• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Challenge for those that believe in billions of years for the age of things. Give anything that is more than 6000 years old. NO ASSUMPTIONS ALLOWED.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
Major Publisher Retracts 511 Peer Reviewed Scientific Articles

So you aren't going to answer my question and instead try to distract with a whataboutism? The question is straight forward. You made an assertion. Wheres the "greatest scientific demonstration?" Surely it'd win a nobel peace prize, at least

chris baron

So you aren't going to answer my question and instead try to distract with a whataboutism? The question is straight forward. You made an assertion. Wheres the "greatest scientific demonstration?" Surely it'd win a nobel peace prize, at least
yeah i know your tone. hostile and provocative. good luck

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
but only one true creator.

the greatest scientific demonstration ever performed by any man.

22 Elijah said, “I am the only prophet of the Lord here, but there are four hundred fifty prophets of Baal. 23 Bring two bulls. Let the prophets of Baal choose one bull and kill it and cut it into pieces. Then let them put the meat on the wood, but they are not to set fire to it. I will prepare the other bull, putting the meat on the wood but not setting fire to it. 24 You prophets of Baal, pray to your god, and I will pray to the Lord. The god who answers by setting fire to his wood is the true God.”
"Scientific demonstration?"

Q: How is a true creator distinguished from an untrue one? What features define a "true creator?"
Q: What is the quotation supposed to convey?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
how is this ridiculous information? if the Colorado River dug out Grand Canyon why aren't there more huge canyons in the world? I'm not smarter than you. you're just being stubborn and defiant. defiance and denial has long been a trait of those who rebel against God. good luck
There are many canyons, but the conditions necessary for a river to carve a deep canyon are not geologically common. All rivers are not canyon carvers.
Rebel against God? I'm not rebelling against God, any more than I'm rebelling against Cthulu.

What makes you believe God even exists, if I may ask?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

22 Elijah said, “I am the only prophet of the Lord here, but there are four hundred fifty prophets of Baal. 23 Bring two bulls. Let the prophets of Baal choose one bull and kill it and cut it into pieces. Then let them put the meat on the wood, but they are not to set fire to it. I will prepare the other bull, putting the meat on the wood but not setting fire to it. 24 You prophets of Baal, pray to your god, and I will pray to the Lord. The god who answers by setting fire to his wood is the true God.”
That is just an empty claim of the Bible. People naturally boast about their side. In the past they used to regularly lie about their side. How can you show that the Bible is reliable? No one has ever done that.

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
i have thought about it. there are 1000s of archeological geographic and geological places that support the biblical story but no one has ever seen humanity evolve up from reptiles
What are these places? I mean, to use an old analogy, New York City is a real place. By that the logic you seem to be attempting here, Spiderman is real.

The evidence supports evolution. It is not a belief in conjecture. It is a demonstrated phenomenon.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
yeah i know your tone. hostile and provocative. good luck

Not at all. I just care about the truth and I don't mince words. I'm the kind of friend who will tell you that you got spinach in your teeth, but I also will call friends on their BS when I see it. I also value friends who do the same with me as well

Back to the topic at hand though, why would you equate anything that happens in the Bible with science? I don't see the connection

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member

This passage is not describing science. It is claiming magic. Events that happen without physical explanation. On top of that, it is a claim. Not self-verifying by its existence of by the numbers of people that believe what it describes happened.

AdamjEdgar

We do have evidence of how and when it happened. But once again that does not exactly tell us why
All of the buckshot you come out eith is summed up right there subduction.
You state...nope Adam is weong...nope thst isn't right...nope that's incorrect...

Then you finish up by saying, we dont know why!

That's the whole problem with your stupidity on this...God has answers to all of this in the bible...a book which is thousands of years old and covers the entire period of human existence.

And stop bloody answering by plucking lines out of my responses...in doing thst your responses ignore context and leave out most of my points. I'm not going to respond to those kinds of idiotic habits anymore.

And btw , I won't even quote it directly...but the moron who answered my pascals wager by saying its not about a choice of eternal life doesn't even get the freaking point of God. The religious claim of eternal life is a fundamental of there being a God. If a moron can't understand that then why bother answering stupid dimwits any more.

Look, honestly, I don't give a crap any more than you do. If it turns out there is a God as illustrated in the bible, and you refuse Him...you're screwed...its thst flaming simple. If you don't care for that chance...

and it's a good one btw as it is well supported historically...

then fine, you make thst choice. In the meantime, unlike you, I will choose to believe and that is because I am willing to accept the gospel and the chance of eternal life. You can either wallow in the mud and drown, or take His hand and be saved. Evolution and its interpretations are not going to make a rats *** of difference when you die. Your answer to this is to choose the "we still don't know option".

I'm contemplating asking those who were once individuals of Christian faith why they left...im wondering if I can even be bothered to the read the sob story crap I'm likely to encounter in response? Even Bart Erhmans story is crap...he never was theologically sound in his beliefs in the first place...so I'm not surprised that when tested, his world view fell to pieces and thats the case for most who have left I think.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Are you trying out for the pot or the kettle here? History and facts and stuff are on my side. The OT is on my side. Your side appears to be just you sticking your tongue out....
Anyone taking basic Hebrew learns that elohim has multiple meanings. It can refer to many gods, as in the pantheons of the pagans. It can refer to angels. It can even refer to human judges. And it can certainly refer to the ONE true God. We KNOW for a fact that it can be used as a singular in this manner because the VERB TENSE is third person SINGULAR.

