• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Challenge for those that believe in billions of years for the age of things. Give anything that is more than 6000 years old. NO ASSUMPTIONS ALLOWED.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Where are all the bones and artifacts of people from before 6000 years ago?
Whenever people answer this question with actual evidence of exactly those things, you reply with "THE DATING IS FALSE"
So why even ask the question?

Besides, nothing is older then 5 seconds.
I know, because I, the allmighty Pasta Lord, have created the universe and everything it contains just 5 seconds ago.
Including all your memories of having lived your entire lives and having spammed these forums with your religious nonsense.

I just thought it was funny.

Don't believe me?
Okay.... Prove me wrong! No assumptions allowed!

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Still to come. Christ to rapture His church, the shortened 7 year tribulation, the return of Christ to destroy the wicked an reign for 1000 years with a rod of iron, a new heaven and a new Earth and then eternity,
Yes, yes...

Any day now!!

1697805952457.png

Bthoth

*banned*
Hello Bthoth. Good morning. I was going over the information about Moses and circumcision and do not find that in the Bible that he was not circumcised. Maybe I missed it, but thank you for bringing it up because it opens up a new thought for me about circumcision, not realizing that circumcision was evidently practiced among the Egyptians also. I remember later on a situation occurred with Moses' wife and circumcision. So thanks for bringing it up. I was reading about circumcision and see the following: "Circumcision was practiced in Egypt, as is illustrated in wall paintings and observed in mummies, but it is uncertain when it was first introduced in that country and to what extent it was performed. Some say that Joseph as food administrator introduced it to Egypt. Others cite Herodotus as authority for their claim that Abraham simply borrowed the custom from the Egyptians." https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200000977
I'll have to do a little more studying on this when I have more time, thanks! :)
No problem. That is one of the items that few ever realized. I was reading an interpretation of a letter some time ago which spoke about illnesses. The soldiers were having problems on their return from battle. They got something from the woman upon taking them (spoils of war).
It's a touchy subject to have with some people as many want to claim god made the choice and expected people to follow it.

Look into the eating habbits of the pharaoh and house of..................

Pork was not allowed as offerings. And preparations of offerings were important.....................

SavedByTheLord

Yes, yes...

Any day now!!

View attachment 83768
Date setting is discouraged so he did not pay attention to the word of God.

1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.
1 Thessalonians 5:1-10

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I doubt you'll get any decent answers
He doesn't read them.
how did Moses know at the time that Eve was created from Adam's rib and that a rib has a fantastic property to regenerate itself?
He didn't. Also, according to myths, Moses wasn't around then.
I was glad to see that @ratiocinator is back. The more atheists we have here the more fun we can have.
It seems that the critical thinkers agree. It's remarkable how long these half dozen or so identical threads have lasted and how interesting this display of the power of faith has been to them.
If by failed you mean it is not specific enough for you to know 'exactly' what it is referring to then most if not all Bible prophecies are failed prophecies
Nobody is arguing that, although lack of specificity is only one way that these prophecies fail. Many fail for predicting the mundane.
Explosion of knowledge in the last days. – Dan 12:4 Explosion in worldwide travel in the last days. – Daniel 12:4
How embarrassing for you. Here's what was actually "predicted": "But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge."
There are over 100,000 different proteins in the body of a person. That could not have evolved.
They must be the product of "evolution." There is nothing else up to the task but nature. If you ever find a god anywhere, let us know.
The odds against just these proteins having evolved, considering the atoms only, is about 10^200 billion to 1.
The odds are 100%. The proteins are here, but gods are not.
Circa now is the last days.
This again? Yawn.
Of course James Webb is not mentioned by name.
Such is the vapidity of biblical prophecy. My prophecies about you are much more specific. You ARE mentioned by name.
So creation took place in 6 24 hour days and the next 24 hour period was the 7th day.
Why is your god the only one in any creation myth that needed six days to work and then needed to rest? Doesn't sound very omnipotent to me.
With the redshift theory now debunked, there is no expansion and no Big Bang.
Genesis has been debunked. There were no six days of creation, no first humans, and no global flood. Thus, the god of Abraham has been ruled out.
1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.
Excuses for prophecy being so vague and nonspecific. Weak tea, amigo.

Compare those excuses to my prophecies about you, which contain no excuses and which are very specific. Go to any of these threads or any future thread started by you and find the exact words "evolution and billions of years." Search under your name in all through October of 2023 to find more. Your Bible can't match that:

1697817958821.png

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
How embarrassing for you. Here's what was actually "predicted": "But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge."
Have you ever looked at all the 'different' English translations of this verse?

NLV
But as for you, Daniel, keep these words hidden and lock up the Book until the end of time. Many will travel here and there and knowledge will be more and more.”

TLB
“But Daniel, keep this prophecy a secret; seal it up so that it will not be understood until the end times, when travel and education shall be vastly increased!”

Travel, knowledge, and education have vastly increased since the mid 19th century when Christ returned, so this prophecy has already been fulfilled. "Until the time of the end" means until the time of the end of the old age and the beginning of the new age.

We are living in the end times since the Age of Prophecy has ended and the Age of Fulfillment has begun.
the Age of Fulfillment is the new age that was ushered in by the return of Christ, which Baha'is believe was Baha'u'llah.

Yet the Christians are still waiting for the same man Jesus to return to earth from heaven, which is impossible since physical bodies cannot exist in heaven. That means only the spirit of Jesus could return to earth, which is exactly what happened and can be proven with Bible prophecies alone.

