• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Choice... someone's personal story

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
My problem with the video is different. I have no way of knowing if the story is true or not. There's so much fakery and lying these days that I have to have some confirming second and perhaps third source from reliable outlets as a starting point.
Yes. Religious definitely make up stories a lot.

If I hear about conversing with the Atheist professor while on a flight to the convention again, I'm gonna puke.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I think what medications one may take is their decision with input from their doctor and possibly clergy if they so choose. In and of itself, I don't think there's anything wrong with being transgender as we are not "built" the same way.

I have a granddaughter who is gay because that's her, so who am I to tell her that she's wrong? We are very close, and I would never do anything to hurt her and end that bond we share.
And I would never do anything to hurt my daughter and end bonds either. :) We build bridges, not destroy bridges.

Kenny

Premium Member
Thank you for sharing the video. Quite a story. The part about locking her up in mental institutions shocked me most. Incredible they do that in the US (Holland probably not much better) and calling themselves civilized.
Quite inhumane our governments allowing this to happen...if it were 1500 I can understand, but now in the year 2010 or so, definitely not. Those doctors and Big Pharma should be ashamed

Happy to hear she found God, and has God speak to her and performing quite a miracle. She looks beautiful now, and she is a good inspiration for many

Good message in the video. God does not judge or condemn her. God told her she is free to choose. That was the part I liked a lot. A truly loving God, always willing and ready to help, if we just allow Him. That's my experience too

Thank you. And that was the point of the video. Someone had said we don't have the power to choose whereas God said we did and this young lady took God at His word!

Appreciate your thought.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Thank you. And that was the point of the video. Someone had said we don't have the power to choose whereas God said we did and this young lady took God at His word!

Appreciate your thought.
Very true indeed

I remember a beautiful long prayer, in short:
"God can do so many things, if only you surrender. Which means you give your problem to me, and let me take care of it...completely, that means that you don't even think about the problem...and if needed, I will even perform a miracle"

I know this is true, as I have seen it happen to others, as well as to myself on so many occasions. Both with people praying to Jesus and Sai Baba

First time I prayed was like "God, I have no clue who you are, but doctors told me that I am about to die. I am fine with that, because it would be a relieve from ca. 2 month diarrhea and vomiting many times daily. But if you want me to not die yet, you need to do something now"

God cured me, even while addressing Him like "God I have no clue about God" . And vomit + diarrhea stopped immediately

I got my first proof "calling out to God can work" (I have to admit, it not always worked out that great, but that's fine with me, as I know God will help if it's really an emergency and if it's His Plan of course)

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
Very true indeed

I remember a beautiful long prayer, in short:
"God can do so many things, if only you surrender. Which means you give your problem to me, and let me take care of it...completely, that means that you don't even think about the problem...and if needed, I will even perform a miracle"

I know this is true, as I have seen it happen to others, as well as to myself on so many occasions. Both with people praying to Jesus and Sai Baba

First time I prayed was like "God, I have no clue who you are, but doctors told me that I am about to die. I am fine with that, because it would be a relieve from ca. 2 month diarrhea and vomiting many times daily. But if you want me to not die yet, you need to do something now"

God cured me, even while addressing Him like "God I have no clue about God" . And vomit + diarrhea stopped immediately

I got my first proof calling out to God can work (I have to admit, it not always worked out that great, but that's fine with me, as I know God will help if it's really an emergency and if it's His Plan of course)
What a BEAUTIFUL story. As I looked back in my life, I found God making a difference even when I didn't know Him or had prayed. Saved my life on two occasions. Today I recognize that it was God's mercy working.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
What a BEAUTIFUL story.
Thank you, I appreciate that

As I looked back in my life, I found God making a difference even when I didn't know Him or had prayed. Saved my life on two occasions. Today I recognize that it was God's mercy working.
Thank you for sharing your experiences

Quite some Grace and Love God poured on you, and how wonderful you needed not even ask. I love to hear first hand experiences. This sharing with others or singing in a congregation about God and His Glory is what makes me truly happy

Today I recognize that it was God's mercy working.
Wonderful. I believe that's the key, to "recognize God", at least it was for me. God was "waiting" for me to change my vision.

Now, whatever I do, I do my best to think of God, to draw Him into my life and actions, and since doing that for many years, He fills me with awe and wonder more and more each day. This Prayer of Surrender really helped me a lot. I would never have thought it was possible and so simple, still not easy always. And still daily practice to do it more. And this practice makes Religion even "fun" (as in the best way to spend my time)

Love, Peace and Blessings