• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cheating on your partner?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
@metis Not sure I see the relevance of your post.

To spell it out - if I am in a relationship, I am honest and loyal.
You actually spelled out the relevance with your latter statement, namely that I decided not to enter any "relationship" of commitment until I was ready to propose.

Even prior to asking my wife to marry me, she knew I was still dating other women, and I actually told her that it wouldn't be a bad idea if she dated other men even though she knew I loved her. Therefore, there was no issue of "cheating" on a relationship between us, plus I felt that if either of us decided not to marry each other that we would still have others to fall back on. My wife, otoh, chose not to date anyone else, but that was her choice.

BTW, we've been married now for 52 years.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
My point was, is going to prison the same as cheating, ie he was depriving her of her sex life.
Is joining the military and going overseas for an extended period of time the same as cheating? I wouldn't think so. Still, that is not the same as going to prison.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Is joining the military and going overseas for an extended period of time the same as cheating? I wouldn't think so. Still, that is not the same as going to prison.
I wouldn't see going into the military as a sort of betrayal, but committing a crime and going to prison could certainly be seen as a sort of betrayal.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
No it is not. If there was anything of that nature I would have mentioned it. It is simply a case of the male dominating a woman. I am rather surprised that nobody has yet picked up on that.
With all due respect, I must point out that it is rather daring to attempt to speak with authority about the exact expectations and promises made between a married couple that you are not a part of.

rocala

Is joining the military and going overseas for an extended period of time the same as cheating? I wouldn't think so. Still, that is not the same as going to prison
Well it is rather hard to join the military in an underhand manner. However planning a crime is different. Trust me, I have done both.

rocala

With all due respect, I must point out that it is rather daring to attempt to speak with authority about the exact expectations and promises made between a married couple that you are not a part of.
Which it is why it is on a chat show.?

PureX

Veteran Member
I am rather surprised at the replies to this.
@PureX no commitment was ever referred to or indicated. If it is not your" place to mention it", why are you posting?
It was implied by the man's reaction. Obviously, he presumed there was some sort of commitment made to him or he wouldn't have been upset or surprised that the woman took up with someone else while he was in prison.