Even if the Bible was the only evidence of Baha'u'llah's claim to be the return of Christ and the messiah, that would be adequate for me.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Date setting is discouraged so Christians can continue to wait forever for Jesus to return.
That is the real reason, and that is exactly what Christians will do - wait forever - since Jesus is never going to return to earth, as He said.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.​
John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.​
John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.​
John 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.​

Nowhere did Jesus EVER say that He was going to return to earth, not once in the New Testament.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Date setting is discouraged so Christians can continue to wait forever for Jesus to return.
That is the real reason, and that is exactly what Christians will do - wait forever - since Jesus is never going to return to earth, as He said.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.​
John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.​
John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.​
John 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.​

Nowhere did Jesus EVER say that He was going to return to earth, not once in the New Testament.
Some of those disciples of his are very very long lived, Methuselah is a piker in comparison:

For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done. Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom (Matt. 16:27–28).

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Do you really believe that?
Prove it.

Sell your house and give me all your money and assets.
You won't need it anyway since we are in "the last days", right?
Last days never meant end of the world. It means the end of an age. That Bible translation has been corrected.

KJ21
And as He sat upon the Mount of Olives, the disciples came unto Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when shall these things be? And what shall be the sign of Thy coming and of the end of the world?”
NKJV
Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

NIV
As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”
NIVUK
As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. ‘Tell us,’ they said, ‘when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?’

The end of the age is the end of the old age and the beginning of a new age.

Signs of the End of the Age​

3 As he sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?” 4 And Jesus answered them, “See that no one leads you astray. 5 For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray.

Please note that Jesus did not answer that He was coming back to earth, since Jesus never planned to return to earth. (John 14:19, John 17:11, John 17:4)
Jesus only warned people not being led astray since He knew that many would come claiming to be Christ and lead people astray.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I'm not saying anything much about it except that how did Moses know at the time that Eve was created from Adam's rib and that a rib has a fantastic property to regenerate itself? She was obviously closely biologically of him. But the point is that a rib is the part of a body that can grow back. I doubt doubt doubt that men knew this thousands of years ago. And -- since it is "miracle" of sorts that God made Eve from Adam's rib, and I no longer accept the theory of evolution as explained by scientists, metaphor or no metaphor, it is too close to biological knowledge they did not have back then to overlook. Metaphor or not, Moses wasn't that dumb that he just put in that she came from Adam's rib. Can I explain it beyond that? No. You guessed it. Metaphor or not, it makes astoundingly good current scientific sense that the rib can grow back. I doubt that Moses knew that of any scientific data back then.
Where does the Bible say anything about ribs growing back under very specific circumstances?
And if Eve were "biologically of him [Adam] then their kids would be a product of incest.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I would never be taken in by cold reading. It is so obviously a sham.

There is only one way you can know that you are actually contacting a spirit who is is the spiritual world. If, before that person died, you and that person agreed to say something that only you and that person know about and that comes through in the communication, then you know it is that person. My late husband agreed on something a long time ago, but I don't know if he would still remember. Unfortunately, I did not to to talk to him in his last days to remind him, and too much else was going on.

I have not tried to contact him yet but I might, but I am not telling anyone what our secret is, and certainly I would not tell the medium. It is such an obscure thing, nobody could ever guess it, so if it came through I would know it was him.
My Nana and I had a similar arrangement. Haven't heard from her yet after 9 years.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

1 Thessalonians 5:1-10
Preach more, preacher

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
No problem. That is one of the items that few ever realized. I was reading an interpretation of a letter some time ago which spoke about illnesses. The soldiers were having problems on their return from battle. They got something from the woman upon taking them (spoils of war).
It's a touchy subject to have with some people as many want to claim god made the choice and expected people to follow it.

Look into the eating habbits of the pharaoh and house of..................

Pork was not allowed as offerings. And preparations of offerings were important.....................
Intewesting...I did look into the circumcision issue. It was apparently Moses's SON that Zipporah was really upset about. :) Seems he was not circumcised and the Bible says the angel was set for destruction. Yes, very, vewy intewesting. Take care, thanks for your input. :) Of course when I speak from memory I could be wrong. (Another reason why the Bible has so much written down according to holy spirit generating the desire among God's servants to write things down rather than leave them to memory.)

YoursTrue

I believe that there are mediums that can contact the dead, but they are rare. Overwhelmingly, they are frauds, or mistaken that they can do this. Just my opinion.
You can believe whatever you want but the Bible tells me and many of us that the dead are not communicating with anyone. You may conclude from that what you want.

YoursTrue

Hello Bthoth. Good morning. I was going over the information about Moses and circumcision and do not find that in the Bible that he was not circumcised. Maybe I missed it, but thank you for bringing it up because it opens up a new thought for me about circumcision, not realizing that circumcision was evidently practiced among the Egyptians also. I remember later on a situation occurred with Moses' wife and circumcision. So thanks for bringing it up. I was reading about circumcision and see the following: "Circumcision was practiced in Egypt, as is illustrated in wall paintings and observed in mummies, but it is uncertain when it was first introduced in that country and to what extent it was performed. Some say that Joseph as food administrator introduced it to Egypt. Others cite Herodotus as authority for their claim that Abraham simply borrowed the custom from the Egyptians." https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200000977
I'll have to do a little more studying on this when I have more time, thanks! :)
To @Bthoth, I did not know that the Egyptians practiced circumcision until I looked it up. Thanks. :) Enjoyed our discussion.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I believe that there are mediums that can contact the dead, but they are rare. Overwhelmingly, they are frauds, or mistaken that they can do this. Just my opinion.
I agree that many of them are frauds, which is why I have not yet tried to contact Lewis. It is better to have no information than have incorrect information. My counselor told me about clients she has had who were made worse by using a medium to try to contact their husbands, and some of the things she said came through in the communication sounded really fishy to me. So unless I could really know that it was Lewis who was contacted and know that what came through was accurate, it is better just to let sleeping dogs lie.