypical and that was even worse. She did what she did, but that is not universal. Nor is my story that. So could you try to let us be different and don't force your superiority down on everybody else. We are all variations, and your kind is not the standard.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
it is a shame how people try to medicate people. Heart goes out to her.
I think what medications one may take is their decision with input from their doctor and possibly clergy if they so choose. In and of itself, I don't think there's anything wrong with being transgender as we are not "built" the same way.

I have a granddaughter who is gay because that's her, so who am I to tell her that she's wrong? We are very close, and I would never do anything to hurt her and end that bond we share.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Also...gender identity is not a choice.
If it was I probably wouldn't have been nonbinary.
I tried so long as a kid to change the fact im nonbinary and tried to be a woman. It didnt work.

I now am ok with being nonbinary and see it as a gift from the gods but back then I became suicidal cuz I tried so hard not to be trans

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Yeah, it is a shame. As a neurodiverse I would have no life without my medication. So get out of my life. They tried to make me neurotypical and that was even worse. She did what she did, but that is not universal. Nor is my story that. So could you try to let us be different and don't force your superiority down on everybody else. We are all variations, and your kind is not the standard.
Superiority? Where?

i think you are extrapolating what isn't there.

Can't you be happy for her?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
You've never taken any medications before, Ken?
That isn't what I am saying. When people think that when there is an issue it automatically means drug the person up... it is wrong. (As she stated)

Koldo

Outstanding Member
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=314569464125401

This is a story. It is her/his encounter with God. Other religions may have their own success story.

Just to show that choice and change is possible.

I feel so sorry for her.
She filled the void in her heart with fundie's bull****.

For those of you that didn't watch the whole thing, this part might be of particular interest at 6:10 :
"The next day, I went to church and I got set free of the demonic spirit of Jezebel and I didn't know anything about demons. I didn't know there was a spirit behind homosexuality. I didn't know there was demons behind false identities but there was. And I know now that James Harley which was the name that I went by... James was a false identity that was never who I was. But the Devil stole my identity from a very young age and that is why I believed I was born that way, because I was 4 and I didn't know better."

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I feel so sorry for her.

For those of you that didn't watch the whole thing, this part might be of particular interest at 6:10 :
"The next day, I went to church and I got set free of the demonic spirit of Jezebel and I didn't know anything about demons. I didn't know there was a spirit behind homosexuality. I didn't know there was demons behind false identities but there was. And I know now that James Harley which was the name that I went by... James was a false identity that was never who I was. But the Devil stole my identity from a very young age and that is why I believed I was born that way, because I was 4 and I didn't know better."
Thanks for watching it so I don't have to. :thumbsup:

VoidCat

I feel so sorry for her.

If a demon stole my idenity that's a ok with me. If im possessed well the demon ain't harmed me but i sure wish they would talk to me. Im sure having lived a few thousand years a demon could give me some advice on a few things and be useful. Maybe even pay rent

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
That isn't what I am saying. When people think that when there is an issue it automatically means drug the person up... it is wrong. (As she stated)

I think medical professionals are typically more qualified than the general population to make the call as to whether medication would help someone.

And let's be honest here...your issue isn't the medications. You'd oppose trans and nonbinary people being themselves even if they took no meds.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I feel so sorry for her.

What few realize is that the human body creates hormones, and how our mental state is manipulated can cause hormones to be secreted into our blood. Adrenaline is one such hormone that we feel in our brain when we are excited or afraid.

The euphoria we feel from hormones can become a habit, and we learn how to behave and believe in way that make these chemicals enter our blood and stimulate our brains. So this is a type of self-medication. Religious fervor does seem to do this, and can explain why the fervent are so dedicated to their religious rituals, beliefs, and habits. Many interpret the feelings and experience of these chemicals in the brain as an experience with God.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
If it was I probably wouldn't have been nonbinary.
I tried so long as a kid to change the fact im nonbinary and tried to be a woman. It didnt work.

I now am ok with being nonbinary and see it as a gift from the gods but back then I became suicidal cuz I tried so hard not to be trans

You are not alone. As a gay person who used to be a conservative Evangelical, I saw so much of this kind of propaganda about how "Jesus can heal your homosexuality! Watch this video of Steve, God freed him!" And it turns out, that whole set of ministries has been a complete farce from top to bottom and even leaders within the "ex-gay" world have admitted as much.

I'm so happy you have grown to accept yourself. :yellowheart:

F1fan

Veteran Member
I think medical professionals are typically more qualified than the general population to make the call as to whether medication would help someone.

And let's be honest here...your issue isn't the medications. You'd oppose trans and nonbinary people being themselves even if they took no meds.
And when a person has a hard opposition to LGTBQ people we have to look at what influenced their judgment and attitude. This intolerance is a very political issue in the USA.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Superiority? Where?

i think you are extrapolating what isn't there.

Can't you be happy for her?

Can you be happy for all of those stories of where people made a choice that worked for them individual? Just yes or no! Come clean for once.

VoidCat

You are not alone. As a gay person who used to be a conservative Evangelical, I saw so much of this kind of propaganda about how "Jesus can heal your homosexuality! Watch this video of Steve, God freed him!" And it turns out, that whole set of ministries has been a complete farce from top to bottom and even leaders within the "ex-gay" world have admitted as much.

I'm so happy you have grown to accept yourself. :yellowheart:
I am a pagan witch now. According to my religious beliefs being nonbinary, trans, gender noncomforming, gay or lesbian, asexual... all of that can be a spiritual gift.

Some of the gods and best religious leaders in many different cultures and beliefs (prechristian Norse paganism being one) were what we would today call lgbt.
It also helps my mom is native and they have the concept of twospirit people in many native tribes. Im not two spirited there's no native idenitity for the Lakota tribe that my mom is of, for AFAB individuals that are not women but other tribes have two spirited individuals that are AFAB and take on a gender neurtal role.
They do have the Winkte among the Lakota which are AMAB folk who act as female. Plus I never was raised with my mom so i don't know a lot of traditions. But she told me in many Native tribes I would've likely been considered a spiritual leader.