Now, I've given that evidence many times in here. And others have given that evidence many times in here. So it was very foolish of you to assume that evidence has not been provided. We have NOT simply proclaimed it based on our own authority -- your accusation is nonsense, and clearly an ad hominem attack.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member

The one true creator, that narrows it down a bit but still depends on who you're talking to.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
i have thought about it. there are 1000s of archeological geographic and geological places that support the biblical story but no one has ever seen humanity evolve up from reptiles

All of the buckshot you come out eith is summed up right there subduction.
You state...nope Adam is weong...nope thst isn't right...nope that's incorrect...

Then you finish up by saying, we dont know why!

That's the whole problem with your stupidity on this...God has answers to all of this in the bible...a book which is thousands of years old and covers the entire period of human existence.

And stop bloody answering by plucking lines out of my responses...in doing thst your responses ignore context and leave out most of my points. I'm not going to respond to those kinds of idiotic habits anymore.

And btw , I won't even quote it directly...but the moron who answered my pascals wager by saying its not about a choice of eternal life doesn't even get the freaking point of God. The religious claim of eternal life is a fundamental of there being a God. If a moron can't understand that then why bother answering stupid dimwits any more.

Look, honestly, I don't give a crap any more than you do. If it turns out there is a God as illustrated in the bible, and you refuse Him...you're screwed...its thst flaming simple. If you don't care for that chance...

and it's a good one btw as it is well supported historically...

then fine, you make thst choice. In the meantime, unlike you, I will choose to believe and that is because I am willing to accept the gospel and the chance of eternal life. You can either wallow in the mud and drown, or take His hand and be saved. Evolution and its interpretations are not going to make a rats *** of difference when you die. Your answer to this is to choose the "we still don't know option".

I'm contemplating asking those who were once individuals of Christian faith why they left...im wondering if I can even be bothered to the read the sob story crap I'm likely to encounter in response? Even Bart Erhmans story is crap...he never was theologically sound in his beliefs in the first place...so I'm not surprised that when tested, his world view fell to pieces and thats the case for most who have left I think.
No, we have gone over how we know that it is a myth countless times. If you refuse to learn that is not my fault. We do know why.

If you truly wanted to learn how we know I would help you. But I have never met a creationist that can be honest enough to learn.

By the way, you don't know. You keep telling us when you talk about choice. If you can be honest and if you let yourself learn there is no choice.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Thousands may be overstating it. But by that standard you have to accept evolution since there are millions of examples of evidence supporting evolution. You didn't even notice how you changed your standards.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Please name a few of these places and evidences.

Why would you expect anyone to have seen humanity evolving? Who lives for millions of years?

Last edited:

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think what originally happened was that when I converted the verbal 70 million to a numeral, I simply left out a section of 0's because I was typing fast and being careless. It was just a brain fart. This kind of transcription error just happens sometimes.
Thank you for not calling it a typo, which is when one inadvertently hits the wrong key. So, spelling somebody's name incorrectly because one doesn't know the correct spelling, or dropping a bank of zeroes, are other kinds of typing mistakes. Typos require keyboards, but these other kinds of mistakes can be made writing on paper as well.
Let's assume for the sake of argument that you are right in this. So what? What possible difference does it make?
That was in response to, "None of that changes the fact that the Hebrews originally worshipped many gods - who they thought were real - and then changed course to follow one of the 70 sons of El." The difference that it makes is that it corrects scriptural revisionism done to make the Bible seem flawless and unchanging.
Elohim as applied to the one true God is termed properly as God of Gods, or plural insofar as majesty.
It is today, yes, but if you mean that that's what was intended when the words were written, this would be an example of that revisionism.

Something similar happened to the word "you," which was originally only plural - singular was thou - but evolved to become a singular pronoun as well. It has happened twice in the Americanism y'all (you all), but now can be singular, and is often modified to all y'all to refer to more than one person.

And, of course, the best-known example of this kind of revisionism is redefining the days of creation to make billions six days to mean billions of years.
you're just being stubborn and defiant. defiance and denial has long been a trait of those who rebel against God.
A couple of traits that I see a lot in those that have embraced the god of Abraham is understanding dispassionate discourse as attack (see below) and freethinking as rebellion.
i know your tone. hostile and provocative.
These are words you perceived as hostile: "So you aren't going to answer my question and instead try to distract with a whataboutism? The question is straight forward. You made an assertion. Wheres the "greatest scientific demonstration?" Surely it'd win a nobel peace prize, at least."

No, he (or she) wasn't hostile. If you feel provoked, that's all you. I'll bet that Yours True doesn't feel attacked by my comment to her. She probably disagrees just as I disagreed with her, but I assume that she experienced only dissent, not attack.

But you're not alone as I alluded to. I just searched and found seven occasions where I pointed this out to a believer having an emotional reaction to a dispassionately written post over the last few weeks.

1703537267580.png

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Please name a few of these places and evidences.

Why would you expect anyone to have seen humanity evolving? Who lives for for millions of years?
I am willing to grant him his evidence, unless he mentions a specific claimed piece that we know has been refuted, because by those standards he has to accept evolution by a factor of more than 1,000.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Can you show that they felt no need to pursue these things. There is no evidence that turtles invented an internet or explored the universe. There is no evidence that daisies invented an internet or explored the universe. No evidence for cacti, snowshoe hares, jerboas, dinosaurs...inventing the internet or exploring the universe. Are you saying these didn't invent the internet or explore the universe out of lack of interest? That would imply some knowledge and awareness of the internet and the universe in order for them to be disinterested in either.
Right. No evidence. (lol, sorry :) ) And frankly, I doubt whether cockroaches, bunnies, and gorillas + others not humans, wonder about what's "out there" much.